Bozeman Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Dymphna1
    View from the street
    by flynboxes
    Sorry no room for desert
    by flynboxes

Most Recent Restaurants in Bozeman

• endogenous's Profile Photo

Melaque Mexican Restaurant: Mexican Miesta

by endogenous Written May 14, 2006

As commented on by Oceanlover previously, I checked out this restaurant in Belgrade, MT. It is on Jackrabbit Lane, address 6220 Jackrabbit Lane, approximately 1/2 a mile off the I-90 exit of 298, or Belgrade. The boy of 8 years of age sat us, and kept our chips and cokes full. The man with a glass eye took our order and returned shortly thereafter. The Supremo Burrito was good, with much cheese and succulent chicken. This restaurant gets my approval and would be recommended to someone seeking authenticity and convenience.

• Melaque: Good Mexican Food? In Montana!

by OceanLoverUSA Written Apr 2, 2006

In nearby Belgrade, a local Montana Mexican chain has a great little outpost. It's the best Mexican I've had since I moved away from Los Angeles a couple years back. It's attached to a bar (so don't sit along the right wall if you can help it, cough cough), but the food is worth all the little quirks. Sometimes the waiters / busboys are boys of 8 or 9, the waitresses might be 10 or 11. Sometimes the guy with the glass eye is working, sometimes not.

I recommend the carne azada / burrito melaque. Also, don't miss the camarones melaque (prawns wrapped in bacon can never be wrong).

I've got a bit of a reputation as a food snob, but I just like good food whatever the flavor. You can't go wrong.

Favorite Dish: A lot of places offer carne azada, but not a lot of them manage something that tastes like grilled, spicy steak. Melaque pulls it off pretty much every time I've eaten there. I'm getting hungry just typing this.

Instant Answers: Bozeman

Comments

Bozeman Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bozeman restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bozeman sightseeing.