Great Falls Restaurants

Bert and Ernies
    by PinkFloydActuary

Best Rated Restaurants in Great Falls

• Burlyhiker's Profile Photo

Five Loaves Coffeehouse and Bakery: Best Coffee & Scones in Great Falls!

by Burlyhiker Updated Feb 20, 2009

Small coffeehouse and bakery on 2nd Ave N. A favorite of locals, either picking up coffee and baked goods, or staying awhile to visit with friends. One table had a group of ladies drinking coffee, knitting, and chatting about the week's events.

Scones are excellent and rival anything I have tasted in cities around the world. On Saturday mornings they also serve biscuits and sausage gravy, a personal favorite. It was fantastic, biscuits were soft and flakey while the gravy had the right amount of sausage and spices.

Coffee is robust but not bitter, brewed just right. You have several choices of course. Have the barista make your favorite coffee drink if you like.

Pastries are to die for. My only regret is that I do not live close enough to sample all of them. I only get to Great Falls a couple of times each year. But I make sure to stop in at Five Loaves each day I am in Great Falls.

• Business Travel

• shahidrwdyo's Profile Photo

Please no more Tacos and Burgers

by shahidrwdyo Updated Mar 28, 2007

Well here is the food choice of Great Falls, well there is a few good resturaunts but nothing to rave about, so this is the land of Tacos and fast food. The moment you see a new resturaunt being built up, dont hold your breath, the same restuant is already there but on the other side of town. How many KFC's and TAco treats do you need? Nothing is open past 9pm if you are trying to eat somewhat healthy, If a meal doesnt envolve Steak/ Potatoes or a Burger, its not worth going to. well here is even the sadder part even there food prefence is not that great. majority of people here are so sprung on this "Cowboy" Image, by far this is the most unculutred place i have ever seen. Even the grovery stores have a hard time carring any ethnic food.

One resturant that i do like is The Breaks, has a nice atmoshere, only if people didnt ware cowboy hats and sweat pants to the resturaunt they would ahve a nice aumbiance.

Favorite Dish: The salmon crepes are amazing!

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Bert and Ernies: OK food

by PinkFloydActuary Written Oct 19, 2008
    Bert and Ernies

After a few stops and starts at other area restaurants that weren't what I was after, I settled on B&E. I would liken this place to a nicer Fridays or Applebees. They had a bar area, and a good sized menu with sandwiches and entrees. They also had live music the night I was there, and the singer was decent. After debating a little, I went with a fried fish platter. A couple of pieces of fish and some fries. I also had a side salad. The food came very quickly (almost too quickly to the point of wondering if there was something just being heated up?), but it tasted OK. The salad was OK. The beer was OK. Overall, all I can say was it was OK. Service was very good - I was seated quickly, my food arrived quickly, and the bill came and went quickly. It wasn't terribly busy the night I was there.

So, the reason I say this was all simply OK was that my bill for the fish and a beer after tip was about $25. This was not a $25 meal. It wasn't bad, just badly overpriced. I wish I would have gone with a burger (they were in the $10 range.) I recommend it, but stick to the sandwich/burger portion of the menu - they looked much more appropriately priced :)

Instant Answers: Great Falls

Comments

Great Falls Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Great Falls restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Great Falls sightseeing.