Decatur Travel Guide

Decatur Restaurants

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

by cochinjew Written Oct 20, 2007

Even in isolated places there are cafes and restaurants catering to the locals. I decided to stop by for a bite to eat, since the nearest "food" was 90 miles to the south in Omaha. I was surprised when the lady at the restaurant greeted me saying: i have not seen you for a while. I remembered that a year or two ago, I had gone there to have lunch with my colleagues from the UmonHon Tribal Health Clinic.
    The friendly lady continued: Before you open your mouth, Let me tell you something, there is nothing healthy to eat here, everything is fatty and greasy. The food was true to her predictions

Favorite Dish: What I loved most was the feeling that you had entered another era. the decoration is purely 1950s americana, the people who were eating there could be extras in some movie. i really enjoyed this nostalgic ambience and the lady owner was very friendly.
    she suggested that i eat the fish of the day, which was fresh river fish unfortunately breaded to depths, beans which i did not touch since they were out of a can, potato, and some relishes. white bread with butter toasted, which was there fo decoration, i suppose but not to consume. coffee came with powdered milk and white sugar.
    despite all the friendliness of the hostess, i can understand that eating "food" like that is to invite death into your house.
    by the way the lunch special including fish,, relishes, potato, coffee, a chocolate pudding not worthy of your palate was just five dollars, slightly over 3 euros..cheaper than eating in India!

Instant Answers: Decatur

Comments

Decatur Travel Guide
Map of Decatur