Big Sky Sports & Outdoors

by DEBBBEDB

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Big Sky

Heated Pool!

by GracesTrips Updated Apr 20, 2014

After a cold, snowy round of skiing or snowboarding, a dip in the heated pool feels fantastic! And, when I say heated, it is HOT! At the Huntleigh Lodge, a dressing room area leads to an entrance of the pool (indoors). That first section, the temperature was up at 107 degrees F! You exit to the outdoor pool area and the temperatures are more reasonable to like warm bath water. It is great!

We noticed another nearby lodge with a similar heated pool, too! Make sure to check the hotel/lodge's amenities.

• Skiing and Boarding

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Horseback Riding

by DEBBBEDB Updated Apr 13, 2014

We booked a horseback ride from one of the places that the resort recommended. There were guided tours from one hour to all day Beginners or experienced riders welcome. These are the phone numbers of their 'partners'

Cache Creek Outfitters: (406) 995-3888
    Canyon Adventures: (406) 995-4450
    Cedar Mountain Corrals: (406) 539-4065
    Jake's Horses: (800) 352-5956
    Lone Mountain Ranch: (406) 995-4644
    Rocking HK Outfitters: 406.333.4505

Equipment: They supply the horses and the saddles and equipment.

My picture from the horses' back Son's picture
    • Horse Riding
    • Camping
    • Farm Stay

Horseback Riding

by GracesTrips Written Mar 10, 2010

I usually enjoy horseback riding and depending on the location, it can be rather expensive. This was quite reasonable. We paid $57 per person for a 2 hour ride. I'm not sure if the rates go up during the summer. We went during the winter time (March). There was still snow on the ground and the temperatures were chilly. We took a trail that leads up quite high and you have some great views of Big Sky.

The facility itself looks run down, the horses aren't groomed, be prepared to walk in horse dung. Russ, the handler, was extremely nice and friendly. There may be other places to go horseback riding but this was the only one open all year long and during the winter months. I enjoyed it but my boyfriend wasn't too keen on it.

• Horse Riding

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Skiing, what else is there to do!

by GracesTrips Updated Mar 8, 2010

Okay, skiing and snowboarding, what else is there to do! Big Sky is what I call phenomenal skiing experience. Lots of runs and, especially for me, a choice of long, green runs to take. I haven't tried the blue runs because they look equivalent to the much more intermediate runs we have in Big Bear. Very nice experience!

Kids 10 years and under ski free!

Equipment: Ski or snowboard equipment
    Goggles, sunglasses
    SUNSCREEN!
    Hat

• Skiing and Boarding

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Fishing

by DEBBBEDB Written Sep 27, 2009

My husband is big into fishing. I (Barb) don't eat fish, and I don't go fishing either. But my husband and son seemed to have a good time fishing here.

The boys dressed for the fight Husband with fish Son taking his fish out of the net
    • Fishing
    • Camping
    • Farm Stay

Instant Answers: Big Sky

Comments

Big Sky Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Big Sky sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Big Sky sightseeing.