Laurel Travel Guide

Sign out front.
    Looking like John Wayne
    by Dymphna1
  • My son teaching his wife who is left eyed to shoot
    My son teaching his wife who is left...

Laurel Things to Do

Looking like John Wayne 3 more images

by Dymphna1 Updated Oct 29, 2010

There are areas to go target shooting as well as hunting. Here is a day we spent at the range. To join the Rod and Gun club in Laurel is $35 per year.

Laurel Hotels

Laurel Restaurants

by Dymphna1 Written May 16, 2013

This place has just moved into the current location and has upgraded both the atmosphere and menu. It is now comfortable to go in. Hopefully in the future there will be a patio also, but they need to put up a fence first.

The pizza is a high grade pizza, so much more than the grease you get in a Pizza Hut. Then there are several other dinner items. They actually have one of the better chefs in the area in my opinion.

Favorite Dish: I really like the garlic chicken pizza.

by Dymphna1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

The owner of the restaurant has developed Nine Fingers Mustard - it is really good. They use in in a number of items on the menu.

I also like it that the restaurant is sectioned off. There is an area where you can have dinner with children and it is not a bar area. There is a bar area with the TV that is usually on and an area to blow darts. And then there is a casino area.

Favorite Dish: Taco Pizza

by Dymphna1 Written Sep 29, 2009

Donna's husband is actually the mastermind behind this restaurant. The food is well crafted as well as good. I have not had a meal there I don't like. On the other side of the restaurant is a bar and a bowling alley. So you can make a night out of it here. Once and a while they do have a band.

Laurel Nightlife

moose 2 more images

by Dymphna1 Written Sep 29, 2009

The art work is primarily done by late the noted cowboy artist Ron Rains. Met him here many years ago. He had been drinking and I was delivering a local newspaper. He asked me when I was going to interview him and I asked who he was. It was a bit of a knock to his ego. When he told me I came back the next day with pad, pen and camera. The interview went well. I remember him telling me that one of the smaller pieces was worth about 250k. But he died a few years ago and the new art is missed.

I also love the old bar. The wood work could not be captured on film correctly, bars are hard to get pictures in. It has the big mirror on the back wall.

This is a cowboy bar. They have a band most Friday and Saturday nights. It is also not too expensive. There is also a small casino area for those who want to donate coins.

Laurel Shopping

by Dymphna1 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Ok, you might not be in the market for one - but this dealership is one of the leading sellers of Corvettes in the country. People fly in and buy the Corvette here. Being that we don't have a sales tax, it is a real plus.

What to buy: Corvettes

What to pay: $50k - $70k

Instant Answers: Laurel

Comments

Laurel Travel Guide
Map of Laurel