Boulder City Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Boulder City

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Hoover Dam Fridge Magnets

by machomikemd Written Nov 23, 2013

yes, I'm an avid collector of refrigerator magnets too besides the shot glasses and when visiting a destination, The first thing that I would buy are the shot glasses and the refrigerator magnets and here on a revisit at hoover dam, it is no different that I must buy these, and the variety and kinds of ref magnets here in the hoover dam souvenir stalls at the visitor center are varied and are numerous. and they range from the plastic type to the aluminum or magnetized and porcelain type and they typically costs from $ 2.99 to $ 8.99 a piece, depending on the style or the materials and the designs

• National/State Park
    • Theme Park Trips

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Hoover Dam Shot Glass

by machomikemd Written Nov 23, 2013

Having been an avid Collector of Refrigerator Magnets and Shot Glasses, I must buy a shot glass of The Hoover Dam here in boulder city to be a part of my extensive colection of Shot Glasses at home and here, you can buy a variety of Shot Glasses as souvenir items at the Hoover Dam Visitors Center which has souvenir shops selling it and they are available in different types and themes like frosted glass, pewter, aluminum, tempered glass and more and have a number of designs. they retail from $ 2.99 to 8.99 a piece, depending on the type and design you want.

• Theme Park Trips
    • National/State Park

• crummey's Profile Photo

Las Vegas and Boulder City

by crummey Written Feb 24, 2006

30 miles in any direction of Las Vegas is a thick pall of smog. The smog carpets the desert floor. Las Vegas is 1 000 000 plus people. Who knew?

Where we are working too we can see the smog build up throughout the day. There are dark black mountains scattered around like marbles. And the Mojave desert is to our north, south, east and west. And Boulder City should be a desert too. However, water is piped in from the Colorado river to make it a lush, green oasis-like municipality. And here we are in the middle of it, working longish hoursbuilding a golf cart maintinence shop in the June sun.

Around us are some naturally growing tumbleweeds and joshua trees. I guarantee you that man has no use fior joshua trees. Because if there was a use for them, then they would have been all chopped down a long time ago. But they are still dotting the landscape.

The tumble weeds and the joshua trees aside, everything else is contrived. the ponds wiith the catfish and the goldfish are contrived. The palm trees are contrived and the grass too. Under the ground are vast sprinkler networks that come too at 5 am to water the greenery. The automatic watering is followed by legions of labourers -some legal, some illegal. They cut and trim and rake and leave at 10.

Wew should simply package and sell the desert. Maybe mix it with some cat nip. And sell it as kitty litter. If we could get a big contract, say the SPCA or Walmart then we would be styling.

I also thought about bringing a couple of cactus back to Canada. But I decided against it. Because I aknow that there are already alot of pricks there.

• Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad
    • School Holidays

Instant Answers: Boulder City

Comments

Boulder City Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Boulder City local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Boulder City sightseeing.