Kootenai Falls Travel Guide

upper section of the falls
  • Things to Do
    by Camping_Girl
  • you climb a flight of stairs to reach bridge
    you climb a flight of stairs to reach...

Kootenai Falls Things to Do

by Camping_Girl Written Oct 7, 2007

This certainly wouldn't be my choice of things to do, but there were several kayakers at the falls when we were there. We enjoyed watching them for a few minutes. I held my breath every time one of them paddled into the falls - I was so afraid one of them was going to drown!

• Study Abroad
    • Kayaking
    • Singles

by Camping_Girl Written Oct 7, 2007

As we continued with our hike, we could hear water running, and we realized that the real falls were still to be viewed. When we reached the falls, as I have already stated, they were not of the 200 foot variety, but they were nevertheless quite picturesque.

There are a lot of flat rocks along the shore that you can walk out on, to get closer to the falls. I would imagine in the spring the water is rushing over these rocks as well.

• Hiking and Walking
    • School Holidays

by Camping_Girl Written Oct 7, 2007

As we were hiking from the bridge to the falls, we came across a small set of waterfalls, and we thought that was "the" falls. We were a little disappointed, and said "We walked here to see that?" haha. Little did we know that the "real" falls were just a little further along.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Kootenai Falls

Comments

Kootenai Falls Travel Guide
Map of Kootenai Falls