Big Sky Restaurants

• Restaurants
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Big Sky

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Chet's Bar & Grill: Terrific Bar!

by charlenemixa Written May 28, 2014

We stopped in for after dinner drinks at Chet's Bar & Grill in the Huntley Lodge. We are so glad we did as the Bar has a lot of history and we remember Chet Huntley (& David Brinkley) being on the news for years. The bartender was friendly and we had a fun evening chatting with him and others about how the Big Sky Resort came to fruition, as well as its history over the years.

• charlenemixa's Profile Photo

Carabiner Lounge: Enjoy a Great Dinner at Big Sky

by charlenemixa Written May 28, 2014

Carabiner Restaurant is located in the Summit Ldge at the Resort. During the day it serves sandwich type meals but has upscale dining in the evening. Although the menu options are limited with only about six entree choices, the food was very good. My Half Chicken breast with a crunch salad and macaroni and cheese was very well done. My husband had the scallops but felt the portions were small. We enjoyed the desserts of apple crisp and liquid chocolate cake. The service could have been better as the resort wasn't busy during our visit. We felt the waiter should have been more attentive.

Favorite Dish: The Liquid Chocolate cake was spectacular!

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Pinnacle at Big Sky: Have to ski down from the restaurant!

by GracesTrips Written Mar 12, 2010

You take a ski lift (Ramcharger lift) up to the restaurant. Very cozy and a little more upscale as far as restaurants on top of mountains go. There is dining outside but it's more self serve and you order your food at a window (also outside). Great views and the food was pretty good, too!. I had a bread bowl of chili and it was delicious along with a mug of hot apple cider. My boyfriend had the pasta dish. It was light and tasty. Other menu items included fish and chips, reuben sandwich, burgers, Asian chicken salad, etc. Skiing down is tricky since most of the runs on that side of the mountain are for intermediate skiers. There is some green runs that go to a different ski lift area and only one green run that takes you back to the original section of the main ski lifts.

Andiamo Italian Grille: Nicer Dining Experience in Big Sky

by GracesTrips Updated Mar 10, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Sea Bass

We dined here as part of a catered event. Not sure if our entrees were on the regular menu but can speak of it's quality in preparation. I would say it was just okay. I had a parmesan crusted sea bass. The fish served to me was quite a bit. More than I can eat. Fish seemed fresh and the parmesan crust was just on top. Served with a few sprigs of asparagus but there was not starch (no potatoes-rice-pasta) which seemed odd to me. My boyfriend had the steak, I think a New York Strip. Also served by itself, without any starch. We did enjoy a great spinach salad before the entree served with a piece of goat cheese, wine poached pears and bacon bits. We ordered the chocolate cake dessert which was quite good. Too large a piece actually and creamy. I have to say, the wine selection was very good!

Since we did not pay for dinner or see a menu, I have no clue what the meals cost.

Located in the Village Center at Mountain Village in Big Sky.

Mr. Hummers: Salads, Burgers, Sandwiches, Fish & Chips, Beer

by GracesTrips Updated Mar 10, 2010

Simple lunch menu but pretty good. Haven't seen the dinner menu. I had the pastrami ruben and it was quite tasty served with potato chips and a tiny scoop of coleslaw. My boyfriend had the bison burger. I had a bite and it was good, too, served with french fries. We went back a second time and we split the fish & chips. Three pieces of fish, not too big, but it was tasty. Located inside the Mountain Mall at Mountain Village.

Whiskey Jack's: Burgers, Salads, Appetizers

by GracesTrips Updated Mar 8, 2010

Located at the Mountain Mall, this was a place we had lunch after a few hours of skiing. I had the chicken tortilla soup which was okay, not great. My boyfriend had a burger and he seem to enjoy that. We both had beers and lunch was satisfactory. Prices are reasonable and the place is convenient to the ski lifts.

• Beer Tasting

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Huntleigh Lodge Cafe: Decent Buffet Breakfast!

by GracesTrips Written Mar 8, 2010

View from our table!

They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner but we have just had breakfast here. Not bad! Omelet Bar is the bomb. Have your omelet any way you want, eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, pancakes, cheese blintz, cereals, fruit, muffins, pastries, good coffee. Not sure what breakfast costs because we are staying at this lodge and included with our stay is the breakfast.

• Rainbow Ranch Lodge: Excellent Dining in Montana

by avidtraveler1 Updated Jan 15, 2006

From the moment you enter the Rainbow Ranch Lodge in Big Sky, Montana, its staff do an incredible job of making your night special. Whether one is in the mood for fresh flown in seafood, beef, wild game or a variety of vegetarian options, Chef Tom Donohoe prepares and presents dishes that suit everyones' palate. The wine list compares to some of the most extensive in the U.S., let alone in Montana, and the wine cellar, which is simply magnificent, seats up to fourteen people for dinner.

Favorite Dish: It's difficult to decide when you love them all! If I had to choose from a few of the dishes, the Amaltheia Dairy Goat Cheese Ravioli is mouth-watering. It's unexpectedly light and simply melts in your mouth. Some of the popular meat dishes are the Gorgonzola-Crusted Bone-In Buffalo Rib-Eye along with the Elk Tenderloin. The fire-roasted vegetables over Winter Squash Masala are a perfect treat for vegetarians!

• Wine Tasting

• GroovyDoc's Profile Photo

Rainbow Ranch: Awesome Game!

by GroovyDoc Written Feb 18, 2003

At the Rainbow Ranch Bar

When you're surrounded by bison and elk, sometimes you get a taste for game. This very upscale but humble restaurant was about 15 miles (30 minutes) from the hotel, but well worth the drive. There is actually a lodge/hotel on the same premises, but we didn't stay there. The food was superb & the service was exceptional. I'm looking forward to eating there again on my next trip back.

Favorite Dish: Elk chops, bison steak, elk spring rolls, mmmmm!!

• GroovyDoc's Profile Photo

Chets: Standard fare

by GroovyDoc Written Feb 18, 2003

This is a small restaurant in our hotel, the Huntley, so we ate there, but there was a very limited menu, service was poor, and our food was cold. I understand they have live entertainment some nights, so maybe things improve, but the place didn't hold our interest.

Instant Answers: Big Sky

Comments

Big Sky Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Big Sky restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Big Sky sightseeing.