Bay Side Buffet at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas

by fmgl
  • SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Bay Side Buffet at Mandalay Bay: Eat your Fill of Good Food

by SabrinaSummerville Updated Feb 19, 2011

BY and large we ate at pretty upscale eateries in Vegas, but one morning we decided we'd try one of the inexpensive eat all you can buffets. We chose this one as our hotel was part of the Mandalay Bay complex, and it was quite simply convenient.

There was a queue to ge tin and the tables were formica topped - not something I'm used to outside of McDonalds. It was busy and crowded, but the queue moved fast.

To be honest, although the food was plentiful I didn't like it and I wouldn't be rushing back. Perhaps my palate was spoiled from all the perfect Four Seasons breakfast food, but to me there was a slightly unpleasant taste from the food at the Bay Side buffet.

It would be ideal for families or for those who like a huge feed after a heavy night of drinkiing.

It wasn't for me.

• LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

Bay Side Buffet at Mandalay Bay: Champagne Brunch at Bay Side

by LostBoyPN Written Jun 24, 2005

You might start thinking all I do in Vegas is eat at buffets. Not true. I go a lot so these tips are from experiences spread out over time. The Bay Side Buffet is decent. It ranks below the Rio and Mirage buffets, but has a nice view if you're near the windows. The "bay" is the Mandalay Bay's faux bay, but at least it's something. Get some orange juice and make Mimosa's with the endless champagne. Yes, you can drink at all hours here! The food is just so-so, but it's plentiful.

Favorite Dish: For brunch, can't beat a made-to-order omelette. Is that spelled right?

• conark's Profile Photo

Bay Side Buffet at Mandalay Bay: not in my top 5

by conark Written May 29, 2005

for as nice of a hotel as Mandalay Bay, their buffet is nothing spectacular. a great atmosphere for certain as you'll be emersed in the southeast asian tropical spot with a nice view of the palm trees jutting outside. but let's not kid ourselves: the purpose of eating at a buffet is to eat, not observe. the setup is simple and has that resort feel, but the items available are limited went for breakfast and their servings are decent just nothing memorable. the usual stuff like the made-to-order omlette station, fresh fruit, etc. but i wasn't blown away by anything that morning. and i was hungry!

Favorite Dish: seafood scrambled eggs. nice little dish that i've not had elsewhere. mixes salmon with the eggs. gives it a nice sea texture.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Bay Side Buffet at Mandalay Bay: Just OK at the Bay

by PinkFloydActuary Written Mar 22, 2005
    Bayside Buffet

I found this buffet to be a little disappointing. It's not as high priced for lunch as the Bellagio or Aladdin, but it's not on the cheap side either. The selection was a lot more limited for the main courses. What they did serve (italian sausage dish, pizza, roasts) was OK, but I just felt a little shafted with the limited selection. On the positive side, the desserts were pretty tasty, and they had fresh berries at the salad bar - something I don't often see.

Favorite Dish: Definitely the berries (blackberries and raspberries) I don't know if they put these out often, but they were very fresh and tasty.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Bay Side Buffet at Mandalay Bay: Bay Side Buffet at Mandalay Bay

by goingsolo Updated Jan 5, 2005

Mandalay Bay

This was my favorite of the buffets I've tried thus far. At $16.50 per person for lunch, its more expensive than others, but the selection and the food were great. Chinese Italian, Cajun soup, salad, meat, cheese, seafood and a large table of desserts. The Bayside Buffet is a bit less extensive than others, but the food served here was better than most.

The Chinese food was excellent, especially the Szechuan chicken and fried rice. Normally, I wouldn't recommend mixing Chinese with jambalaya and fried fish, but its a Vegas buffet and all of the above were great. Dessert was great too, but I was too full to eat most of it.

If you're into the Vegas buffets, don't miss this one. Just make sure to come hungry.

Favorite Dish: Szechuan chicken. Very spicy but very good.

• LowBrow's Profile Photo

Bay Side Buffet at Mandalay Bay: Variety and quality

by LowBrow Updated Aug 30, 2002

Fresh hot and cold dishes, just like a typical buffet, only better. Plus it was like $15 for all you could eat. Also, the view is great as it overlooks the Pool.

Favorite Dish: Considering this is a buffet, the menu is huge! I think I tried 10 different items. Superb.

• fmgl's Profile Photo

Bay Side Buffet at Mandalay Bay: love the food

by fmgl Written Sep 16, 2004

talking about fresh,fresh fresh seafood!.....this picture shows Mandalay BAy Hotel in the background.

Favorite Dish: Sea bass on cream sauce