Gambling Advice, Las Vegas

Know about this? Rate It!

slot machines
    gamble now
    at the wynn casino
    by machomikemd
  • getting "free" stuff in vegas

by LIifeLover Updated Dec 9, 2008

Favorite thing: nothing in life is free, but you can get some benefits when you gamble (besides a drink and eye candy)

the comped rooms usually come when you lose big (cuz they feel you've earned it?) or when you win big (cuz they want to get it back)...high rollers need not look here at my little tip, but the way the comps work for average joes is through a membership you show the dealer or stick in the slot machine, which gets you rated every time you play...yes, this can result in free stuff, but the amount of money played to 'earn' these things depends on the hotel, how much you play and more importantly, they watch how long you play...(I came to the crap table with $700 once at the Venetian hotel and played for about 30 mins, and that got me a suite there for example). . . possible to get a free room/dinner/show tickets (shows at that particular hotel) if you do indeed play, I think it depends what mood they're in too, so it's worth the try

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Gambling at at Wynn

by machomikemd Updated Oct 7, 2011
    place your bets

Favorite thing: The Wynn has one of the Smallest Gaming Areas and slot machines in the whole of Las Vegas as Steve Wynn emphasized a more privacy for guests. The Casino areas for table games and slot machines are just 111,000 Square feet. It maybe smaller but the bets here are high with the lower limit on the card games at $ 25 unlike in other casinos where the lower limit is $ 10 or even $ 5. There have an assorted 1,900 slot machines with payouts of $1 and $5,000 stands available. Table games include Blackjack, Big 6, Craps, Roulette, Caribbean Stud Poker, Let-it-Ride, Pai Gow Poker, Pai Gow, Three Card Poker, Spanish 21, 21, Black Jack. There is also a Baccarat Room and a Poker Room. Games in the Poker Room are offered at $4/$8 up to $150/$300. Higher limit games are available for those interested. The Wynn also features a Race and Sports Book, providing satellite broadcasts from around the world. To participate one must open a wagering account, as everything in this area is high tech and fully automated. Electronic devices are not allowed in this area and there are large Plasma screens everywhere.

Fondest memory: Wynn is Located at:3131 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109,

• Luxury Travel

• Pre-Tip Dealers

by PokerBoy621 Written Sep 10, 2012

Favorite thing: I always find it difficult to tip dealers after I lose (which is most of the time). The last time I was in a casino playing Blackjack, I decided to "pre-tip" the dealer a dollar. The first 6 deck shoe was profitable (up about $25). So I decided to "pre-tip" as the dealer shuffled the next shoe.

During the game, there was a time when the dealer had a ten showing, and therefore knew the second card because they always need to look for potential blackjacks. I had a five, and was pausing what to do, and she did not really give me a chance to take a card, and I took that as assistance that she had a "bust card" (which she did). I ended up winning a hand, I probably would have lost.

I will probably continue to pre-tip dealers because it can be profitable (at least in certain games), and also makes the dealers friendlier.

• PsiliPharm's Profile Photo

Playa's Club

by PsiliPharm Written Feb 9, 2007

Favorite thing: I highly recommend joining every Player's Club you can find, they offer so many extra benefits, and if you're going to gamble anyways, why not earn something even if you lose? I found it easy to get comps for free meals and some free merchandise as well.

Fondest memory: 5AM at the Craps table in the Hooters Hotel & Casino. Just me & a few other rollers taking the House for a stroll. Don't forget to place bets for the Dealers, they'll help you out as much as possible.

• Casino and Gambling

• Great Sports Book at Caesars!!!

by Reactor Updated Oct 17, 2003

Favorite thing: The Sports Book at Caesars Palace is a sports fans dream come true. I was there recently on a Sunday for the NFL games. They have a wall of huge tv's. I was able to watch 7 games at once!! Plus I sat at the Video Poker game so I was able to play that during halftime/commercials!! It was awesome.

• TempNomad's Profile Photo

Quit while you're ahead

by TempNomad Updated May 20, 2003

Don't forget to double check for coins!

Favorite thing: Leave! Give yourself a time/money limit and run with the coins if you clean up! Run! Run!

Fondest memory: I was so glad that they have those handiwipes all over the place. I admit that I took a few with me.

My first Progressive Jackpot

Progressive Jackpot on the Sizzling Sevens

Fondest memory: My first ever progressive jackpot, back in 1997, at The Stratosphere, on the Sizzling Sevens $1 slots.

My second Progressive Jackpot

Second progressive jackpot

Fondest memory: My second jackpot followed a few days later. At this time the Stratosphere used to take your photo (on a polaroid) and also give you a t-shirt to commemorate your win.

Third progressive jackpot

Third progressive jackpot

Fondest memory: Another progressive followed a day later. My son also had three progressives during our stay. This has been the only time I have left Las Vegas showing a profit!!

Instant Answers: Las Vegas