Springfield Restaurants

Souvenirs and pine tables

Most Recent Restaurants in Springfield

Arde's Villa: Not so Impressed

by Moustique Updated Apr 4, 2011

I went here awhile back and was not impressed and have not met anyone who has been. The decor is wonderful inside, more old french style. The place seems very upscale and believe me the price of the food matches. I was very excited when i first walked in the door and then even more excited when i found out they had snails. the food had way too much sauce on it and was very overpriced. The food wasnt horrible but for the price it was unacceptable.

The best thing about the place is they had live entertainment...they had a lady on the piano singing. she was really good but sometimes she was pretty loud and it was hard to enjoy dinner.

Favorite Dish: They have a great wine selection

• Moustique's Profile Photo

Gallery Bistro: the art of contemporary cuisine

by Moustique Updated Apr 4, 2011

An eclectic mix of Asian, French, English, Spanish and Down-home. The bistro has fresh fish flown in weekly and handcut steaks. They are another restaraunt that prides themselves with fresh ingredients. They have a great reputation for good service and atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: try the steak it is wonderful.

Mille's Turn of the Century Cafe: American Cafe

by Moustique Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a great place to go with a group of friend for eating and drinking. Nice weather they even have an outdoor patio. It is a very casual atmosphere with great food anyone could enjoy.

Favorite Dish: i love the thai chicken and shrimp, the mediterranean pasta, and the blackened chicken quesadilla

Valentine's: Working Woman's Wednesday

by Moustique Updated Apr 4, 2011

Any place that has working women's happy hour is a good place to go. Every Wednesday from 6-8pm. Dinner is busier than lunch. Lunch time, you can be served quickly and with great food. Overall this is a great dining experience if you are single or mated.

Favorite Dish: The Mahi Riccard is wonderful, i also reccomend the Grilled Tropic Salmon, and the Chicken Valentine.

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

Smokey Bones BBQ: Best Mashed Potatoes In Town

by Moustique Updated Apr 4, 2011

By far the best BBQ in Springfield and is new in town. It was voted best new restaurant by 417 magazine. But omg even if you don't like bbq you must at least try the mashed potatoes.

Favorite Dish: Lots of good things. first of all the mashed potatoes!!! Old fashion skillet cornbread comes with an amazing crushed pecan butter, bbq chicken and shrimp, mojo bbq chicken. I am not a big fan of ribs but everyone says they are awesome. they also have doughnuts, i haven't tried them yet and I don't really understand why they have them, but I heard they were good

• Singles

Outback Steakhouse: Best Steak and Ceasar Salad

by Moustique Updated Apr 4, 2011

I love this place!!! It was voted by 417 magazine best steaks in the chain category. I was really upset with this place for a bit because they took my favorite menu item off, but not frets it's back. the victoria's center cut filet. They are a very busy restaurant but they do have call ahead seating which is really nice and you can usually get a seat pretty quickly in the bar area.

Favorite Dish: Victoria's center cut filet medium rare, just writing this makes me want to go eat there right now. they also have a wonderful ceasar salad with a southwest dressing. Of course they are known for the bloomin onion which my dad has everytime, and the coconut shrimp is yummy

Steak & Ale: Hmm?????

by Moustique Updated Apr 4, 2011

I have been here a couple of times and each time i am disappointed. Worst service each time i go which is very important to me and the food was nothing spectacular. I thought maybe I just had a couple of bad times, but I am not the only one that feels the same way.

Favorite Dish: nothing

• descant1's Profile Photo

HERRADURA: Tender Arrachera and refreshing Horchata.

by descant1 Written Aug 20, 2009

WELL SATISFIED.
    Actually we just passed by to this restaurant trying to cure our craving for Mexican food. Thanks for the GPS. The place itself is clean and has a bunch of waiters.
    We did not eat inside 'cause we had that mood just to chow and hit the road again. So we ate in the car in the parking lot.
    Mexican rice with camaron, grilled arrachera was suprisingly very tender and of course the very refreshing drink HORCHATA. Guess what? They have hotdogs for kids too, my boys enjoyed it.
    PRICE is cheap.
    FOOD is good.
    SERVICE is great ( he helped my wife bringing our food to the car. )

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Roosters: Special Deli Menu

by BruceDunning Updated Jun 16, 2009

View of store front decor

Now moved to new location across from McDonald's at the west end of the town. They have a larger place and more food items to select

Favorite Dish: The Italian beef is the best, but also have Vianna Red hots hot dogs, and trimmed just like in Chicago.

• Seniors

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Lambert's: Lambert's-Throw a Roll

by BruceDunning Written May 18, 2009

Sign annnouncing the restaurant

They have a reputation for good food and also throw rolls around while you eat. Location near Springfield is 8 miles south, but another location is in Ozark Mo to the east near St. Louis,and the main place in Sikeston Mo to the north 100 miles.
    The experience is getting and catching the rolls

Favorite Dish: Chicken is very good, but large portions of country fried steak is maybe the best to choose with 11 and 16 oz portions. Ham is another favorite. Sides of vegetables come with the meals.

• Haruno's: Don't Miss this Fish!

by SciTeacher20 Written Jun 24, 2007

I did not know that I liked sushi...WOW!, was I wrong! Haruno's has it down pat! The music is kinda jazzy and the decor is contemporary and, well, Japanese. Their service was wonderful but their food was what was amazing: particularly the assortment of flavors. I've gone with a friend of mine who's Korean and loves the raw stuff, whereas my husband and I are not so adventurous and eat the cooked food. Nonetheless, we're all big fans and eat their as often as we can.

Favorite Dish: The Oh My God is incredible, and they light something on fire below it, but the Jurassic Park is also amazing. I never knew how tasty eel is!

• Study Abroad

• FISH: I love Seafood, but not FISH

by SciTeacher20 Written Jun 24, 2007

I was so excited to eat at FISH because when we walked in, my hubby and I, the ambience blew us away. They have the coolest big wall of a waterfall. The rooms are sectioned off - kinda - and blue; very aquatic. The service was good, too. But the food was not good at all. I got the almond-crusted Talapia (it's been quite a while!) and a baked potato. The baked potato was supposed to be twice-baked but I swear it was microwaved and the ones you microwave from Sam's are much better. The fish was so bland (and, yes, I know Talapia is mild) and the crust was nasty and my husband was just as disappointed with his meal. It was pricey, so we expected good food. We received below average. I did like my flavored tea.

Favorite Dish: The flavored tea was scrumptious.

• Beaches
    • Aquarium

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Agrario: Never disappointing

by imlikeabird Written Jun 4, 2007

Agrario has the best food and a great selection. It's fairly upscale by Springfield standards and I've never been disappointed in their food. Their tapas are excellent and you can also order their tapas from the Bodega Bar upstairs (see nightlife tips) and they always have a daily special. I've tried so many things there, but I'm really partial to their pan seared tuna. The menu is frequently updated and they always have a good selection of steaks, seafood, and usually lamb.

Favorite Dish: They have the best desserts in town. Excellent creme brulee and they use to have Baklava that was to die for. Not sure if it's still on the menu. From the tapas menu, try the polenta with mushroom.

• yoyosh's Profile Photo

FISH: For Springfield Missouri this is pretty good!

by yoyosh Written Mar 14, 2006

I go to Springfield for work a couple time of year, and I'm pretty sick of Applebee's, TGIF's, and that sort of fare. A client suggested a new place called "Fish", and I happily suprised. I know the idea of fresh seafood in Missouri is a little strange, but once i got over that idea, things were fine. I had some fish tacos, which were excellent. My client had tilapia which looked and smelled amazing, and his wife had scallops, which also looked great. They have a full bar, and the atmosphere is casual and relaxing, but definately a step up from standard chain restaurant fare. I'd defiately go back. For Springfield its a little more pricey than other options, but i didn't see anything on the menu over $25.

• Seniors

• MELEBR's Profile Photo

Flame Steakhouse & Red Room Lounge: Chic atmosphere

by MELEBR Written Feb 16, 2006

The filet migon is soooo tender is almost melts in your mouth! They dry-age their steak on site. You can view their menu, wine selctions and pictures on their website. This is up-scale dining but well worth it. The food and staff are both excellent.

Instant Answers: Springfield

Comments

Springfield Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Springfield restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Springfield sightseeing.