Bozeman Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by Dymphna1
    View from the street
    by flynboxes
    Sorry no room for desert
    by flynboxes

Best Rated Restaurants in Bozeman

Dave's Sushi: The Biggest Sushi Ever

by cpiers47 Written May 19, 2008

This is my favorite restaurant in Bozeman...and it's somewhere really high on my "World" list, too. Dave himself is often behind the counter, joined by an ever-shifting staff of college kids rolling the biggest sushi I've ever seen.

The restaurant is tiny, the atmosphere is funky and the staff are polite and super cool. It's not the sort of place to head in a hurry; it's a place to sit back and enjoy. But, they do great takeout, too.

If you head there on a Friday or Saturday night, get there early or expect to wait!

Favorite Dish: Life without the squid/seaweed combo salad would be bleak indeed. Of the rolls, I try to rotate so that I will always love all of them...the Rainbow is one of my favorites. If you're not big on sashimi, the Bayou is a great roll with spicy crawfish.

Happiness is a Sushi Restaurant. . .

Nova Cafe: Trendy

by cpiers47 Written May 20, 2008

The is a great breakfast/lunch spot with a good selection of eggs dishes, soup, salad and sandwiches. The interior is bright and there's lots of art to distract you if the service is slow. The cafe is new within the last 2 years but is a great addition to a very lively downtown. Take an hour or two to stroll the main street and walk off the omlette!

Favorite Dish: I love their sandwiches, but one look at the menu makes it clear that your choice is going to take some time!

I-Ho's Korean Grill: Out of the Way Treat

by cpiers47 Written Jan 18, 2009

This little restaurant is a no-frills place but neatly kept. The draw is the food, well-priced to be a study break for your average Montana State University student. In a town where there are few genuinely ethnic options, this is a very nice break from the steakhouses and chains.

Favorite Dish: I absolutely love the yaki soba noodles (noodles with vegetables if you're getting a combo). Definitely put the sauce over them. They're so popular that they're even sold at the Co-op downtown labeled as "I Ho's Noodles."

The Bul Go Gi Bob (tender beef) is very good as well. The combos give you a chance to try a few different things and are under $10. A meal is slightly more, but know that a combo is going to be plenty of food! I also like the Kim Chi here - it's spicy but not overly so.

I've had the sushi ... but much prefer Dave's.

the Naked Noodle: A Funky Hangout

by cpiers47 Written May 2, 2009

There are plenty of options listed on the crowded blackboards in this Bozeman staple. You order, pay, and wait for your food, which can be made to-go as well. The tables are purple, with a vintage feel. At the end, you bus your own table, and can make use of the stacks of to-go boxes.

It's definitely a college hangout and feels like a cafe. But, in a good way. The food is fun, with lots of options. The prices are fine, but not dirt cheap.

Favorite Dish: I wish I could say that I've tried everything on the menu, but I haven't even come close. The Zorba the Geek (no, not a typo) is my favorite: penne with kalamata olives, spinach, artichoke hearts and a white wine sauce.

One of the treats of the Naked Noodle is that you can add toppings to any order. I add feta and swoon over the fried spinach.

Zorba the Geek!

The Pickle barrel: Voted best sandwich in Bozeman 6 years straight

by EllenH Updated Aug 30, 2010

Two locations in Bozeman, one on college ave right across from the university, the other in the Rocking R bar downtown Bozeman. The college ave. one is the one we went to, it is built into an old house and has outdoor seating. It is extremely busy. The 1/2 of cheese steak sub that me and my husband split was still too much food, I mean the portions are HUGE. My son works here too so that makes it special to me.
    UPDATE the rocking r bar blew up in the explosion so that location is no longer available, and if you go to the university location say hi to Kyle Or Robyn. Tell them Ellen from vt sent you.

Favorite Dish: We had a BBQ cheese steak sub and it was delicious. The cold subs looked great too, full of vegetables.

18 miles to the border: Newest Mexican restaurant in Bozeman

by EllenH Written Sep 8, 2007

Obviously a family run place that just recently opened. Very fresh tasting Mexican food, not too expensive, pleasant atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: I had beef chimichanga which was excellent, my husband had chicken enchiladas that were not as good. They have a great Mexican condiment bar with red and green salsas of varying hotness.

Columbo's Pizza and pasta: Cheap local microbrews

by EllenH Written Sep 8, 2007

We wanted to drink a beer but we had our dog with us. We found this place with outdoor seating where the dog was welcome and the beer was cheap. $10 for a pitcher of Bozeman brewerys finest. The pizza was ok we did not taste anything else but it smelled great.

Favorite Dish: The microbrews.

John Bozeman's Bistro: Almost Everyday Treat

by cpiers47 Written Jun 15, 2009

The Bistro has a reputation for being upscale and expensive. It is definitely quality - but it's not as expensive as its reputation suggests. The staff are friendly and very helpful and the atmosphere is relaxed.

I would highly recommend this for a night out. Perhaps it's a small stretch the budget, but a quick glance at the menu shows that you can enjoy a nice dinner here for well under $100.

Favorite Dish: The fried calamari was fantastic - absolutely wonderful for a basic appetizer that can be only average. We loved the seared ahi salad and the Thai noodle bowl. The wine selection is also fantastic with a number of very reasonable choices.

3rd Floor: Amazing Pizza

by cpiers47 Written Jun 15, 2009

* As of June 2009, the owner - Jon - was serving pizza out of Wild Joe's Coffee House on Main Street. To my knowledge, his storefront is still open. But, call ahead to make sure this is true in the future.

This little storefront produces arguably the best pizza in Bozeman. Jon's a New Yorker who ran the pizzeria out of his apartment until he was ... (ahem)...told not to by certain officials. The pizzas are even better than the history!

Favorite Dish: Try everything. Even the basics are unique thanks to the sourdough crust. My favorite has sausage and onions...and the Greek is amazing as well.

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Burger Bob's: Burger and a beer

by Dymphna1 Updated Dec 13, 2013

There is a game on as you eat a great burger. The young people gather here and is a favorite place in Bozeman.

They are attached to the bar next door, so you can have a family atmosphere, but still get a beer for parents. The beer on tap is a local brewery called Bozone - excellent beer.

Favorite Dish: I had the steak sandwich, it was really good and the cooked it right.

• flynboxes's Profile Photo

I bit of Italy in America: Blackbird Kitchen

by flynboxes Written Mar 29, 2014

Here's a tip...want a good meal? Ask a chef. The Chefs we were working with on this trip recommended this place. They were spot on...this place has a brick oven that fires the pies at night and the bread in the morning. The staff is great and you can sit at the bar around the open kitchen or at a table in front by the windows/front door. This is not a big place but it is comfortable. Thirsty for a beer or a glass of vino....just ask and they will set you up

Favorite Dish: Anything on menu. I had some olives and a pizza which reminded me of......

Pizza like they make it in Italy.... View from the street Sorry no room for desert Where my pizza came from.....
    • Photography
    • Skiing and Boarding

• Melaque: Good Mexican Food? In Montana!

by OceanLoverUSA Written Apr 2, 2006

In nearby Belgrade, a local Montana Mexican chain has a great little outpost. It's the best Mexican I've had since I moved away from Los Angeles a couple years back. It's attached to a bar (so don't sit along the right wall if you can help it, cough cough), but the food is worth all the little quirks. Sometimes the waiters / busboys are boys of 8 or 9, the waitresses might be 10 or 11. Sometimes the guy with the glass eye is working, sometimes not.

I recommend the carne azada / burrito melaque. Also, don't miss the camarones melaque (prawns wrapped in bacon can never be wrong).

I've got a bit of a reputation as a food snob, but I just like good food whatever the flavor. You can't go wrong.

Favorite Dish: A lot of places offer carne azada, but not a lot of them manage something that tastes like grilled, spicy steak. Melaque pulls it off pretty much every time I've eaten there. I'm getting hungry just typing this.

• endogenous's Profile Photo

Melaque Mexican Restaurant: Mexican Miesta

by endogenous Written May 14, 2006

As commented on by Oceanlover previously, I checked out this restaurant in Belgrade, MT. It is on Jackrabbit Lane, address 6220 Jackrabbit Lane, approximately 1/2 a mile off the I-90 exit of 298, or Belgrade. The boy of 8 years of age sat us, and kept our chips and cokes full. The man with a glass eye took our order and returned shortly thereafter. The Supremo Burrito was good, with much cheese and succulent chicken. This restaurant gets my approval and would be recommended to someone seeking authenticity and convenience.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Montana Ale Works: Large brew house feel

by RickinDutch Written Aug 24, 2011

A friend had recommended the Montana Ale Works and we enjoyed a pleasant dinner there. A very popular spot judging by how long we waited for a table. A large menu and a vast array of both locally brewed beers and domestic and imports.
    We were pretty tired by the time we sat down after driving to/around and from yellowstone in a day so we ate lightly. Bison Burger and a glass of red wine for me. Both quite good.

Montana Ale Works Grandson loves to take close ups with my IPhone

Ted's Montana Grill: Something New

by cpiers47 Written Jun 24, 2009

This restaurant opened in 2008...and is definitely worth a stop. The steak and bison burgers have earned it a solid reputation and the dark wood and slughtly posh interior make it a bit unique for Bozeman. I would say that the Downtown has been needing a steakhouse and this seems to fit the bill. Yes, it's owned by Ted Turner, yes the prices are a little higher than some other places. But, it's not outrageous, nor is it a shrine to the TV mogul. So, enjoy.

Favorite Dish: Oh, the margeritas. Buy one. Enjoy. Repeat.

I'm a big fan of sitting outside on a nice day and watching the eclectic population of Bozeman parade by.

Also, check out the Baxter Wine Bar and the Bacchus Pub - they share a common entry and lobby. La Chatelaine Chocolaterie has a stand there during the day. That's also worth a stop - but the store has (ahem, will have) its own tip here.

Instant Answers: Bozeman

Comments

Bozeman Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bozeman restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bozeman sightseeing.