Vegas Views, Las Vegas

Know about this? Rate It!

• Vegas Views
    by goingsolo
  • BoneDaddy99's Profile Photo

Bellagio Fountains

by BoneDaddy99 Written May 9, 2011

Favorite thing: I recently stayed at the Vdara which had WAY AWESOME views of the Bellagio fountains.

It was as if they were my private show day or night.

(How I got it: By accident, I asked for a superior view of the strip & slipped the clerk a $50)

The view of the Bellagio fountains and the strip were breathtaking.

I have not stayed at the Cosmopolitan but I would think it would also have superb views of the Bellagio fountains from that side.

I must recomend the Vdara over all others however. The ability to get to your room without the maze of a casino floor, the front desk clerks that look like supermodels, the Bellagio buffet (and fountains) may even be closer than from some rooms AT the Bellagio!

I imagine the Paris, right across the street would be good too.

Also in favor of the Vdara: The Aveda products in the awesome modern bathroom, a kitchenette, stunning art around the grounds, access to Aria casino and spa, "eggs eggs eggs" breakfast in lobby rest., above and beyond attentiveness & friendliness of staff, room decor, "Green" concept for CityPlace, (and more, you'll just have to explore).

I am a once or twice a year visitor to Vegas and come so an average Joe can be treated like a King. Started in the '90s, I was going to try ALL the resort hotels but the Vdara is makin that Reeeealy hard! my 3rd stay there will be later this year.

I have photos of the Bellagio fountains as seen from the Vdara and will post them if I see a way here or if this site allows contact, Mo, you may request them.

Fondest memory: Bellagio Fountains, what a genius Steve Wynn is. Can only imagine how many marriage proposals, family vacation memories, first kisses happen here!

I come because SERVICE is the natural resource of Las Vegas.

No where else on the planet do I get more "Yes Sir's", "Can I get that for you's", "Would you like another's" as I get in Vegas.

Every day in Las Vegas I am King for that day.

• Spa and Resort

• ema522's Profile Photo

A Playground for Grown-ups

by ema522 Written Mar 15, 2005
    Bellagio fountains

Favorite thing: A stroll along the center of the Strip with stops at the Venetian canals, the Mirage volcano, & of course the Bellagio fountains

Fondest memory: It's hard to narrow down to just one thing! The Bellagio fountains were gorgeous, and parts of the Venetian really made me think I might have been in Italy again. I also saw Tom Jones at the Grand - I had wanted to see a classic old Vegas act & he did not disappoint. Great food & great shopping. It's basically Fantasyland, over-the-top tacky, but that's the appeal. When you're in Vegas, you forget about everything except having fun - & isn' t that what a vacation's all about?

• Spa and Resort

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Vegas Hotels

by goingsolo Updated Jun 15, 2004

Mirage Hotel lobby

Favorite thing: The Vegas Strip hotels are unique and amazing in their interiors. Some of them at least. This photo was taken in the Mirage lobby where there's a rainforest theme. Outside its 110 deg and a desert and in here its cool, air conditioned and very very green.

I tried to summarize my impressions of the hotels that I visited in the hotels section of this page. Most activity on the Strip centers around the hotels with their lobbies, restaurants, shows and casinos. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see them all, but there's always next time.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

View of the Vegas Strip

by goingsolo Written Jun 13, 2004

Favorite thing: The Las Vegas Strip, or Las Vegas Blvd. runs along Hwy 15. Driving north to Utah or south to California on the highway, you can see the Vegas stip hotels and billboards. It was my first view of the Strip and, during the day, its not that impressive. But at night, with the flashing lights and lit up hotels, its like nothing else in the world.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Over the top glitz & glamor is the norm

by shrimp56 Written Jun 5, 2004

Favorite thing: The exquisite details in the middle of so much glitz. On the left is part of the glass ceiling construction by the artist Dale Chihuly that graces the Bellagio lobby. On the right is the area between the front door and checkin at The Venetian. Very different, but both stunning.

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo

The Skyline is full of landmarks!

by MarvintheMartian Written Feb 14, 2004

France and Italy to name a few

Favorite thing: The stangest thing is these landmarks really shouldn't be here - but they are and what a wonderful place it makes it!

Fondest memory: The madness of it all - just makes me smile and laugh a bit at the thought of it all!

• LasVegasLdy's Profile Photo

Fresh Air and Ski Lifts

by LasVegasLdy Updated Sep 20, 2003

Favorite thing: I love Mt. Charleston..35 minutes from Las Vegas and you have the most beautiful weather. When it is hot in the city, the best place to be is Mt. Charleston. Drive up to the top, about 8300 ft, and you find the Ski Lodge and Ski Lifts and Snowboard Runs that make you think this can't still be Las Vegas, but it is. A little ways down the mountain is Mt. Charleston Lodge. A great place to have a good meal and enjoy the view, or you can stay in one of the many log cabins they have. The cabins are very lovely on the inside, with a fantastic bathtub that is also a jacuzzi.
    You won't believe the greenery. The trees, the grass, the meadows, and the wonderful camp grounds.
    Las Vegas isn't all glitter, and cement...seeing is believing.

• Camping
    • Hiking and Walking

• luv2learn's Profile Photo

Get a room with a view. I...

by luv2learn Written Aug 26, 2002

Favorite thing: Get a room with a view. I doesn't matter -- it could be the night lights on the strip, sunrise over the desert mountains (the gamblers will see the sunrise when they go to bed; folks like me see it when we get up,) or sunset over the desert mountains -- they're all breath-taking.

Fondest memory: I was thrilled by the desert. I've never seen it before. It has an eerie, subtle beauty that is very compelling and makes all the more glaring the man-made excesses of the Strip.

• ErinInMD's Profile Photo

A view from the Bellagio

by ErinInMD Written Apr 11, 2004

From the Bellagio

Favorite thing: There are a lot of photo ops and I had to take a picture from the Bellagio. Everything looks so pretty.

• MarvintheMartian's Profile Photo

MGM Lion

by MarvintheMartian Written Feb 14, 2004

Compare with the size of the cars and people!

Favorite thing: Walking around Las Vegas and you will find something pleasing to the eye - here's the MGM Lion - it's huge!

• raulmora's Profile Photo

See the sights! This town has...

by raulmora Written Aug 24, 2002

Favorite thing: See the sights! This town has beauty hidden in every nook and cranny. Many people get so wrapped up in gambling (guilty) that they forget to take in the grand vistas that Vegas has to offer!

Instant Answers: Las Vegas