Rain and Ghost Bar, Las Vegas

Know about this? Rate It!

Lounging on the patio at Ghost Bar
    by cfritz75
    View from the 55th floor
    by cfritz75
  • Rain and Ghost Bar
    by travelnurse21
  • kymbanm's Profile Photo

Rain Nightclub: Awesome, fun, and quite decadent!

by kymbanm Updated Jan 7, 2006

Rain in full swing

I love Rain! First, you enter a mirrored hall. When you exit, you are in the nightclub. To the left is a wall of water, to ahead and to the right is an island/stage surrounded by a moat of water.

The island is the dancefloor when music is being provided by the DJs. The island is the stage when bands are playing.

Regardless of the 'theme' of this island, there are wonderful light effectes that add to the atmosphere. Even I feel like a star dancing there!

I had the pleasure of being invited to hang out there one afternoon while an episode of CSI was being filmed. It was great fun - for a while ... when we got bored, we moved on. Later when the episode was aired ... I glimpsed my legs in the background of a scene .. of course I only saw myself because I taped it and then played it back frame by frame :)

Dress Code: I can't remember what the dress code is right now, but trendy is definitely in :)

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Ghost Bar: People watching is a must ....

by kymbanm Updated Jan 7, 2006

Ghostbar before opening

Okay, so Ghost is on the 55th floor of the Palms. The view is spectacular, and people watching is the best anywhere in Las Vegas. The known mingle with the unknowns (like me) and the atmosphere is fun, light, and a blast!

My best friend got hit on by a hot and famous actor ..... we watched a well known boxer do body shots off the women in his party ...... I watched a soap actor and his wife stand to the side in awe of the action (they had the same looks on their faces as I did!) ....... I laughed as a famous comediene and his posse came through with video cameras and took over the club :) Everytime I go there, I have a new experience!

Dress Code: Trendy and rock star cool.

• tomhoward's Profile Photo

Rain and Ghost Bar: Rain dance

by tomhoward Updated Nov 29, 2005

Chewed some cow at N9NE Steakhouse, then tried to blag an entrance to their sister venue Ghost Bar through the waiter (didn't work), so tried this place.

Already got hold of VIP free entrance tickets through lasvegashookups on Ebay, although didn't read the small print, and they were only valid Thursday & Friday (not that I had any idea what day of the week it was whilst in Vegas). By this point the queue was of epic proportions, snaking 4 deep around the casino, and disappearing far into the Nevada desert. After trying to sweet talk the bouncer, we quickly realised, like most places in Las Vegas, the only quick way in was to splash some cash. Had to grease him $40 (22 UK pounds) each, which when considering entrance to most nightclubs in London (AFTER queuing) would probably cost at least 15 quid isn't too bad. Dont know how much it would have been otherwise.

Rain is a cool futuristic venue, with a raised (but small & too crowded) dance floor surrounded by a steaming moat. Lighting rigs are lowered and spun and fireballs intermittently thrown over the crowd for good measure. Music was the usual let-down though, with just generally forgettable rock and hip-hop tracks thrown together willy nilly. As usual for expensive 'scene' nightclubs in the US, people are rarely here for the music, and generally seem oblivious to what the DJ is playing.

Dress Code: We never went, but the club night at The Hard Rock Hotel, Body English, is meant to be one of the best. Listening to one of DJ AM's sets on the internet, he'd done a pretty perfect job of combining danceable tracks with some of the best scratch mixing I've ever heard. For VIP entrance to Body English contact the mythical VegasEd, otherwise prepare to queue and possibly be turned away.

If I ever come back in the summer Ill definately be going to Rehab in the afternoon - too cold when we went in October for obvious reasons.

DRESS CODE : Just look smart

• Luxury Travel

• LealaGirl's Profile Photo

Rain: Party on at the Palms Resort

by LealaGirl Written Mar 30, 2003

Great music. Great affects. I think there is a $20 cover charge (like every other club in vegas). However sometimes you can "work" your way in for free. We went to the front desk and told them that our limo driver said we could get free passes to Rain at the front desk and it worked. Who knows if it would work again.

Dress Code: Dress to impress.

• LealaGirl's Profile Photo

Ghost Bar: Party on at the Palms Part II

by LealaGirl Written Mar 30, 2003

Beautiful view from the top

Very classy and Upscale-ish Martini bar at the top of the Palms Resort. Drinks are very expensive. I think there is a $10 cover but we managed to get in for free because we had a bachelorette party. We ended up meeting some of the Real World Cast there while they were filming that night. I wonder if us drunk girls managed to get captured in some of their footage :)

• Krumlovgirl's Profile Photo

Ghost Bar: Above the Strip

by Krumlovgirl Written Dec 8, 2002

A very new, very ritzy nightclub/bar made famous by those Real World Las VEgas people. We actually visited this place before Real World came out and thought it was pretty nifty even then. Great views from the top of the strip. Drinks are priecy, but that's to be expected.

Dress Code: Definitely dress up. Women-black seemed to be the choice color. Men-dress slacks. This is a very yuppy-fied bar. If you're not into lounging around and trying to look mysterious and beautiful then it might not be the place for you.

• Erin74's Profile Photo

Rain in the Desert: Rain at The Palms-- The hottest club in Vegas!

by Erin74 Written Oct 23, 2003

Looking down at the dance floor at Rain

The Palms is the hottest casino in Las Vegas right now. It's THE place to see and be seen. Likewise, the nightclub at The Palms, Rain, is the best and most popular club in Vegas at the moment.

I'll be completely honest... this place is a nightmare to get into. Even if you are a hotel guest, even if you have VIP passes, you still may spend quite some time stuck in line. Your best bet is to get here early. Seriously, like two hours early. Also (and this is critical at every club in Vegas), you need to look hot. Dress up and flaunt it. Groups of ladies have a much better chance of getting in. Guys, *don't* come in groups of ten (bouncers hate to let in big groups of guys but will usually let in groups of women). Attach yourself to some pretty girls and try to get in with them.

Inside, Rain is a multi-level dance club complete with lasers, a stage surrounded by water for dancing, flames shooting from the ceiling and some really good house/ hip hop tunes. The second and third levels (VIP) offer a great vantage point for the scene below and feature private cabanas and skyboxes.

Rain also hosts special events (fashion shows, private parties) and has been known to have surprise guests (Britney Spears got up on stage one night recently, much to the shock of the uninformed crowd).

Rain opens at 11pm on weekdays, 10pm on weekends. Cover is $20.

Dress Code: I would not wear jeans here. This place is all about looking your best and showing some skin.

The official code: No shorts, no hats, no tennis shoes, no baggy or torn jeans, no sandals for men.

• moremaga's Profile Photo

Rain and Ghost Bar: Best Dance Club

by moremaga Updated Mar 26, 2004

Rain is a dance Club at the Palms Casino. Probably one of the best clubs right now for dancing and crowd. Ghost Bar is more of a chill place to lounge with friends and take in the sites.

Dress Code: Dress up, no jeans.

• Whiskeyguy's Profile Photo

Ghostbar: Ghostbar at the Palms

by Whiskeyguy Written Nov 24, 2007

The Ghostbar at the Palms was simply amazing. 55 stories up in one of the towers, it's essentially an open room and large balcony with an amazing view of the entire Vegas strip, as well as much of the city. You can lounge on the balcony or inside the bar and just take in the view, or mingle with the many good looking people. The drinks were very reasonably priced for Vegas standards, and the staff very nice and effeciant. It is definately a must see for nightlife enthusiests visiting Vegas.

Dress Code: Anywhere you go in Vegas, it's a good idea to dress up. You don't need a suite in the Ghostbar, but nice clothes are definately recommended. I just wore some nice jeans, nice black boots, and a casual button-up dress shirt that I left untucked and I was pretty much in the norm.

• travelnurse21's Profile Photo

Rain and Ghost Bar: Rain at the Palms

by travelnurse21 Written Dec 28, 2005

This club was a BLAST! Excellent hip hop music, great mixed crowd who were all up for a good time, and a HUGE venue!

There is a VIP section upstairs and ladies can easily get in if you find the right guys! But just from experience, I'd rather be downstairs where all the fun is!

There is a HUGE dancefloor and fire blows out from the ceiling. I had a great time in this place and I was sober the whole night! Now that says a lot!

Dress Code: Dress to kill if you don't wanna line up ladies!

• Study Abroad

• tetonski1's Profile Photo

The Ghost Bar: "Don't Miss This Place!"

by tetonski1 Written May 2, 2004

Perched high up on the the 55th floor of the Palm's Hotel, this place is a must see!

High speed elevators woosh you to the bar in seconds. When you get in the place, head for the outside balcony with the see through floor for a Vertigo experience.

The people are pretty much the same as in the other hot bars, and the staff is pretty nice. The cover is 10$ weekdays, 20$ weekends, and drinks are a little high at around $10.

One downfall though, is the line to get in. The average wait time is 2 hours. There are a couple of ways to get around this though:

First, if you dine at the Alize restaurant upstairs, (which I have reviewed in the restaurant section ), ask them for a line pass. You'll still have to pay cover; however, you will not have to wait in line.

Another option is to play the tables downstairs, and then ask the pit boss for VIP passes to bypass the line.

Dress Code: The standard upscale club attire.

• Wine Tasting

• jhane27's Profile Photo

Rain and Ghost Bar: Rain Don't go Away!

by jhane27 Written Aug 6, 2004

This club was very fun....My bf definitely had fun watching me shake my thang all over the place..LOL. The club is a nice size its gets crowded very quickly..the lines are pretty long. Its best to get there b4 1100pm.

Here's a secret to getting in for FREE. Go to www.n9negroup.com and sign up for their guest list for RAIN or SKIN. Your allowed to bring 1 other person. Make sure you sign up a week before the day you'll be there. For any other info on signing up for guest lists got to www.napkinnights.com..They have all the guest lists and club info for the hottest clubs in Vegas.

Now by signing up on their guest list you and your guest get in for FREE..NO COVER!!!! Just make sure when you get there you stand in the right line....Don't ask the people around you either cuz their just as confused as you might be..Ask the bouncers!!!

Dress Code: The dress code is pretty laid back. Just don't look like a bum. Gotta dress to impress. No ripped,torn,baggy jeans,no tank tops for guys, no flip flop, no ball or trucker caps. You can wear hats but its has to be stylish, like chauffer caps etc...Jeans & sneakers are okay as long as you look good and neat!!

• lynlynn's Profile Photo

Rain and Ghost Bar: Rain

by lynlynn Updated Sep 21, 2004

bachelorette party-this guy just turned 21

LOVED Rain! Must get prepaid VIP tix so you dont have to wait in their crazy 2 hour lines. it gets really hot on the main dance floor because of the flames that come down from the ceiling so if you wanna squeeze through onto the dance floor, i suggest being scantilly clad. it's nicely air conditioned in the booths and cabanas. to rent these out, you need to pay to reserve the spot and order 2 bottles of champagne which start out at $300 each. and... you dont need to get in a long 2 hour line and have you have someone serving your drinks the whole evening so you dont need to wait in line for that either. a definate way to go for bachelorette parties... i think we had 10-12 girls w/us...

the night we were there, they played alot of old school to current hip hop music-my kinda music!

there's an outside patio area also with plenty of seating for when it just gets too hot inside. nice hang out spot to interact w/others and check out the scene.

Dress Code: look hot... = )

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Rain and Ghost Bar: A night at the Palms

by HotRodEtte Updated Sep 8, 2005

View of strip from GhostBar

Although we didn't get a chance to check out Rain, GhostBar is more of a place to relax, listen to some music, and get fabulous views of the strip!!! If you're anything like me, and intimidated by the "beautiful people," this is one place that will definitely have you determined to look your best! Personally, I found the crowd to be quite a bit on the snooty side. I won't lie, this is a nice place, but to stand around with no dancing, and spend money on pricey drinks only to get bumped into from the crowdedness, this was not worth the $25 cover charge.

Dress Code: Jeans are OK but they must be dressed up. No sandals or hats for men. Casual to dressy club attire is what we saw the most of.

• cfritz75's Profile Photo

Rain and Ghost Bar: Ghost Bar - fun - Rain - not worth it

by cfritz75 Written Aug 6, 2006

Lounging on the patio at Ghost Bar

I've been to both of these places on seperate vacations.
    RAIN
    The first trip to Vegas I was all about RAIN. I had been a fan of the Real World Vegas and couldn't wait to hang out where they did. After cutting in line (hehe) I still waited about 45 minutes to get in. It was surprising smaller than it looks in pictures. Think it would've been bigger if I was VIP and able to cross the velvet ropes. Drinks as usual were over priced ($12 jagerbombs) I found it a bit fishy that the upstairs bar charged a dollar less for the same drink? The music was definitely mediocre at best. Playing a random mixture of new and old mainstream hip hop, I was unimpressed to say the least. I actually ended up leaving after an hour. When the DJ started playing "hip hop hoorrayyy hoooooo" I was so done. Suppose if your not as picky about music it would be alright to check out.

GHOST BAR- I had found a free cover pass online before going. The door man was more than cool about it since I had my brother and his buddy with me (and only one pass). We arrived too early so we wandered around the hotel casino for awhile, but the door guy let us keep our first in line spot. The view from this place 55 stories above Vegas is spectacular. It was almost ironic that they were playing all 90's Seattle grunge when we arrived. It made us all smile and feel welcome since this was our first night in Vegas for my brothers 21 run. The music shifted to some classic 90's hip hop (and not the annoying kind refered to above). Drink prices weren't too bad ($6 for premium rum and coke is about average in Seattle). Vibe was great, view was amazing. I will go back to this place when in Vegas.

Dress Code: Rain - No Jeans, dress to impress, when in doubt wear black
    Ghost Bar - Jeans are ok just be sure to wear a nice shirt and shoes

Instant Answers: Las Vegas