West Yellowstone Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in West Yellowstone

• Dymphna1's Profile Photo

Branch: Skip!

by Dymphna1 Written Jun 17, 2014

This is located in the Holiday Inn. The kitchen is very slow. The breakfast bar is poor at best. One of the meals was missing the bacon. Another had cold hash browns and when I ordered my eggs al lacart, they cam on a plate that was so small I thought it would slop all over.

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo

Buckaroo Bill’s BBQ Grill and Ice Cream Parlor: Eat Outside, or In

by KimberlyAnn Updated Nov 16, 2010

Buckaroo Bill’s is the only West Yellowstone restaurant that I have eaten in. It is a casual restaurant, and on nice days you have the option of eating outside. They have a good variety of items on the menu, such as BBQ pork ribs, BBQ chicken, beef steaks, buffalo steaks, and elk. The restaurant also has what they call a Buckaroo Bill’s Grub Menu of Buckaroo Bill Bill’s Favorites. This menu carries many different types of burgers, such as buffalo, beef, and elk. They also have BBQ chicken and beef on a bun, hot dogs, one pizza choice, and one corn taco choice, along with salads, and soup of the day. It was lunch time, and I didn’t want a huge meal, so I ordered an elk burger, and my husband had a buffalo burger. These normally come with fries, but we both had onion rings instead. The onion rings were fairly good, but when I saw the fries, I wondered if I should have stayed with those. The fries looked great. Neither of us tried the barbeque items, although they sure smelled good. If you decide to top off your lunch or dinner with ice cream, the scoops are huge, so I would recommend just having one scoop.

The restaurant also has a children’s menu for ages 10 and younger. This short menu includes hotdogs, hamburgers, grilled cheese sandwiches, tacos, chicken strips, and corn dogs.

My other three photos show the outside dining area where we ate, my plate with an elk burger and onion rings, and Buckaroo Bill’s sign.

Favorite Dish: We ate lunch here, and although buffalo burgers are my favorite, I wanted to try something different, so I chose an elk burger, and found it quite tasty.

Buckaroo Bill's The Outside Dining Area My Lunch Look For This Sign

Best Western: Breakfast

by grandmaR Written Sep 10, 2010

I try to stay at places that give you some kind of free breakfast as part of the deal because breakfast is ridiculously expensive.

Favorite Dish: There were hot breakfast biscuits, cold cereal, and various pastries and beverages.

Breakfast buffet

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Smoke Jumpers Cafe: Brunch?

by grandmaR Updated Sep 10, 2010

Our plane was to board at 11:10 and get to SLC after 1300, and they would not give us anything except peanuts, so I thought maybe we should get lunch. There was a little place there called the Smoke Jumpers Cafe

Favorite Dish: The man there said he was still doing breakfast, but he could do mozzarella sticks or hamburger. So I had a hamburger. We just barely finished when they started boarding the flight.

Smoke Jumper's Cafe grandson looking at a map Photo in the cafe

KFC: Drive Through

by grandmaR Updated Sep 10, 2010

When we came out of the park after two days without computer access, we dumped our stuff in our room. I wanted to get something for lunch where I didn't have to get out of the car. So we went through the KFC drive-through and got some mac and cheese (comfort food).

Favorite Dish: I considered other fast food possibilities which are

Arby's, 138 Firehole Ave, West Yellowstone (406) 646-7101‎
    Dairy Queen, 40 N Canyon St, West Yellowstone (406) 646-4132‎
    Subway, 136 Canyon St, West Yellowstone (406) 646-4106‎
    Mc Donald's, 100 South Canyon Street, West Yellowstone, MT‎ - (406) 646-4592‎

But none of them seemed to have an accessible drive through.

KFC's Colonel

Old Town Cafe: Parking

by grandmaR Updated Sep 10, 2010

We were really involved editing our photos, but finally about 7:30 I decided that we should go to dinner. I drove around the restaurant area and finally said - the next parking place I see, we will eat near there. And I found a parking place in front of the playhouse and the Old Town Cafe was across the street. This was the only place not on the map the motel gave us and not mentioned in the AAA book.

Favorite Dish: In spite of the lack of recommendations, the food was good. I had the soup and salad bar and huckleberry ice cream. He also had the salad bar and a giant chicken fried steak. I ate some of his green beans which he didn't have room for.

I found that my credit card dropped out of my pocket when I left, and they locked it in the safe and kept it for me. I retrieved it on Sunday morning (they were open).

Restaurant from across the street My salad bar Huckleberry Ice cream Inside another take on the salad bar

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

OREGON SHORT LINE RESTAURANT: WEST YELLOWSTONE FINE DINING

by travelgourmet Updated Nov 17, 2009

This is the fun part of the Holiday Inn. The Oregon Short Line Railroad brought guests to West Yellowstone on as direct a route possible from Oregon to Wyoming, therefore the "Short Line" name. The restaurant used the name due to the fact that right outside of the restaurants windows sits a 1903 rail car from the Oregon Short Line.

The ambiance is western themed with the rail car as the focal point. This warm atmosphere makes ordering a nice bottle of wine a pleasure. The food is nothing out of the ordinary, unless you find buffalo meat one of the rare pleasures of the palate. American food is the main dishes offered.

Favorite Dish: I mentioned buffalo as one of the meats offered and so I ordered a Buffalo New York Steak. It was not up to the tender standards I enjoy with other types of meat and do not suggest ordering this offering. The Buffalo Chili was another thing entirely with the succulent meat enriching the flavor of the chili. This is a keeper. I spoke with the chef and he said that buffalo steak is a hit and miss dish with being on the tough side with many of the cuts. He claims that hamburgers, chili, and stews are a better use of the buffalo due to either being ground or pot cooked . Hmmmm.

ENTRY TO OREGON SHORT LINE RESTAURANT STREET VIEW OF OREGON SHORT LINE RESTAURANT BUFFALO STEAK LOOKS GOOD...BUT

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Tubby's Bakery.: Lovely breakfast.

by pfsmalo Written Nov 14, 2009

Stopped in twice for breakfast here and at 7 in the morning it's nice to get a warm welcome. So much in the way of cakes and tarts, with the nice bakery smell wafting up your nose, it's hard to make a choice. The salesperson went out of his way to help my wife make a choice of tea, as there is quite a choice as well.

Favorite Dish: The delicious cinnamon cakes.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

OUTPOST RESTAURANT: DOWN HOME CAFE

by travelgourmet Updated Mar 16, 2009

Walking around West Yellowstone can make one hungry. I spotted this quaint diner, and once inside I was met with the relics of yesteryear. Great little memories on the walls, shelves, and scattered around the entire restaurant. I guess you could say it reminded me of a 50's cafe. Real touristy, but that's what most of the patrons seemed to be, and they seemed to be enjoying themselves, as well.

The menu has a little something for everyone and them some things you don't see in that many restaurants. Buffalo burgers and wild huckleberry ice cream sundaes are a couple of the out of the ordinary dishes. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner served here. Pure Americana.

Favorite Dish: Up in Yellowstone country and buffalo comes to mind. The ones that say America. The living, huge, beautiful buffalo. It is also a very much in demand meat. Sorry vegans, but this was the staple of the people of the land long before I tried it. And try it I did.

I found out that the buffalo that roam Yellowstone are not used but the meat comes from culled buffalo ranches. Try a buffalo burger that I found to be very tasty or the buffalo meatloaf at the Outpost Restaurant. Delicious.

DOWN HOME CAFE DELICIOUS BUFFALO MEATLOAF

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Wild West Pizzeria: Pizza Time

by PinkFloydActuary Written Apr 19, 2008

An interesting place - a small restaurant tied to an area for take out. You order at the counter and they'll bring you your pizza, but this is not a table service restaurant. There's no liquor served here, but you can go to the bar next door and order a beer and bring it back over to the restaurant. The pizza itself was quite good. Loaded with toppings and comes to your table quickly. It ran me under $10 for the pizza, and I was pretty full when I finished it. A nice meal!

Don't sit near the door in the fall though - you get a nice blast of cold air every time someone comes in!

Wild West Pizzeria

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Beartooth Barbeque: Great Texas Barbeque

by BLewJay Updated Jun 20, 2006

If you are looking for a taste of Texas in the state of Montana, then this is the place to go. The meat is slow-roasted ovenight and it melts in your mouth once you bite into the tender morsels.

Favorite Dish: LJ selected the Beartooth Salad (lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, olives, hot peppers, onions, croutons topped with ranch dressing) while I had the Two-Meat Meal (pulled pork, smoked sausage, baked beans, french fries and Texas toast). For drinks, LJ had a glass of Cline Red Truck Wine while I had the Wapiti Wheat Hefeweisen.

• Beer Tasting

• DAVIDGLOVER867's Profile Photo

Timberline cafe: Good Home Cooking

by DAVIDGLOVER867 Written May 7, 2005

When travelling in the USA I easily get bored with the menus. The theme of the Timberline appears to be 'freshly-made'. We ate at this restaurant about 6 times in three days . We did not get bored!!!!

Favorite Dish: All of them

The Timberline

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Timberline Cafe: Everything is made from scratch

by BLewJay Updated Oct 9, 2004

Located on one of the main streets in town, the Timberline Cafe came highly recommended by the hotel staff. Walking inside of the restaurant gives you a "down home" feeling...kind of like eating dinner at mom's place. As mentioned in the title, most everything is made from scratch, so you know that it has to be good.

Favorite Dish: I originally wanted the Buffalo Meatloaf, but due to the time of day, they had run out. So I chose the Chicken Fried Steak (beef tenderlion pounded flat then coated with breading and deep fried...with corn on the cob, gravy and whipped potatoes) while LJ had the special of the day...Chicken Parmesean with Angelhair pasta (tender chicken breast, corn on the cob, tomato sauce and parmesan cheese). The meal came with soup or salad and homemade rolls with butter.

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Smoke Jumper Cafe: Snack Lunch

by DEBBBEDB Updated Jul 21, 2010

In the summer this airport is on that is used by smoke jumpers fighting forest fires. The restaurant is only open in the summer.

Favorite Dish: fried mozzeralla sticks

My mozzerlla sticks lunch Wine bottles on the side radio on one of the side tables Decorations in the restaurant Part of the decor
    • Adventure Travel
    • Business Travel

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Old Town Cafe: Buffet and Chicken Fried Steak

by DEBBBEDB Written Jul 21, 2010

We went here for dinner

Favorite Dish: I had the buffet for salad and a chicken fried steak which was so big I couldn't eat it all.

Chicken Fried Steak and gravy $15.95 Part of the menu Sign out front Going in the door My salad bar

Instant Answers: West Yellowstone

Comments

West Yellowstone Restaurants

Reviews and photos of West Yellowstone restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for West Yellowstone sightseeing.

View all West Yellowstone hotels