West Yellowstone Off The Beaten Path

• Oxbow Bend Turnout, Grand Teton National Park
    Oxbow Bend Turnout, Grand Teton National...
    Teton Glacier Turnout
  • Jackson Point Overlook, Teton National Park
    Jackson Point Overlook, Teton National...

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in West Yellowstone

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Grand Teton National Park

by KimberlyAnn Updated Dec 30, 2010
    Jackson Point Overlook, Teton National Park

If you can, fit in a visit to Grand Teton National Park, even if it is just a day to drive the park road. Located outside the South Entrance to Yellowstone National Park, this park offers spectacular mountain scenery of one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the country. The peaks in the Teton Range stand a sheer 7,000 feet above the valley floor. In my opinion, this park offers the best view of mountains in the entire Rocky Mountain range, if not in the entire country. They just suddenly rise up above the Snake River, Jenny Lake, and the grassy meadows. Outside of Grand Teton Park is Jackson, Wyoming, and a hot tourist destination. The town is geared for the tourist, with lots of bars and shops just waiting to help you have a good time. You can also get float trips on the Snake River, which I did years ago. These trips offer some nice views of the mountains and the possibility of seeing wildlife along the river.

For detailed information on Grand Teton National Park, visit my VT pages,
    Enjoy the Beauty of Grand Teton National Park.

My second photo is of the Oxbow Bend Turnout along highway 191 in Grand Teton. My third photo is of the Teton Glacier Turnout along the main park road.

• National/State Park

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Idaho

by grandmaR Updated Sep 11, 2010

Our rental car license plate

As far as I can remember, I have never been to the state of Idaho. So I wanted to make a little jaunt over there, just so I could say that I had been. From our hotel it would only have been about 9 miles down US 20 to the state line. Our rental car had an Idaho license.

Some of Yellowstone National Park is in Idaho, but it is the southeast corner and not accessible by road from inside the park.

But in the end, I didn't go - no time and no energy

• National/State Park

Instant Answers: West Yellowstone

Comments

West Yellowstone Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of West Yellowstone off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Yellowstone sightseeing.

View all West Yellowstone hotels