More Night Clubs, Las Vegas

Know about this? Rate It!

• More Night Clubs
  • goingsolo's Profile Photo

Light: Light

by goingsolo Written Jun 7, 2004

Light

One of those "pick me, pick me" places we have so many of here on South Beach. Its a cool club, but its the stuffy bouncer at the door, dress the part, look the part, type of places.

Dress Code: You have to be dressed up to get past the bouncer. No jeans or sneakers. I'm not sure what the specific dress code is, but in Miami we call it "South Beach black."

• lilbunnygirl's Profile Photo

Whiskey Sky: How can you not like a bar with a bed in it?

by lilbunnygirl Written Feb 11, 2004

Easter Weekend 2003

I had heard Whiskey Sky touted as one of the most romantic nightspots in the Vegas area. Had a hard time believing such a place could be in you know, Henderson! At a Station Casino no less.

Proved me wrong. Green Valley Ranch is breathtaking from the first view. And Whiskey Sky...I can not say anything bad about it. It's the perfect intimate spot if you want to relax and have a drink with your friends, or better yet, your love!

Wonderful retro-modern interior, beautiful fireplace, goregeous views of the Strip lights in the distance, comfy soas and chairs, and a big furry bed right in the middle. What's not to like? Friendly waitresses and bartenders, delicious drinks

Did I mention the bed? I like a bar I can kick my shoes off and get comfortable in!

Whiskey Sky gets two paws way up from me, I never go to Vegas without stopping in.

Dress Code: I don't know if there is one. We've never been turned away, not even when a friend was wearing jeans and a baseball cap (we went there after being turned away from Rain because he was dressed like that)

• virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Vegas: Nightlife in Vegas

by virtualpatrick Updated Jun 10, 2003

The hottest clubs only open during the prime evenings of the week Thu-Sat night.

Since I went during off peak days to Vegas I went to rumjungle at the Mandalay Bay on a Monday. Cool place - plenty of rum collections, dj played dance music.

The next time I go to Vegas will be spanning a weekend. This will provide oppotunites to visit some of these clubs:
    Ra @ Luxor;
    Studio 54 & Tabu @ MGM;
    Rain & Ghostbar & Skin @ Palms;
    OPM @ Caesar's;
    Bikini's @ Rio.

For details on cover charge, days of operation, dress code, and music played see
    www.vegas.com/nightlife

• icelasvegas's Profile Photo

ICE | Las Vegas: ICE | Las Vegas has the best House Music!

by icelasvegas Written Jan 8, 2004

Review: The Lounge - featuring the juiciest mix of funk, R&B and classic house music - is the first place guests pause and look around as they begin their journey through ICE Las Vegas.

Moving forward toward and then through the Cloud Bar and Main Arena, guests will arrive at the core of the club. It is here that visitors will be thrilled by the sounds of Resident DJ Frank Richards (and, any of the world’s most acclaimed DJs who visit the club regularly), as the music he spins washes over them, courtesy of the country’s largest Funktion-One 100,000 watt sound-system.

The Main Arena also boasts a cushioned 4,000 square-foot Brazilian walnut dance-floor and the only Kryogenifex cooling-fog system in Las Vegas, which - when activated - submerges the revelers in the Main Arena in a dense fog of liquid nitrogen, dramatically dropping the temperature.

Then, it’s onto the Fur Room: a shocking paradise (think: Barbie’s® Bondage & Domination Playhouse…) complete with fur-lined walls, latex furniture, S&M iconography and mirror-polished panels. Guests are submitted to a plush world of sexual delight and removed inhibition, all the while maintaining a commanding view of the club floor action.

For guests wanting a more intimate experience, exclusive VIP Rooms with the finest amenities and views of the entire club are available. Please inquire for reservations on bottle-service tables, which offer full-service including a specialty food menu.

All elements of ICE Las Vegas are synthesized to mesh together within an architectural setting that matches the club’s ideal of pairing a flair for the dramatic with high style.

Dress Code: Casual Fabulous (i.e. NO shorts, T-shirts or casual wear). When in doubt: wear black!

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

LAX nightclub at the Luxor Resort-Casino: The hottest, newest club in Las Vegas!

by TheTravelSlut Updated Sep 29, 2007

It was a great time in a great club

I was fortunate to be able to attend the grand opening weekend of the LAX nightclub which also happened to be the MTV Music Awards weekend.

After a "fashionable" time in the VIP line, I walked through what seemed to be a dark cavernous pathway to the club and descended down stairs into the expanse of the club which is flanked on both sides by bars serving great premium drinks and waters (open bar the night I was there), and the dancefloor separates the lounge areas from the main stage where the DJ spins the music.

I had a great time the night I was there with great music and a lively atmosphere. There was definitely high energy that night.

Hours of operation: Wednesday - Saturday, 10 p.m. - 4 a.m.
    Cover price: $30 for men; $20 for women; prices for special events may vary.
    Payment information: Cash, all major credit cards.
    Music: Varies depending on the night.
    Resident DJs: DJ Vice.
    Clientele/Age Group: 21 and older.
    Attire: Fashionable nightlife attire.
    Parking: Self-parking and valet available at the Luxor.
    Reservations: Available.
    Seating: Yes.
    Handicapped accessible: Yes.
    ATM: Located inside the casino.

Dress Code: There is a dress code here but I did see some jeans (albeit trendy) inside the club. Most were dressed in either semi-formal or elegant casual dress

I was dressed in a chic black patent leather outfit and was taken to the head of the line. I seemed to draw the attention of the club photographer several times too.

• ErinInMD's Profile Photo

Coyote Ugly: Just Say No

by ErinInMD Updated May 19, 2004

Beebs, Fran and Me outside Coyote Ugly

Save your money. Really. We went there our second night and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

After you pay your high cover charge (which is normal in Las Vegas), you try to squeeze your way through the crowd. The entire crowd's focus is on the girls dancing on the bar (which makes sense, I guess). No one was really dancing and when I turned around all I could see was a sea of people all staring at the bar.

It was so cramped in there and no one was really doing anything that we quickly left. If you're trying to relive the experience of the movie I guess this place will be a must-see for you ... but if not, save your money and try another club/bar.

Dress Code: Normal club/bar attire.

• Casino and Gambling

• tomhoward's Profile Photo

More Night Clubs: Other Night Spots

by tomhoward Updated Jul 22, 2006

Fremont St.

There's plenty of "Free Entrance" tickets knocking about for Light, unfortunately they wont help you get past the unfeasibly selective door staff. With a queue and attitude as you would expect for a nightclub inside the Bellagio, if you do manage to get past the velvet rope, the stainless steel escalators that take you up into the thumping, dark unknown promise more than is delivered. Main room is bland and looks more like a school hall that has been decorated for an Xmas disco than a world class nightclub. In fact, it was that bad we searched in vain for another room, convinced there must be something more to the place, before finally leaving one drink later in the lift.

Didn't fancy the two hour wait for Pure in Caesars Palace Hotel, but judging by the queue, it seems to currently be the hottest venue in Vegas. Bad news fellas - separate lines for girls and guestlists mean splashing the cash is the only way in without a LONG wait. ICE is another uber-club we didn't try.

Dress Code: Due to it's fantastic setting in the Treasure Island facade (built into a fake but highly realistic looking Mediterranean cliff-side village), Tangerine probably looks better from the outside than in. Time your trip here with very cheesy (but also highly entertaining) Sirens Show, as the patio gives you the best view in the house. Unfortunately the bar was closed for a private party when we went, but we blagged entrance to the viewing platform reserved for TI hotels guests - otherwise you're watching the show from the Strip pavement.

Bafflingly, Peppermill's Fireside Lounge (2985 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Cross Street: Convention Center Drive) gets an unfeasibly high score in both Citysearch, and Zagat . Extremely tacky restaurant at the front, but the highly rated fire pit bar at the back isn?t much better. With its dark lighting, mirrors and neon lighting this place would do much better as a strip club. Drinks tasted like novelty slush puppies. Sort of place you're likely to meet some ugly middle-aged swingers...

• clueless83's Profile Photo

Coyote Ugly: Hell no H2O!

by clueless83 Updated Feb 17, 2008

New York Hotel by night

If you enjoyed the film you might like the Coyote Ugly bar at the New York Hotel. The Coyote Ugly bar isn't really a place you could stay all night, we had 2 (very strong) drinks during happy hour then left. We were given some passes by a random guy at the entrance to the hotel so we didn't pay to get in which is always a bonus.

There are girls who dance on the bar (like in the film) who give out free shots and try to keep the crowd warmed up. I didn't pay much attention to them to be honest. I was a little concerned that the drinks would be limited (like in the movie) but I was satisfied with a Southern Comfort & lemonade. I didn't ask for water but I did wonder if they did the "Hell no H2O!" thing they do in the film.

The club/bar itself is quite small, no where to sit, lots of wood and the bar is decorated with bras left by female patrons. Worth a look if you like the film.

Dress Code: Dress code was pretty casual from what I remember.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Beer Tasting

• Whiskeyguy's Profile Photo

Moon: Moon At The Palms

by Whiskeyguy Written Nov 25, 2007

Well, for my first trip to Vegas, my buddy said we couldn't miss the clubs at the Palms. After hitting up Ghostbar (see review on my Vegas page) we traveled to the other tower and checked out Moon. Being a thursday and the day after Halloween, the place was pretty busy. Moon was a great club. It was pretty packed and that made getting drinks a little difficult, but luckily the cover to the Playboy Club (right above Moon) was included, so we could go upstairs and grab a few cocktails and enjoy a more chill atmosphere. The club is very Las Vegas, with extremely good looking girls dancing on platforms and very good looking waitresses. The drinks were reasonable ($12 for a double Jack & Coke) and there were definately some semi-famous people around. Since the cover included Moon, Ghostbar, and the Playboy Club, I definately recommend checking them all out if they still offer that deal.

Dress Code: The dress code is the same for most clubs on the strip, nice jeans/slacks, good shoes, and a nice shirt. I had a dress shirt but left it untucked and the top button open and didn't get a second glance from the bouncers.

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

New York New York: Live music

by traveloturc Written Jun 11, 2006

new york new york hotel

If you are fed up for gambling and you want to spend an unforgettable night in Vegas
    The live music bars of New York New York hotel is the right place
    You can have fun with a couple of beers

Dress Code: No special dress code

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

Tabú: Ultra Lounge

by gkitzmil Written Mar 1, 2004

TAB��

One of the new "ultra lunges" in Vegas. Every surface in the Club is like a piece of Art. There is a wall backlit showing all of the liquor bottles and you are encouraged to buy a bottle for your table. This is a very nice place at the MGM.

Iinteractive projections with sensual images. Internationally renowned DJ's conjure a cosmopolitan vibe. Stunning model/hostesses tempt with nouveau classic cocktails.

• cblanc9's Profile Photo

Foundation: Monday night

by cblanc9 Written Apr 14, 2004

Monday night opened to the public. Beautiful penthouse club. Great view of the strip.
    Mandalay Bay Resort is a great young Casino. They even pump in coconut fragrance. TV show Vegas is filmed here.

Dress Code: Sexy

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo

More Night Clubs: Rush

by SteveOSF Written Sep 10, 2007

Rush Lounge in the Golden Nugget has live entertainment several nights a week. The performers we listened too were fairly good. The lead singer had a fun talent for quickly determining celebrities that various patrons resembled.

The decor was nice, but the specialty drinks at Rush were good but overpriced.

• Business Travel

• mesoblonda's Profile Photo

China Grill/Dragon Lounge Mandalay Bay Las Vegas: See and be seen

by mesoblonda Updated May 5, 2004

One of the places to see and be seen! Very LA in my opinion.

Lots of pretty people.

Dress to impress. I watched as people were picked from the line to come in to the club. Look good, it will increase your odds (I think!).

I went there to dance and found it to be very crowded and people kept walking through the dance floor. Still, it was FUN!

You wait a long time for a drink, but maybe that's just how it works for a person with no connection in a trendy Vegas club!

I've heard that you can pay $250.00 for a bottle of your favorite alcohol which will guarantee you a seat for you and your friends in close proximity to the dance floor.

Music=good!

Dress Code: Jeans are fine but the better you look, the quicker you'll get in!

• PURE Nightclub: VIP Nightlife and Concierge Servcies

by Jeffreymanno Updated Mar 22, 2007

First of All PURE was such an amazing club. The entertainment, ambience, and service just exuded sex appeal and luxury! What an amazing time. However, the real treat was the incredible personal attention we received from a VIP Nightlife and Concierge Services company called Red Carpet VIP. They completely listened to what I wanted and then made suggestions accordingly as to where to go...and man they were right! As well they said a VIP host would actually escort me in, and get me the best table available! Right on again! These guys rocked. The line stretched as far as I could see, yet I didn't have long to look, as we barely wait a minute or two before the "Sea of People" in front of PURE was parted for us to walk through. Im not kidding here either...security literally made room for us to get through! As for our table....awesome. It was in the White Room which was just awesome. I felt like I was living a dream, as I was surrounded by beautiful people, a hot cocktail server that took very good care of us, and I even saw Dave Navarro and Travis Barker partying just a couple tables away from us! I couldn' have asked for a better experience. I was so happy with them, that I actually called them the next day for some different services that they supply. Look for my reviews elsewhere. If you are planning to go to Vegas, call Red Carpet VIP! If you are planning on a Big Night out, ask them about PURE! You can't lose with either one of these! Viva Las Vegas!!

Dress Code: Upscale club attire