Unionville Travel Guide

This, I Like

Unionville Things to Do

This, I Like

by Tim_Wood Updated Apr 25, 2003

As I mentioned befor The county fair here is the largest draw for here. The private lake of Thunderhead, north of town draws people that want to buy a lot or home on a beutiful lake. It have a 9 hole golf coarse & swimming beach, marina/resuraunt,camping,fishing tourneies for owners . They have cookouts & activities & such.The fireworks on the lake on the 4th are a nice site from a boat.
    If you get a nitch to see or visit here, you just need to come & see for yourself.

• Fishing
    • Camping
    • Golf

Unionville Nightlife

by Tim_Wood Written Oct 5, 2002

Depending on how active or boaring you like it, theres not a nitelife here. Of coarse if you include cruseing the square like the kids do well than. Otherwise you have to go to Kirksville Mo. Or Centerville Ia. to do anything else.
    I guess a hot nite on the cool evening water, on the boat cruiseing the lake is a nitelife I can handle.

Dress Code: No dress code allowed around here. casual is the norm.

Unionville Local Customs

by Tim_Wood Updated Oct 5, 2002

THe biggest thing that has gone on here forever is the Deere season each year. We do have a great deere population,way to many still. Farmers will be the first to tell ya. If your a advid deere hunter, check into it around here. Is is good hunting.Sorry no pics at this time tho.

Unionville Tourist Traps

by Tim_Wood Written Oct 5, 2002

The only tourist traps around here , hmmm I guess that each year just a couple of weeks befor the 4th of july, we have fireworks buildings,booths,& large tents set up everywhere. There leagal to sell here. Our closest states around us however, they are not. People come along ways to buy there fireworks from here. We are just a spit away from the Iawa state line.

Unionville What to Pack

home away from home

by Tim_Wood Updated Apr 25, 2003

Luggage and bags: Short & sweet, few cloths, some money, & a fishing pole & tackle. Ohhh ya, & my name. :>)

Photo Equipment: Bring the cameras & film, You never know what might happen.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: If your a camper or swimmer U know what to bring.

• by jsalisbury90 Written Oct 4, 2002

Luggage and bags: i live here just pack light cloaths in the summer and heavy cloaths in the winter.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: swimming stuff for the lake. there is a pool but only for members.

Photo Equipment: we have a Pamida to buy batteries and just bring a charger for your digital camaras.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: BRING BUG SPRAY!

Miscellaneous: Just bring your self and your bags to have a good time!

• Unionville Hotels

0 Hotels in Unionville

Unionville Off The Beaten Path

by Tim_Wood Written Oct 5, 2002

Of coarse by now, U have figured out that outside, water, fishing, boating & about anything that goes with these topics are Me. Where I work now as a maitanance tech. on a corporate farm, has a certain benifate that I love.Can U guess? They have great freshwater ponds. Great fishing & no crowds.

Unionville Favorites

We do Like to fish

by Tim_Wood Written Oct 5, 2002

Favorite thing: Get here at the end of the summer. The county fair here is one of the best in the state. It runs the week following Laborday. Im not exactly a country fan, but if U R, They do have good headliners each yr. I say if U R a country western fan that is.

Fondest memory: The fishing , I would have to say that I would say the found spots for fishing are amoung my best memories. Evenings on the lake,camping, oh ya did I mention fishing:>) 2002 has been a great yr for bass for me this yr. heres a pic of my youngest boy with a good days catch, one of many we had .

Instant Answers: Unionville

Comments

Unionville Travel Guide
Map of Unionville