Billings Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Billings

Enzo: A Mediterranean Bistro

by KimberlyAnn Updated Oct 11, 2013

The New York food critic and travel writer Steven Shaw wrote, “Who would have believed that Billings, Montana could be the home of a restaurant as good as Enzo?”
    Enzo has a pleasant interior decorated in Mediterranean shades of ochre and olive, with two levels and half moon pine bars. The menu features authentic Naples pizza made in an Italian wood burning oven, wonderful handmade pastas, mesquite grilled Pacific fish and aged meats, sandwiches, salads, and delicious desserts. They also feature a selection of microbrews and regional wines. We use to eat lunch here often when we would go to Billings for the day, but a friend just told me that they now are only open for dinners. That is a loss for us!

Favorite Dish: I love the pastas, but my husband usually goes for the pizzas.

Beef "O' Brady's: Good prices

by Dymphna1 Updated Aug 5, 2013

This is an Irish based fair. Mine was really good. I was roast beef, sauce, mash potatoes and bread - Don't recall the name of it. But it covered the plate for $9.99 and then I added onion rings for $1.99. The fish & chips my friend had the fish was really good, not so much for the chips. When we complained she said they make them in big batches, which is why they came cold - but she did not compensate us.

The beer list is extensive for what is only on tap.Then they have a large number of sodas that they mix in house. So they can make you the cherry soda mixed with what ever you want the right way.

• Beer Tasting

Fudruckers: Fresh meat

by Dymphna1 Written May 14, 2013

Some of the meat is butchered on site. As you enter there small butcher shop in the front.

There is also a small pond next to here where wild ducks and geese to feed.

Favorite Dish: I like the buffalo burger and steak. The steak is butchered on site.

Jake's: A Popular Downtown Restaurant

by KimberlyAnn Updated Sep 22, 2012

Jakes

Warning!! I was going to delete this review, but as the title states, this is a popular downtown restaurant. When we moved to Wyoming 26 years ago, this was the Billings Restaurant recommended to us by locals. We seem to have nothing but problems when we go there. Often it has been with the male waiter that we frequently get, who never seems to get things right, and one time actually chased us out of the dining room accusing us of not paying the bill, when what he had in his hand was the sizable tip we had left him. The last time we went, however, it wasn’t the staff, as we had a lovely waitress, but my husband's prime rib was so tough, that he didn’t eat it. I had tried duck for a change, and it was good, although not outstanding. We were headed for the theater, so we did not have time for him to order something else. The person who was sent to our table (manager?) said he was so sorry, and that he would take my husband’s martini off our bill. Martini? Huh? The martini was fine, it was the prime rib that was terrible! We asked that the cook chop it up into small pieces so that the cook could see how tough it was, and to put it into a container so that we could feed it to the magpies. When the waitress returned with our bill, she said that the cost of my husbands entire dinner, except for the dessert, would be taken off our bill. And talking about desserts, we did have a delicious cake, and when I say we, I only shared it with him as it was HUGE!!!! One could have fed two or three people off of that one piece!!! So if you ignore my warning, and give Jakes a try, be aware you might want to share the desert. As for us, at this time our feeling is that we will never go back to Jakes again.

This restaurant, located in the heart of down town Billings, has been a favorite of locals for years. This has a pleasantly decorated dining room with a 1930s urban Western look. The menu is varied and includes steaks, chicken, seafoods, and homemade desserts. The dining room is smoke free.

Favorite Dish: The prime rib at Jakes is excellent(Well at least use to be. What my husband had was a very low grade!!!).They slow roast it the old fashion way, starting with an actual roast. There is a choice of 14 or 18 oz. slices. Note, however, that this is available only for as long as it lasts. so go early if Prime Rib is what you would like to have.

Walkers Grill: Our Favorite Restaurant When Going To the Theater

by KimberlyAnn Updated Mar 14, 2012

Walkers Grill

Walkers Grill has been in Billings since 1993, and is a favorite with locals as well as visitors. With its executive chef, a full bar, and a varied menu which usually includes pastas, fish, fowl, pork, beef, and buffalo, most people will find a meal that fits their tastes. Since this restaurant is not too far from the Alberta Bair Theater, we often choose Walker’s Grill as the place to have our dinner out before the show. The service is offered in a professional, friendly manner, and the atmosphere is casual, yet elegant. It has received a number of awards, including several for excellences from Wine Spectator. Besides being written up in the local newspaper, it has also been written up in the Wall Street Journal and Frommer’s Guide. A number of famous people have eaten at Walkers, including President Bill Clinton, Garrison Keillor, Jon Voight, Mel Gibson, Alan Ginsberg, and Joan Baez. Walkers Grill is opens at 5:30 daily for dinner. A complete dinner includes a choice of the day’s soup or Caesar salad. You can substitute any hot or cold tapas for an adjusted price.

Photo from Walker's web page, used with permission.

Favorite Dish: Walker’s executive chef frequently creates new dishes, and drops old ones from the menu, so just when I settle on my “favorite” he replaces it with something new. The plus here is that I don’t get stuck into a rut of always eating the same thing, as it forces me to try something different. The fresh catch of the day fish is one I always consider. The last time I chose the Catch of the Day, it was grouper, and it was the best grouper I had ever eaten. I have tried a number of the chef’s duck dishes, and the meat is never greasy, yet is always moist and tender. Often the menu will include a dish or two that is slowly cooked for a number of hours. These are always excellent, with delicious sauces and gravies. Like desserts? All of Walker’s desserts are made within the restaurant’s kitchen, and I haven’t had a bad one yet.

Lemon Grass Thai Restaurant: Nice atmosphere

by Dymphna1 Written May 24, 2011

I know nothing about Thai food, so if this is authentic or not could not tell you. But the food was good and I did not have to take a drink of water with every bite, as has happened to me with so many different Asian foods. It was actually a comfortable temperature. This place is brand new.

Taste of the west: Muzloader Cafe

by Dymphna1 Updated Apr 16, 2011

This place is a throw back in time. It is the menu that would be on at any local home ranch house. Basic but good. And the price is right. You can get a good meal, with large portions for a reasonable price here. With the bar attached on the other side you can get a beer with your meal or any other drink you prefer. And the beer is not expensive.

Favorite Dish: Prime rib! it isn't on every night, but hey when they have it, I get it.

Texas Roadhouse: Don't even need sauce

by Dymphna1 Written Feb 8, 2010

This is a fun place to go. The booth area we were in was the Willy Nelson booth, with Willy Nelson all over. There are free peanuts and shells everywhere. This is a very laid back atmosphere. We had a group of 14 and we all had a good time here.

Favorite Dish: I had the 6 oz Sirloin - which is more than plenty for me. I went early so it was only $7.99. The steak is so good that I did not have to put any sauce on it. Every time I have had a steak there it has been that good. The guy next to me had the pulled pork and loved it.

I had a great ale that was on tap. They have a full bar there. Although we did have a long discussion as to if the glasses were actually as big as they advertised they were.

They decided that they were doing a a late late birthday celebration for me. Now it takes quite a bit to make me turn red. But they come in and make a big deal about it. There is clapping and getting everyone involved in the celebration.

Famous Daves: It does alright

by Dymphna1 Updated Jan 18, 2010

Girls night out

This is a favorite place for my Poor Souls Society to go to dinner. The booths are big enough to have several pregnant women in them on both sides. It is redneck comfortable. They leave the Christmas lights up year round. The paper towel holders are made from pipes and each one is a bit different.

We usually close the place down sitting there talking. They do serve beer and wine. I am not a big bbq fan, but for those at the table that are, they really like it. Several of them think the bbq catfish is the best.

Personally I think the corn bread is wonderful. It has a honey taste to it and is some of the best anywhere. The apple side dish is really good. It is very sweet.

Favorite Dish: Don't really have a favorite yet.

I trust this on: Mustard Seed Fast & Fresh Asian Grill

by Dymphna1 Written Oct 9, 2009

Front door

The decor is simple. You can see into the kitchen, so you can see how clean it is. Frankly speaking, my experience with Asian restaurants is one of discuss because they are not clean. Having spent a fair amount of time working in different restaurants, I don't make excuses for dirty restaurants!

I spoke with the owner not long after this place opened and he stated that they do not add MSG to the food. He does not allow MSG in the place.

The staff has always been friendly and cheery. Personally I see that as a sign of good management practices.

Favorite Dish: I had the Maui Chicken this last time. I like sweet and sour and this was good. You can get it hotter as to taste. I don't care for my food to be real hot. But they do have a rating system as to how many dragons you want your food to be. It was only $8.95 for the dish and I got a full plate full for that. They do have some beers. The one I tried was a wheat ale and pretty good.

• Business Travel

Bruno's: Best Italian

by Dymphna1 Updated Aug 28, 2009

I really like this restaurant. I have been following this restaurant through several moves in town. The first place they were in was an old bank that had been a bar at one time. But the basement where they had all of the groups at was haunted. At least that is what the head waiter tells me. Many people would cancel because they did not want to be down there. Then they moved way out to the west end and now right into the hot spot of the west end.

The owner used to teach chef school and this is a family business. All of the sauces are made from scratch.

Favorite Dish: I like it all.

The Rex: Wild meat

by Dymphna1 Updated Aug 28, 2009

The meat in this restaurant is a mixture of different local wild meats. Pheasant to buffalo - you can find it here.

This is in the 'historic' part of Billings across from the old Depot. When the Rex first moved in - it was a really bad neighborhood. It has been cleaned up so much! Still would not leave my car unlocked there - like I do in other parts of Billings - but it is much better!

Favorite Dish: I love buffalo! The prime rib is good also.

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Golden Corral: Stay away!

by Dymphna1 Written Apr 15, 2009

This is an all you can eat restaurant. You pay a price to get in and you can refill your plate as many times as you please.

They do not clean correctly at this restaurant! Several times we have had different types of food poisoning hit the area because of this place. I do not recommend taking your life in your hands by grazing here.

Favorite Dish: NOT!

Montana Brewing Company: Beer made on site

by Dymphna1 Written Apr 15, 2009

This place has great beer and pizza. The beer is made on site and they experiment and make new brews on a regular basis - so try something new.

Favorite Dish: I like the pizza. I have tried several different types and it is always good.

The Rex: A Restaurant With Inside or Outside Dining

by KimberlyAnn Updated Aug 1, 2008

The Rex serves fresh seafood flown in twice weekly and top quality certified angus beef, as well as pasta and chops. The Rex’s full bar and has received awards from Wine Spectator Magazine for its high quality wine list. In 1998 a Patio Bar & Grill was added, where in the warm months you may be served lunch Monday through Friday. On this Patio menu you will fine tasty sandwiches, pizzas, salads, appetizers, rotisserie chicken, and other daily specials. Prices for a dinner entree generally run from $13 - $32

Favorite Dish: Sometimes for their daily special they offer Montana-raised buffalo steaks, excellent!

Instant Answers: Billings

Comments

Billings Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Billings restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Billings sightseeing.