Helena Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Helena

• Blue Skies and Mountains

by truemtnative Written May 22, 2003

Favorite thing: In my opinion, the most important activity in Helena would be anything in the Great Outdoors! For most of us who live here we don't realize how lucky we are to be able to see blue skies and mountains surrounding us until you go elsewhere and realize that it's not like this everywhere. Being able to drive a few minutes and be in the woods or at the lake is a wonderful part of living in Montana!

• Helena has so many things to...

by Sammi59601 Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Helena has so many things to offer the tourist! You can go only a few miles out of town for water-skiiing, snowskiing, boating, hiking, camping, etc., in some of the most beautiful country in the world! We have a cultural community of many artists, museums, historical landmarks, and so much more! Built along Helena's historic 'Last Chance Gulch', Helena evolved from the gold-mining days, and therefore has many of the original 'crooked, winding streets'. We are a beautiful little city set against the side of the Rocky Mountain front, and you have plenty to see in Helena and the Big Sky Country of Montana!

• jogee43's Profile Photo

You must visit the Montana...

by jogee43 Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: You must visit the Montana State Historical Society which has quite a nice collection of Charlie Russell's work in it.
    We have a very lovely state capitol building as well.

Fondest memory: Since I've only lived here for 3 months, I don't have too many 'memories'. However, my first visit to Helena was in 1961 when it was still sort of 'rough and wild' and I really enjoyed tramping around the hills on the edge of town in my roommate's Jeep and trying to vicariously experience the feeling of the 'old days' in Helena's gold-mining history.
    We live on the south hills of Helena and I absolutely love the views from there, especially at night.

Instant Answers: Helena

Comments

Helena Favorites

Reviews and photos of Helena favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Helena sightseeing.