The Blue Man Group, Las Vegas

At the Luxor Hotel

Know about this? Rate It!

Yes, they REALLY are BLUE!
    by TheTravelSlut
    They come out after the show for photos
  • Parking for the Venetian is convenient and nice
    Parking for the Venetian is convenient...
  • RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

The Blue Man Group: Weird,Mesmerising & Hilarious

by RAINBOWWINGS Updated Apr 4, 2011

Blue Man Group

We first saw the Blue Man Group at the Luxor Hotel but they are now appearing at the Venetian Casino and Hotel in a theatre built especially for them called The Blue Man Theatre. Not knowing anything about this group we were a little worried during the first 20 minutes as if we were going to stay for the whole show....a mixture of "music" played on enormous drain pipes and kettle drums filled with paint and scatty skits where people are "invited" from the audience to participate. After 30 minutes we didnt want it to end. I have never laughed so much in my life and if I tell you, and not giving too many secrets away, that the whole audience ends up wrapped in tissue paper, that gives you an idea of the zaniness of the whole show....we loved it!!
    Tickets range from $70 to $122 and I would recommend you sit in the balcony if you dont want to be "invited" to go up on stage!!

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

The Blue Man Group: An unusual, energetic & colorful show

by TheTravelSlut Written Sep 29, 2007

Yes, they REALLY are BLUE!

I had meant to see a Blue Man Group (BMG) on previous trips but I am glad I waited as I had comped tickets because while it was entertaining, I would only see it once.

It is described on their website as follows:

"Blue Man Group’s critically acclaimed show has been called “visually stunning,” “wildly inventive,” and “hysterically funny.” Although it is almost impossible to describe, people of all ages agree that Blue Man Group’s Venetian Show is an intensely exciting and wildly outrageous experience that leaves the entire audience in a blissful, euphoric state. Join the celebration and experience this one-of-a-kind performance for yourself. "

I'm not so sure I was blissful or euphoric but I was pleased.

I would also recommend sitting as close to the stage as possible although be advised that close guests had to be covered in clear plastic to keep from getting wet and the show does involve audience participation.

Dress Code: I saw people in shorts and tennis shoes admitted but this is a theater and a collared shirt and long pants for men and a dress or resort-casual clothes for a woman would be more appropriate.

• Theater Travel

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

The Blue Man Group: Paint everywhere!

by HotSpotJ Written Nov 5, 2005

The Blue Man Group is a very cool show that is currently playing at The Venetian. Not that expensive compared to some, this show is well worth the money. Be prepared though, don't sit in the very front row, it can get messy!!!

• Casino and Gambling

• mwenn2100's Profile Photo

The Blue Man Group: Despite the price, a good show

by mwenn2100 Written May 4, 2005

My jaw dropped at the price tag, but what the heck, I thought I'd give it a chance. I had originally wanted to see a Cirque performance, but they were "dark" on the day we could go. So... we settled on BMG. Honestly, I wasn't all that excited to go, but they won me over during their performance.

It was actually a lot of fun! The had some great music to go along with their routine. If you don't know about the show, I won't spoil it, but it does require audience participation. Also, all of the Blue Men and musicians were on hand afterward for pictures with the audience members.

Dress Code: Causal Dress

• Theater Travel

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

The Blue Man Group: A great show

by Carmela71 Written Oct 22, 2004

After checking the options we booked in advance to see them, checking online for good seats that finally where not so good (seats where very forward and to see scenary you could not seat properly.

anyway the show is great and I will visit again if I come back ....

• Radiomom's Profile Photo

A Unique Laughter-inducing Machine

by Radiomom Written Aug 25, 2002

The Blue Man Group has a perfect show for Vegas. A large group of us went one night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't bring my camera, but I'll see if I can find a shot from someone who did. It also gave us an opportunity to see the Luxor, which is a huge black glass pyramid hotel and casino.

Dress Code: Oh puh-leeze. Vegas has no dress code.

• rstary's Profile Photo

Go to a show. We went to Blue...

by rstary Written Aug 25, 2002

Go to a show. We went to Blue Man Group.
    They pull members from the audience for participation in the show.

Dress Code: Casual