Carson City Local Customs

• zrim's Profile Photo

Celebratory Beers with Bob and Duey

by zrim Written Feb 14, 2004

Bob, Zrim, Duey

After the hole in one, we had to at least celebrate the feat with a beer at the golf course. So we flagged down the cart girl and bought a few beers to toast my good fortune.

According to Golf Digest the odds of getting a hole in one in any given round is 5,000 to 1. Difficult, but not impossible. I estimate that I probably played about 1000 rounds before recording my first hole in one.

• Golf

• zrim's Profile Photo

The best day, ok second best day, of my life

by zrim Written Feb 14, 2004

zrim's happy day

I scored my only hole in one at this golf course in Carson City in 2002. I have no idea what the names of these two guys are, but they were playing in our foursome and were (are) autoworkers from Oklahoma City.

The hole is a 156 yard par 3. I used a pitching wedge for my ace.

When a golfer gets a hole in one it is customary to buy everyone drinks at the bar. This course had no bar--so I told everyone in our group (about 40 strong) that drinks were on me back at the casino. The best part about that was we had complimentary drinks at the casino as part of our golf package. Therefore, the hole in one did not cost me several hundred dollars in drink tariff.

• Golf

Instant Answers: Carson City

Comments

Carson City Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Carson City local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Carson City sightseeing.