Great Falls Favorites

Home I Built

Most Recent Favorites in Great Falls

My Reason For Living In Great Falls

Minuteman Missile

Favorite thing: The United States Air Force. Specifically, the Minuteman Missile. These complexes were located in a 500 mile range of Great Falls (furtherest Eastern site to the furtherest Western site).

Fondest memory: A launch control facility controlled 10 missile complexes. I had the responsibility for visiting all of these on a periodic basis. My favorite memory is the soup that was always simmering on the fire waiting for you on a cold, brisk day.

City Park

Favorite thing: This city part alongside the Missouri River is serene and peaceful. However, the memory it has best for me is in the winter. The shallow duck pond would freeze over and it was transformed into a magical, winterland ice skating rink.

Fondest memory: Watching my daughter play in this park. A great place to bring your family, summer or winter, and decompress.

• LS451's Profile Photo

Great Falls is an isolated...

by LS451 Updated Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Great Falls is an isolated city (by Montana standards) serving the North Central Montana area. It's located on the juction of the Sun and Missouri Rivers, just above the falls of the Missouri River. The greatest interests in the area are the geographic items of the falls, and the Sun River valley. Also the region has a number of famous and interesting Buttes. In town is the River's Edge Trail, 15 miles or so of great vista's on the Missouri, as well as the Lewis and Clark interpretive center and Giant Springs. This region has a number of remote and obscure historical features, the Ulm Pishkin, the Little Belt Mountains, ski resorts, Blue Ribbon Trout Fishing, small and large game hunting. The 'front range' has famous dinosaur digs, and a number of exquisite lakes, and camping opportunities. It's an area that takes time, and sturdy disposition to explore and recreate in as it's not at all developed into a tourist meca 'a la' Black Hills etc.

by bdbrewer Updated Sep 5, 2002

Meadowlark School

Favorite thing: This is the school my daughter attended when we lived there. It was approximately one mile from our home.

Fondest memory: Watching my daughter build snow forts

The Home I Built When I lived There

Home I Built

Favorite thing: Visiting a home I had built when I lived there. It is in a great neighborhood and still looked great. It's almost 20 years old now.

Fondest memory: Watching my daughter grow up when I lived there

Instant Answers: Great Falls

Comments

Great Falls Favorites

Reviews and photos of Great Falls favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Great Falls sightseeing.