Kearney Restaurants

Pane Bello: Trendy and healthy lunch or light dinner spot

by llprice Updated Apr 4, 2011

Pane Bello

Similar to Panera chain.

Diners can choose fresh fruit, or fresh baked rolls, pastries, scones. They server better coffee, soft drinks, or wine; plump, hot, slices of pizza, large mugs of soup, a selection of salads, sandwiches, pasta, or a combination plate; all at reasonable prices.

North side of town on 2nd Ave. (about two miles north on exit 272). Across the street from the Hilltop Mall and near Target. The independently owned resturant offers WiFi and high-speed internet connections without a messy signup process. Opens earlier than some other spots, serving breakfast, lunch, and supper.

No smoking :-)

Favorite Dish: I usually get a combo meal with a pita "sandwich" and a salad.

• Birdwatching

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Red Lobster: Great Seafood

by Basaic Written Sep 13, 2013

Red Lobster

$22 as of August 2013 I am a big seafood fan; so I normally am very happy to see a Red Lobster near my motel. This was a good one and my waitress, Becca, was great. Hours are 11 AM to 10 PM Sunday through Thursday and 11 AM to 11 PM Friday and Saturday.

Favorite Dish: I had the Admirals Feast; which was quite good. Love their biscuits too.

THE EGG AND I: BREAKFAST OR LUNCH

by Rich62 Updated May 27, 2012
    EAT HERE

This nice breakfast/lunch place opened in November 2009 and has been doing well ever since. We enjoy Egg & I restaurants when we travel, but now we have one in our own home town! The first one is still going strong in Fort Collins, Colorado. Another popular one is in Estes Park, Colorado.

The service is excellent. For example, my wife and I like to stop after church on Sunday mornings and have eggs Benedict, but we just want to split one order. In some restaurants they can't figure out that a second plate would be nice. In other restaurants you get a second plate but you have to divide the food up. At the Egg & I, that is all done for you in the kitchen, you just enjoy your food.

They close at 2 p.m. so its only breakfast and lunch.

Favorite Dish: They have a great tuna sandwich, but everything is good. Their eggs Benedict selections are awesome.

• Rich62's Profile Photo

THE PETERSON SENIOR ACTIVITY CENTER: LUNCH FOR $3.50? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

by Rich62 Updated May 13, 2011
    LUNCH, ANYONE?

OK you do have to be a little "older" for this. But if you are, say, 50 or more, give it a try. The food is just fine, a different menu for each day, but its all good. If you are 60 or older, your suggested contribution is $3.50 per meal. If under 60, its $5.00, still a bargain.

And the surroundings are great. Its a sparkling new (in 2010) facility in a beautiful new park, right by a lake. See my photos please.

Favorite Dish: BBQ ribs, or ham rollups, I can't decide. Its a complete meal, with veggies, a roll, and self-serve beverege such as cappacino, coffee, juice, milk etc.

• Women's Travel

• Rich62's Profile Photo

DONUT: THE PLACE TO HAVE A DONUT!

by Rich62 Written Jul 29, 2006
    HAVE A DONUT!

WE STOPPED THERE THIS MORNING FOR A COUPLE OF DONUTS. The eating area was spotlessly clean and very nice looking. The donuts were very tasty.

Favorite Dish: I had a lemon-filled donut and my wife had a raspberry filled. Our bill came to $1.61 with tax. (We didn't have anything to drink.) Of course they have all kinds of donuts plus coffee, cappuccinos, and so on.

• Rich62's Profile Photo

DAIRY QUEEN: ICE CREAM! HAMBURGERS!

by Rich62 Updated Jan 27, 2006
    DQ

Its good, real good. Especially on a hot summer day.

The second photo shows how the DQ is perched atop the north rim of the Great Platte River Road, or in other words, the Platte River Valley. Down that valley went the Mormon Trail, the Oregon Trail, the Great Transcontinental Railroad, the first Transcontinental highway, and the Pony Express.

Favorite Dish: Give me a hot fudge sundae!

RUBY TUESDAY: NEAR THE INTERSTATE

by Rich62 Updated May 27, 2012
    ITS NEAR THE INTERSTATE

I had one of their hamburgers and it was delicious, and there was plenty of it! It opened in February of 2006.

Favorite Dish: Alpine Swiss Hamburger and Kalua coffee. In the summertime they have great flavored lemonades; I like Cherry Lemonade and my wife likes the Raspberry Lemonade.

Another favorite: Memphis dry-rubbed ribs. wow, they are good.

This evening we ate there and had the salad bar and raspberry iced tea. Both were very tasty. The salad bar has a large variety to choose from. However, soup is extra, but only a dollar or two.

Two salad bars and two raspberry iced teas plus tax cost us $19.22, not including tip. Oh, and the waitress was very nice.

• Rich62's Profile Photo

DAYLIGHT DOUGHNUTS: LOOK FOR THE ROOSTER!

by Rich62 Written Jan 27, 2006
    DAYLIGHT DOUGHNUTS from the south

This is one of the places where you can get coffee and pastries. This is not a place for cappucino and latte's, this is your basic blue-collar coffee shop. But its good.

Favorite Dish: Their doughnuts are good, as you would expect.

• Rich62's Profile Photo

UNK STUDENT UNION DINING AREA: EAT AT THE UNIVERSITY! I'M SERIOUS!

by Rich62 Written Mar 12, 2006
    A SMALL PART OF THE EATING AREA

ARE YOU BRAVE ENOUGH to try something really different? I am telling the truth when I say that the UNK student union has a superb eating facility. They have a huge array of choices, and its all good. You can sample whatever you want and go back for more. One fee gets you in.

I'm sorry tht I can't tell you what the price is, since we get in free when we work the quiz bowl competition held there. But it should be reasonable.

Favorite Dish: We really like their stir-fry on rice.

• Study Abroad

• Rich62's Profile Photo

Good Samaritan Hospital Coffee Shop & Restaurant: An unusual but excellent coffee shop

by Rich62 Written Jun 6, 2013

If you are looking for a modern, bright, immaculately clean coffee shop, this is it.

Favorite Dish: We make a combination of cappachino and coffee. But they are actually a complete restaurant as well. Lunches there are inexpensive and good. Panini sandwiches are a specialty.

Topperz: Self-Serve Yogurt and Toppings

by Rich62 Written Mar 15, 2011
    A COOL TREAT ON A WARM DAY

This is a fun place to stop for some sweet yogurt with fresh toppings. You pay by the ounce at the rate of 38 cents per ounce.

Favorite Dish: I love the peach yogurt, but the peanut butter yogurt and the root beer yogurt are good also. For toppings I enjoy peanut chips, fresh Kiwi slices, and many more items.

Red Lobster: A NICE SEAFOOD STOP

by Rich62 Updated Jun 13, 2005
    SEAFOOD

It is nice to find a good selection of seafood when you happen to be in the middle of the North American continent! Kearney, Nebraska is 1733 miles from Boston, 1733 miles from San Francisco, and about a thousand miles from the Gulf of Mexico. But at least we have a Red Lobster restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I like the baked flounder.

The Lodge Restaurant: COMFORT FOOD SERVED HERE

by Rich62 Updated Apr 24, 2006
    PULL IN WHEN YOU SEE THIS SIGN

This restaurant is one of Kearney's best-kept secrets. They don't advertise, at least not much, but they still have plenty of business from locals plus folks who stay in the Midtown Western Motel (part of the same structure). I have to say that this restaurant seems to appeal mainly to an older crowd. It serves basic American comfort food, but very tasty. The waitresses here seem to be extra nice. I am happy to report that they have recently become a smoke-free restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Let's talk desserts. They have a bread pudding topped with a brandy sauce that is superb. So is their sour creme raisin pie.

Perkins: FRANCHISED COMFORT FOOD

by Rich62 Updated Jun 10, 2006
    GOOD BREAKFASTS HERE TOO

Its pretty good, it just isn't real exciting when it comes to the food. The food is usually pretty basic comfort food, although well prepared. They have good pies.

In June of 2006 our friends went there and a waitress spilled drinks on their son, then the mom found hair in her omlette. They seem to be having problems.

• Rich62's Profile Photo

Runza: A REAL TASTE OF NEBRASKA FOUND HERE!

by Rich62 Written Jun 20, 2005
    LOOK FOR THIS SIGN

But you must taste a Runza! This delicacy was brought to Nebraska by early settlers from Eastern Europe. It has cabbage and meat in a roll, I'm not sure what all the ingredients are but it is very popular hereabouts. When President Clinton visited Kearney a few years ago, he took some back to the White House with him! Try one!

Favorite Dish: I love their hamburgers, they are consistently good.

Instant Answers: Kearney

Comments

Kearney Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kearney restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kearney sightseeing.