Gambling Advice, Las Vegas

Know about this? Rate It!

slot machines
    gamble now
    at the wynn casino
  • Good fun at Casino Royale

by Reactor Written Oct 17, 2003

Favorite thing: My friend and I happened upon Casino Royale by accident, but I'm really glad we did. It's a bit grittier than the surrounding casinos like Venetian or Caesars, but I liked it that way. The dealers were really great - lots of fun and helpful if you need it. The waitresses were there with the drinks constantly. The crowd in general was loud and fun (well, at least our table was anyway). I also hit 4 aces on the Video Poker machine!! I'll be going back again.

• Casino and Gambling

• Great Sports Book at Caesars!!!

by Reactor Updated Oct 17, 2003

Favorite thing: The Sports Book at Caesars Palace is a sports fans dream come true. I was there recently on a Sunday for the NFL games. They have a wall of huge tv's. I was able to watch 7 games at once!! Plus I sat at the Video Poker game so I was able to play that during halftime/commercials!! It was awesome.

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

Go on a liquid diet - drink plenty of fluids...

by virtualpatrick Updated Jun 10, 2003

Favorite thing: Both water and the alcoholic type of drinks!

On the southern end of "The Strip" and there are several mini-marts at the AM/PM gas stations. You can buy water & soda in various sizes, and snacks.

The AM/PM mini-marts I am talking about are on 1. Las Vegas Boulevard (the strip) at Reno St; 2. Las Vegas Boulevard between Tropicana and Reno streets.

The first thing I did was scout out for these mini-marts to stock up on water!

Another tip is that if you are gambling, the drinks are free! If in the casinos while you are using the slots or at the gaming tables you order from the casino waitstaff ladies walking around. It is customary to tip the staff who brings you the drinks. They work hard and are on their feet for very long shifts.

• truesunn's Profile Photo

Player's Club Cards

by truesunn Written Jun 8, 2003

Vegas Club Cards

Favorite thing: Don't forget to sign up for FREE Player's Club Cards at each casino, especially if you are a slot player! Luckily, many of the cards are good at many of the resorts so you don't have to sign up individually at each one, and can use your comps at any one of the participating hotels! (Example: Park Place Connection is good at Flamingo, Paris, Caesar's, Ballys and LV Hilton)

Comps, for those of you who aren't gamblers, are points you earn by gambling that can be cashed in for free hotel nights, free dinners and other perks!

Be sure to purchase a bungee cord to keep your cards on for ease and convieniece if they don't provide you one with the card. I lost one when I forgot it in a slot because the brightly colored, long cords also serve as a reminder the card is in the machine!

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

The sneaky slots

by TempNomad Updated May 21, 2003

One armed bandit!

Favorite thing: I enjoyed playing the slots, but I really limited myself. Not having the guts to sit at the tables for blackjack (I love that game!), I resigned myself to playing the electronic version, but it definitely seems regulated. There were way too many 14 and 15 combos doled out!

At the bars you can play and get free drinks, at the other machines you sometimes have to wait a while for the nice lady to come around. Leave while you're ahead!

Fondest memory: I won 84 bucks!

• Shaft28's Profile Photo

Low rent gambling

by Shaft28 Written Mar 13, 2003

Favorite thing: If you want to go to Vegas and skip paying for a building - stay in Old Town, Downtown Las Vegas. Sure everything smells of cigarettes and is dingy - but you can't beat the price or that the casinos are so close to each other.
    Admittedly some of the best places to eat aren't there - but yu can get a great deal and gamble on low limit tables all the time downtown.
    My preference if the Horseshoe, but you may find something that suits your taste more.

Fondest memory: What isn't there to like.

• Collect Casino Coins

by RobDavis Written Feb 25, 2003

The Mirage viewed from Venice

Favorite thing: Put a dollar in a slot machine from every casino you go into. Then cash out and keep the token. They make great souvineers. When you get home, run them through the dishwasher to clean them off.

Fondest memory: Winning 250 bucks on a slot machine that I had to play because someone else was sitting at my favourite machine.

I think I may have over-filtered this shot...

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Go and play in a casino (you...

by Pavlik_NL Written Sep 8, 2002

Favorite thing: Go and play in a casino (you have more then enough choice. But be carefully! If you're an addictive gambler, this is the most dangerous place on earth. If you're not you should not be surprised to go home with a lot less money. Try to reckon out front how far you will go with spending at the Roulette, Black Jack, Dices, Slotmachines etc. etc.

Fondest memory: Temptation ... in various forms.

• smoox's Profile Photo

play the slots, definitely....

by smoox Written Sep 2, 2002

Favorite thing: play the slots, definitely. There are slot machines available from 5 cent up to 10 dollars, so, depending on your budget, you can gamble your hat off. Take good care - this is addictive! I have only once won anything worth mentioning up to now.....
    Another plus: while gambling at the machines, you get your drinks for free.

• volarevolare's Profile Photo

You must try you hand at the...

by volarevolare Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: You must try you hand at the slot machines. They do have 5 cent slot machines and these are real fun to play with.

The first night we made 400 5 cents from just a dollar.

And on our last night, we made over 800 5 cents from the money won in the first round. :)

That bought us a free meal! heehehee...

I found the Monopoly slot machines in Flamingo really fun and easy to play. Go check them out.

Besides playing the slot machines, it's a good idea to get out of town and visit the Grand Canyon! One of the most amazing sights I've seen!

Fondest memory: Would be the first time i struck the jackpot! And i wasn't even looking!

I had just stretched my arm across to the machine on my left and pressed spin... and the next thing i knew, they were lining up and I'd won 400 5 cents! Imagine if i had played with a bigger bet! ;p

• trotador's Profile Photo

Make a BUDGET and NEVER, NEVER...

by trotador Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Make a BUDGET and NEVER, NEVER spend more. Visit all the hotels and take your time. The newest hotels are always the best.

Fondest memory: I still having in my memory the noise and the powerful colors from the casinos.

• prophead's Profile Photo

Play games. I used to play...

by prophead Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Play games. I used to play craps, which I hear is the best odds if you play it right. I'm going to try a little poker this year. In general I spend most of my time playing video games. Many casino's built video game places for the youngin's while mama and papa roll the dice, but heck why shouldn't I get hours of entertainment out of my pocketfull of quarters.

Fondest memory: 'I have no specific recollection of that...'

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

have fun! The clubs, the...

by gkitzmil Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: have fun! The clubs, the people, the sights, the shopping, the desert, -- Vegas has everything except a beach, and actually they have a water park!
    You DON'T have to gamble to love Las Vegas! But if you gamble, here are some tips!

If you don't want to lose money either learn a table game before you go and practice it a lot (you can pracitce right on your computer) or don't gamble anything you cannot afford to lose! SEE MY TIPS UNDER 'CULTURAL TIPS!' the best gamblers practice 'money management.'
    This means you know what you started with, you set a limit to play for a day or for a session, and when winning you increase your bets, when losing you reduce your bets. With all table games except poker the house has a clear advantage (with blackjack you can get it to nearly even). With Slots the house always have an advantage. If you win but keep playing the law of averages and mathematics say you are very likely to give it all back (okay, if you hit for a million you'd take a long time giving it all back if you play responsibly!).
    The WORST thing people do is lose money then think if they play longer they'll get it back.
    The other thing most people do is accept free drinks when they are gambling if they think they are playing for winnings.

If you want to blow $100 or $500 and you consider that your entertainment then feel free to take the drinks, play the tables and then always remember that's what you said you wanted to do. I still advise you to learn the game you are playing first -- it will make your money last longer. ALL major casinos have lessons during the day!! Just ask!!

Do I win? My friend AliJoe from Malaysia wants to know the answer. The correct answer is - sometimes.
    I know that if I practiced at Blackjack everyday on my computer I could at least break even or close. In doing so I could be ready to place large bets and eventually get free rooms at some casinos. But you see how much time this takes. I've met people who do this. They keep track of their money and over two to three years they lose very little but they get free rooms and free meals. But they practice nearly daily!
    I bet low amounts and I usually come home without losing. I've also walked away with more money than I started with.
    Hey, my son even won $200 playing nickel slots -- but that is sheer luck!

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

There are TWO ways to enjoy...

by gkitzmil Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: There are TWO ways to enjoy Las Vegas. (1) visit many different casinos if you want a real feel for the variety. OR
    (2) On the other hand if you go to gamble and be entertained...pick one home in Las Vegas, sit - relax - have fun.

Fondest memory: having drinks in the Fontana bar at Bellagio with FABULOUS entertainment

the other fondest memory is being asked to break a $5, going to the blackjack table, turning it into a $20, breaking it and giving the person $10 for their $5 while keeping the other half -- all in about two minutes!

• carstenj's Profile Photo

Gamble That's the whole...

by carstenj Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: Gamble That's the whole purpose of Las vegas isn't it?
    The place is one huge fun park where you more like can loose than win, but it is entertaining doing either.

Fondest memory: Walk The Strip and check out all the new big theme hotels. Like this one Paris Paris

Instant Answers: Las Vegas