Elko Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Elko

• WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

B.J.Bull Bakery: Home-Made Cornish Pasties & Pies

by WulfstanTraveller Written Apr 1, 2012

This is a great little place on the edge of downtown Elko, and a great example of why one, even when just driving through on the freeway, should skip the chain crud in the gas-station stops and shopping centres along the freeway and venture into town to see what the real town has to offer.

This is a little bakery that produces Cornish pasties, variations on such pasties, and other home-made pies - rhubarb, cherry, etc.

As a place to eat, this is a simple, no-frills place since it is primarily a bakery. However, the pasties and pies are tasty, the owner talkative entertainment, and one can watch pies and pasties being made since the eating area is open to the baking area and racks of pies and pasties. One can also order them to take.

We were starving the last time we were driving through here and, as usual, refused to just stop at the junk near the freeway but ventured into town to see the real local eateries. I wanted to see the actual town and its courthouse, anyway. We saw this and immediately decided to eat here, not suspecting a place devoted to Cornish pasties (which we love, anyway) in the middle of Nevada.

Favorite Dish: Cornish pasty and rhubarb pie.

• Most Fast Food Restaurants: Terrible Service in Elko!

by shiningstarI Written Jul 2, 2009

The service in Elko is for the birds. The people are so incredibly rude. Even the manager's seem to not care if you go back or not. They always forget something, and you are lucky if they greet you with a hello, or even a thank you. Next time I am just passing by.

• Motorcycle

• agricola's Profile Photo

Star: want Steak? eat Basque!

by agricola Updated Mar 11, 2007

Basque food (ample, homestyle, meat and veggies) and plenty of it in a traditional, 'family style' Basque hotel. Enter through the bar and bring an appetite!

Favorite Dish: Dinner steak.

At any of the Basque restaurants, one orders the entree - and everything else just arrives: first, hearty soup and bread. Next, Basque salad. Then the entree arrives on its own plate, with platters of vegetables: beans, french fries, spaghetti, green beans. These are served 'family style' so be ready to pass the plates.

coffee or tea 'comes with' and so does a dessert: your choice usually of ice cream, spumoni, flan or sherbet, sometime tiramisu - nobody leaves hungry from the Star. But you better like garlic.

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

Misty's Restaurant: Skip Red Lion's Misty's

by mcpangie Updated Aug 23, 2004
    Cool Statues Mark Entrance

Wasn't that impressed. In fact, I was far from impressed. I had to ask for water. There was something wrong with all three dinners. I had to ask for bread. Then I had to ask for butter. The later came when I was half-way through dinner. The manager got really bugged because we did complain about all three orders being wrong in some way. Just wasn't a fine dining experience. Far from it. Could hear the other people having to ask for stuff as well. Must have been understaffed, our waitress was helping set tables.

Favorite Dish: The asparagus that came with my prime rib was about the only part of dish that tasted interesting. In fact, the prime rib itself was the worst example of this dish that I've had in years. This dish ended up giving meaning to the phrase, it was "repeating on me". Might as well have been horse meat rather than beef.

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

JR's Grill: Best Western's Casino Has Great Food

by mcpangie Written Aug 23, 2004

Menu Cover

The best part about eating at JR's is, while I was waiting for my breakfast I sat at a machine and won enough money to buy breakfast... ah, if that was how casinos always worked!

Favorite Dish: All 3 of us were happy with our breakfast. Mmm... Best biscuits I've had in a long time.

• Casino and Gambling

Instant Answers: Elko

Comments

Elko Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Elko restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Elko sightseeing.