Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas

by nicolaitan
  • fishandchips's Profile Photo

Buffet at Bellagio: Bellagio Buffet

by fishandchips Written Oct 27, 2012

It's a very popular place!! The queues are often long with wait times of up to an hour for dinner so you need to be keen! We had breakfast and dinner here while staying at the Bellagio. Both were okay with a pretty fair amount of choice. The dinner queue was really long and it took us just on an hour to get to the front of the queue and have our feed. At $30 each it's not cheap though not too bad value given the choice and eat until you bust approach. It's a good option if you're staying here and don't want to walk too far - plenty of cheap fast food options on the strip if you have your walking shoes on.

Ready to do breakfast

• lizscoular's Profile Photo

Picasso: Great dining with a wonderful view!

by lizscoular Written Sep 15, 2011

The decor is subdued, but upscale. The restaurant looks out on the Bellagio fountains. There are 2 fixe prix menus. We chose the $123/person, which included 5 courses. Each course was outstanding.

Favorite Dish: I loved the foix gras appetizer, and the lamb tenderloin for the main course was outstanding.

• Luxury Travel

• azabeti's Profile Photo

The Buffet: Buffet at the Bellagio

by azabeti Updated Apr 4, 2011

My brother has lived in Vegas for the past 10 years. Needless to say he's tried about every buffet in town. He rates the buffet at the Bellagio one of the best he's been to.
    The dinner buffet is the one that you want to go to. This one offers more variety than the lunch buffet. It also includes steamed crab legs and other seafood that are not available for the lunch buffet.
    The dinner portion of the buffet starts at 4pm and will run you about $35 per adult.

• The Buffet at Bellagio: King of Buffets

by SaraBuffet Updated Apr 4, 2011

I think Bellagio's buffet is still one of the best in Las Vegas. The wait can be a PIA though. My husband and I like trying their Friday and Saturday dinners b/c they usually have a new variety of choices. I think Wynn's buffet is a close second to Bellagio's. A tip, which I read on http://www.vegasrex.com/buffets/bellagio/ is to go at the end of lunch and stay for dinner. We've done that and it works. The wait is much shorter as well.

Favorite Dish: pre-split crab legs and chocolate covered jumbo strawberries

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo

Palio at Bellagio: Informal Dining with an Italian Touch

by nicolaitan Updated Oct 31, 2010

For a quick, informal, and relatively inexpensive breakfast or lunch, Palio is a very nice choice. It is located across from the Gelato place in a relatively quiet hall off the casino, a bit less hectic than most areas at the Bellagio. Named after the famed horse race in Siena, it is decorated with the flags and insignia of the Siena neighborhoods that participate - a nice touch. The window tables overlook the pool area, an unexpected bonus. There are a few tables outside in front for people watching.
    Offerings include croissants and muffins, sandwiches, and salads with some of the best coffee we had in Las Vegas, served in large cups with free refills. All the offerings were large - we shared a large and surprisingly good apple muffin with the coffee. Sandwiches and salads at adjacent tables should only have tasted as good as they looked. And the counter help was friendly as well and made no attempt to rush us.

Palio is not cheap, but it is certainly one of the most inexpensive dining offerings in the Bellagio complex. Our muffin and coffees were about $12. The sandwiches and salads were mostly in the $10-15 range. We think Palio is an excellent choice for breakfast or lunch. Most internet reviews are positive on the food and negative on the pricing, no surprise.

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

The Buffet at Bellagio: All You Could Ever Want/Eat

by msbrandysue Written Oct 28, 2009

The Buffet is most known for the dinners, especially on the weekends when they have King Crab, Filet Mignon, etc. But at the price of $50 per person, not including drinks, it made it a bit tricky to talk my dad and aunt into. So I got my way with breakfast, a more economical $20 meal.

However, when I turned 21...so...5 years ago I went for the dinner with my grandma and mom and it was yummy. In fact, I blame Bellagio for giving me my obsession with sushi!

It's very nice. I would highly recommend going at an off-hour before the lines get long. On Fridays and Saturday nights plan to wait (standing) for about an hour. And they don't give you a buzzer thing, either. It's right in front of the casino too so it kinda sucks watching all those people having fun and you're waiting in line for an hour.

But, I digress, back to breakfast. The breakfast was delicious. Anything you could ask for ... in every country. And during breakfast you can continue to bet with the game of Keeno (alike Bingo and/or the lottery.

The only people I wouldn't recommend this for would be....those dieting!

Favorite Dish: My favorite this time would have to be the breakfast pizza, crispy bacon and scrambled eggs. Waffle bars were available too as well as all the fresh fruit you could eat.

• RheaM's Profile Photo

The Buffet at the Bellagio: So Many Choices!

by RheaM Updated Sep 2, 2009

I actually really enjoyed the Buffet at the Bellagio. We went for brunch and the selection was endless and all very tasty.

I really enjoyed the french toast as well as the omelet area. We did have some King Crab legs and they we also very good, I thought they tasted very fresh.

My husband had some more adventurous non breakfast items and they were pretty tasty. The exotic dishes were not as good as the American Classics.

The only bad part about the buffet was the tremendous wait- I think we waited over an hour to get in, it was however, Valentines day and everywhere you looked were couples. In fact we were seated next to some cute newlyweds.

Be careful- it is easy to go overboard on the desert here- we needed a nap after, in VEGAS!

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

Sensi: For a whole new experience

by RAINBOWWINGS Written Jul 17, 2009

What a beautiful restaurant this is...all stone and waterfulls. But even better is the food.

A mixture of Asian/Italian with something to delight the palate of everyone.

The seafood couldnt be anymore fresh as they take it direct from the tank to the cooker.

Quiet seating, tables or boothes or hugh round tables for large parties placed between 4 bustling kitchens and a silent sommelier!! He never said a word!

Favorite Dish: Thai red curry scallops- Crispy Chilli prawns and oven baked halibut that melted in the mouth.

Dining area Duck and crab soup Golden caviar

Picasso: Picasso- fine dining at the Bellagio

by sue_stone Written Oct 17, 2008

The Bellagio is filled with excellent restaurants, and of the fine dining options, one called Picasso caught our eye, so we pre-booked a table for our first night in town. The restaurant is accessed via the Bellagio casino, and looks out over the lake. It has been awarded 2 Michelin Stars, and a AAA Five Diamond Award for seven consecutive years.

The dining room is grand and beautifully decorated - it is filled with Picasso paintings and ceramics. The professional but amiable service made us feel welcome and relaxed from start to finish.

The food is "French cuisine seasonally prepared with a Spanish influence". There was the choice of a degustation menu, or a fixed price, four course menu. We chose from the fixed price menu, and also opted for the Sommelier's wine pairing. This was not a cheap meal, but a memorable one.

Favorite Dish: To start, we had the Poached Oysters, garnished with Osetra Caviar, Sauce Vermouth; and the Warm Quail Salad with Sauteed Artichokes, Pinenuts. Both dishes were beautifully presented and the oysters were so good they earned a place in Alex's "Top 5 Oysters I have ever eaten" list.

Next up we both opted for the Sauteed Filet of Black Bass with Saffron Sauce and Cauliflower Mousseline - really delicious. Then for the 'main' course we had the Roasted Milk-Fed Veal Chop with Rosemary Potatoes and Au Jus; and the Sauteed Medallions of Fallow Deer with Caramelized Green Apples and Zinfandel Sauce. The deer was certainly the winning dish, I found the veal a little over-cooked.

Desserts were happily devoured, in particular my Warm Chocolate Fondant with Carmel Chocolate Ice Cream. The fondant was good, but the ice cream was exceptionally good and I could happily have eaten it all night.

Dinner at Picasso Dinner at Picasso Dinner at Picasso Dinner at Picasso Dinner at Picasso
    • Wine Tasting
    • Luxury Travel

Yellowtail Sushi Restaurant & Bar: Yellowtail Sushi in the Bellagio

by sue_stone Written Oct 17, 2008

While staying at the Bellagio, one evening a lighter dinner was required in-between drinking cocktails and hitting the casino, so we ventured to Yellowtail Sushi Restaurant, which is conveniently located in the casino area.

A fairly new addition to the Bellagio restaurant directory, Yellowtail is a very stylish looking place, with very attractive staff who seem to have shares in push-up bras.

Favorite Dish: We were seated at a high table in the front section of the restaurant, so unfortunately didn't have views of the lake and fountain. We weren't ravenous, so just ordered a few things to share. The standout item was the Salmon Nigiri - wow, the salmon was so melt-in-your-mouth that we promptly ordered another serve.

We also ordered the Grilled eggplant skewers with sweet miso, some Tuna sushi rolls, and the Popping spicy crab, which was a sushi roll with crab, cucumber, asparagus and a sprinkling of those pop-rock candies that pop and crackle in your mouth. Interesting.

Diner at Yellowtail Sushi Restaurant & Bar Yellowtail Sushi Restaurant & Bar Yellowtail Sushi Restaurant & Bar
    • Wine Tasting

The Buffet at the Bellagio: The Buffet at the Bellagio - all you can eat

by sue_stone Written Oct 17, 2008

I don't really 'do' buffets, basically cause I can't eat that much in one sitting so I never feel like they are good value for me. Oh, and nothing compares to the brunch buffet I once had at the Delano Hotel in Miami. Anyhoo, that said, it seemed like having a meal at the Bellagio Buffet was one of the 'things to do' whilst in Vegas, so we did.

We turned up at around 11am on a Sunday and there was a queue out into the casino. Thankfully it moved quickly, so our tummies weren't grumbling for too long. You have to pay before you are seated, and they ask if you want to leave your tip in advance, or at the table. We opted for the table option, unsure how much service we wanted to pay for at a 'self-service' restaurant.

We were shown to our table and then sat there waiting till eventually our waitress arrived and took our drink orders. Service was pretty non-existent after that.

Favorite Dish: So, the buffet. There was a massive selection of food - everything from cornflakes to pizza to scrambled eggs to sushi to cakes to roast beef. There were chefs cooking dishes in front of you, so you knew that (some) things were nice and fresh.

We didn't pile our plates too high, though after a couple of visits to the buffet we were pretty much full and unfortunately didn't sample anything worth mentioning.

The Buffet at the Bellagio The Buffet at the Bellagio Some of the 'breakfast' I had The Buffet at the Bellagio

• The Buffet at the Bellagio: Don't be Ripped off! Serves you cheap Food!

by angelmahass Written Aug 23, 2008

This was the worse dining experience I've ever had in my life. I had Friday night dinner here. Firstly, there is a sign that said a 18% gratuity fee would be added for parties of 8 or more, but we only had 2 people, and our cashier included the 18% gratuity fee on our bill without mentioning anything to us. Also to get in, there was a long wait, about thirty minutes to an hour, but when we got inside, we saw that at least 1/2 of the restaurant was empty, the tables were just not cleaned. Our waiter was very nice, but she wasn't very attentive; we had to ask her for refills on our drinks our used dishes were left on the table for a long time before it was cleaned. The empty dirty tables around us were not cleaned and seated with diners until around 15 minutes after we got our food.

We were really excited to eat here because this was supposedly the "Best Buffet in Vegas" and Friday dinner was supposed to include some special dishes such as kobe beef and venison, etc. The kobe beef was extremely well-done and it was so hard to even chew on it, one bite was enough for me. The first time we got the venison, it tasted pretty good, but the second time, there was a new rack, and just like the kobe beef, it was overcooked. The prime rib, usually my favorite dish, was no good either. How can anyone mess up prime rib?? Every dish looked like it was sitting out for a long time. Even the newly replaced ones. The WORSE part of the dinner were the KING CRAB LEGS! We got a large plate of them because they are usually real good. After eating a piece, I completely lost my appetite. The crab meat was dry, rough, hard to chew, and really salty. The diners around us apparently felt the same. We saw that dishes full of uneaten king crab legs were left on the tables to be cleaned all around our vicinity. We tried the chinese food because we thought it might be a safer choice. The greens looked a bit old and dry, but it was still actually one of the better dishes. We got some fried rice, some singapore noodles, and buns. The buns were ROCK solid on the outside. The noodles were really dry and it was like leftover food taken from a cheap chinese food place. The fried rice, was the same, dry and old. But what shocked me about it were the ingredients used in it, one of the cheapest meats one can find at a chinese marketplace, dry salted pork belly. It's extremely fattening, and $1 can buy you a large piece. The sushi looked uneatable. I work part-time at a Japanese restaurant so I know how the fish is supposed to look like when its fresh, or when its not that fresh, but good enough to be eaten. Even some cheaper buffets that I've been to ($15 a person) had better sushi than here. The fish was obviously discolored. And nope, of course I did not try it, I could barely even set my eyes on the sushi station without my stomache churning. We tried the tortellini, they had two kinds, cheese and spinach. Both were good/decent.

The dessert was the only really good part of our dining experience here at the Bellagio Buffet. I had the creme brulee which was surprisingly delicious, the dark chocolate hazelnut tart, and chocolate covered strawberries. I really wanted to try the bread pudding, but only there were only tiny leftover pieces in the two places where it was served. I waited around five minutes for them to bring out new ones, but they didn't. My boyfriend, who refused to trust anything prepared by chefs after the king crab legs, refused to eat the desserts even when I told him they were good. He ended up eating a plate of fruit and bananas (which you have to ask for) for dessert.

We stayed a total of less than 45 minutes. The guys sitting next to us came after us, and left before us with plates full of food still on their table. I've never eaten dishes that tasted so bad at a restaurant. It's not even that we expected it to be such a high standard and they didn't reach it, they were just way below standard. And to be hailed as one of the best buffets in Vegas is laughable. If I knew the quality of the food (not even counting their service and cleaning issues) beforehand, I would never have came, even if it cost $10 per person. It's simply not worth it.

• The Buffet at Bellagio: The Standard for Action Buffets

by davidtheferret Written Jul 16, 2008

The Bellagio may not have invented the action buffet, but they certainly have perfected it. An action buffet is one at which the food is cooked in small batches, usually in front of your eyes, so that it is always fresh. At the Bellagio over half the dishes are prepared this way, including the sushi, specialty salads, and of course, sliced to order meats.

Dinner (and to a lesser extent lunch) is special at the Bellagio buffet. Breakfast is good but pretty standard. So this review is mainly about dinner.

The selection is so extensive that you probably won't be able to even sample everything, but here a few things not to miss. There are several stations at which meats are sliced, and they vary day to day. Beef Wellington is always available at dinner and is better than decent. Look for the more exotic offerings, such as goose (usually only around Christmas), buffalo, venison, and duck. Some of the vegetable dishes are very fine indeed -- have a look at the Chinese station in particular. Of course, the old reliables are here too, such as crab legs and shrimp, both very good. Desserts are extensive and more than adequate but the rest of the buffet is so good that I rarely have much room left.

One drawback -- crowds, especially during holiday periods. Try off hours (4:00 is good) or non-weekends. If you are a big gambler, you can get a line pass form the slot host located in the middle of the casino floor. Good luck!

Favorite Dish: The Bellagio buffet does goose and duck very well. This is probably because they are freshly roasted, so the skin is crisp and the meat tender and juicy. They also have show a good touch with the spicing.

• clueless83's Profile Photo

A stand inside the Bellagio: The best chocolate milkshake ever!

by clueless83 Written Mar 22, 2008

When making our way around the strip one evening we strolled past the Bellagio and wanted to get across the street to Ballys. Inside one of the entrances there is a stand that sells drinks and snacks. I bought a chocolate milkshake and it was the best chocolate milkshake ever! Admittedly the Bellagio isn't the cheapest place to go but hey!

• doug48's Profile Photo

bellagio: casino dining

by doug48 Written Jan 26, 2008

the bellagio has an excellent selection of restaurants to choose from. the following is a list of restaurants at the bellagio.
    fine dinning:
    circo, jasmine, le cirque,michael mina, picasso, prime steakhouse.
    contemporary dinning:
    sensi, olives, fix, noodles.
    casual dinning:
    cafe bellagio
    pool cafe
    check out their website for information and reservations.

the bellagio