Missoula Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by lalamaus

Best Rated Restaurants in Missoula

• Aicila65's Profile Photo

UPTOWN DINER: OLD TIME 50'S DINER!

by Aicila65 Written May 26, 2006

This is an amazing restaurant! It has the old time decorations! It also has booths and the old 50's diner stools..the waitresses are wonderfull! They try to please you on all accounts! There Milkshakes are amazing! Also they have great Burgers of course...oh and there chili is delicious! Well if you get a change go there!! Its located on Higgins..a block away from Macys..which used to be Bon Marche!

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is probably either the Chilli or there Burgers its all good! My all time fav is there Monte Cristo! Its sooo good!!

• lizilex's Profile Photo

Knucklehead's BBQ: More than just BBQ

by lizilex Updated Aug 28, 2005

Knucklehead's BBQ, Missoula

I have to admit that when I saw that our free breakfasts from the adjacent motel were to come from a place called “Knucklehead's BBQ” I was not optimistic. (I’ve seen way too many genuine knuckleheads in way too many restaurants and, as a vegetarian, I’m not into BBQ, to put it mildly.) However, I was very happily surprised with this restaurant.

The service was friendly and reasonably competent and quick. The clientele was a good mix of regulars and guests from the motel and the menu was much more diverse than the name would lead you to believe.

Although we ate only breakfast here, I did check out the lunch and dinner menus, which offer Tex-Mex items (chiles rellenos, huevos rancheros, quesadillas, etc.) as well as BBQ. Southern influences included grits and biscuits and sausage gravy. Surprisingly, there were several vegetarian options, clearly marked as such.

My husband had pancakes. I ordered the huevos rancheros (also available at lunch). They were humongous -- definitely enough for two people to split. Lots of fresh tomatoes, fresh green peppers and red onions in the nicely piquant sauce.

Prices were extremely reasonable.

Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Epicurean Bistro: Authentic Mediterranean and Indian food!

by rob_vand Updated Apr 4, 2011

Outside the restaurant

This restaurant is as good as any in the big metro areas of the US. It serves a wide variety of authentic dishes from the middle east, India, Greece, Italy, France, Spain. They use high quality meats and vegetables. The desserts, gelatos and sorbets are made in house and are delicious. There is a nice selection of international beer and wines. Great, comfortable atmosphere inside but a bit difficult of a location to find.

Favorite Dish: The curries because they are extremely authentic and delicious.

• Business Travel
    • National/State Park

• Sushi Hana: Sushi o tabetai!

by dingofoxx Written Mar 17, 2003

Tired of the same old steak? Want something more fullfilling than everyday burgers? Want to learn about another culture while enjoying delicious food? Then Sushi Hana is the perfect resturant for you!

With two locations, one on Higgins St. the other off North Reserve, sushi is always within reach. Sushi Hana offers a wide variety of sushi delicacies, and an awsome atmosphere. They are open for lunch and dinner, and have many lunch combos and specials. Your tour of Missoula atmosphere would not be complete with out a stop at Sushi Hana!

Favorite Dish: mmmmm, I drool just thinking of it....

I love the California rolls, Ebi, salmon roe, various maki, miso soup.... I could go on and on...

• bdbrewer's Profile Photo

Shadows Keep (Outside): A Terrible Wind and Rain Storm Blew Through

by bdbrewer Written Sep 4, 2002

The view from the restaurant is fantastic! You can see over the Bitterroot Valley. A very quick moving rain and wind storm arrived just as we arrived. The wind and rain was beating on the windows like the windshield in a carwash. It was soon over and we emerged to a fresh new world.

• Romeos Italain Kitchen: Best lasagna I've ever had!!

by johnnnybb Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Best food in town!!

this place rocks!!! Some of our entrees were more "americanized Italain" and some were very traditional Italian. but all were very good, I highly recomend this place. The staff seems to enjoy having you there. some places the staff treat you like your just more work for them. Not romeos. The lasagna was the best I've ever had, but we went back the next night and they were sold out. The staff says as soon as it comes out of the oven it sells out. I did have one problem, You have to bring your own wine!!

Favorite Dish: Lasagna definitley!! Fresh baked but they sell out I recomend getting there early in the evening.

• lizilex's Profile Photo

The Mustard Seed Asian Cafe: Don't be put off by the mall location...

by lizilex Updated Mar 19, 2005

This is seriously good food, contemporary Asian. The Mustard Seed has been a Missoula institution since the 1970's. The current location is a large, attractive room, predictably decorated in an Asian style.

The food is excellent. We had Asian tacos with curry chicken, coconut curry with noodles, and Thai Caesar salad.

Most of the entrees can have tofu substituted for the meat, so there are multiple vegetarian and vegan options.

Beer and wine are available. Handicapped accessible. Credit cards accepted.

On the interior (mall side) there is a fast food version of the restaurant called Noodle Express. I'm sure it's fine if you're in a hurry, but if you have the time, eat in the restaurant. It's *much* nicer.

There are additional locations in Billings, Montana, and Spokane, Washington.

• Old Post: Suprisingly GREAT food!

by omdtaylor Written Jan 18, 2008

This place got a remodel, and BAM!- great place to hang out. No longer smoking, and the food is AWESOME! Great selection of beers, liquor and wines as well. Sometimes they have music, more often in the summer (plus a great deck!). I just love going there because the food is original, and good. I am always suggesting this place to people and am always getting great reviews back! I've lived here 8 years and have had my share of going out for food (not a real good cook), and this is totally one of my favorites for a good price!

Favorite Dish: Spinach chicken salad. . . something like that- but EVERYTHING I have tried has been awesome- good ingredients, and there must be some good cooks back there too!

• lalamaus's Profile Photo

Hoagieville: If you love cheese, you've found a slice of heaven

by lalamaus Written Feb 12, 2004

I am lucky enough to visit Missoula with a friend who lived there for some time, so he knows all of the great little places not usually visible to tourists. His favorite place to grab a bite to eat, hands down, is Hoagieville. They offer an assortment of very cheesy hoagies, served fresh and warm. They also offer french fries smothered in cheese. A heartattack waiting to happen? I'll let you decide!

There are 3 Hoagieville restaurants which stand alone in Missoula, and offer drive up service (where you are served in your car) and one located at the Mall.

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Missoula

Comments

Missoula Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Missoula restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Missoula sightseeing.