Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument Restaurants

The Hardin Historical Museum & Gift Shop
    Street view of Montana sidewalk seating

Best Rated Restaurants in Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Wendy's & Mcdonalds: Eating on the Run!

by Bwana_Brown Updated Aug 21, 2010

Our Wendy's meal at Hardin, Montana

We left Regina, Saskatchewan in mid-afternoon to start our long drive to the first accommodations in Glendive, Montana. We were quite hungry by the time we reached Stuart, MT so stopped to order a couple of Mcdonald's chicken salad plates. Sue enjoyed her meal as we drove, but I ate only a part of mine in the parking lot so we could continue onward to Glendive, where I finished it off in our motel room with a glass of red wine. We had a lot of ground to cover on our first two days, so were using fast food restaurants and bottles of water to help speed things along.

Favorite Dish: The next morning, the continental breakfast of a glass of juice and an apple at our first accommodations did not last us long. As a result, we soon turned off Interstate Highway I-94 into prosperous looking Miles City. It did not take us long to fuel the car and also grab two takeaway meals at a Wendy's fast food restaurant. For $11.50 we ordered a Baja Salad (lettuce, cheese & avocado) with a nice bowl of Chili along with an Apple Walnut Chicken Salad for Sue.

These views were taken two and a half hours later after we had turned south to Hardin on I-90, not far from the Little Bighourn Battlefield Monument. This little community had a nice tourist museum with outdoor picnic tables where we enjoyed the shade and a refreshing breeze while we ate our Wendy's meals. The second photo shows the Hardin museum, gift and information store where we also picked up lots of interesting literature on the Little Bighorn Monument we were about to tour.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Montana Brewing Co. & Hooligan's: A nice sidewalk eating spot

by Bwana_Brown Updated Aug 25, 2010

Street view of Montana sidewalk seating

By the time we had finished our tour of the Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, driven further west to Billings, Montana and then checked into our second motel, we were feeling both hungry and thirsty. Fortunately, downtown Billings looked very interesting, the sun was shining and a nice breeze was blowing as we set out on a stroll to see what we could find nearby. It was not long before the Montana Brewing Company caught our attention with its bustling crowd. The inside seating area was loud and we wanted to be outdoors anyway, so quickly grabbed one of the few remaining sidewalk tables.

Favorite Dish: I ordered their Low Carb Plate ($8.25) of Italian seasoned chicken breast with a low carb salad and cottage cheese while Sue tried to be more adventurous with a Steamed Artichoke Vegetable Platter ($7) consisting of a full artichoke and fresh vegetables served with a roasted pepper Aioli sauce. My first cold Sandbaggers Gold ale went down quite quickly, so I finished the meal with a glass of Custer's Last Stout while Sue sipped on a glass of sauvignon blanc wine.

Service was quick and friendly and my dish was quite enjoyable. Unfortunately, Sue's artichoke was so tough it was impossible to eat any portion of it. We both tried but it was so tough and stringy that you would choke if trying to swallow. The server took it all in stride and removed it from our bill, while Sue and I shared my meal as we took in the busy surroundings. The final bill came to $26 including a tip and, despite the little setback, we enjoyed our time taking in the downtown activity.

Instant Answers: Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument

Comments

Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument sightseeing.

View all Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument hotels