Bertolini's, Las Vegas

• Bertolini's
    by shrimp56
  • Bertolini's
    by shrimp56
    What are you having today?
    by keida84
  • birchy99's Profile Photo

Bertolini's: ITALIA AT THE FORUM SHOPS' CENTER

by birchy99 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Well, if you want to go Italian for dinner I guess this place is as good as any. First of all it is huge. You can sit inside or "outside." So, it really isn't outside, it only feels that way. The ceilings of the Forum Shops are blue with lacy clouds and the light is altered so that it appears you are enjoying an afternoon stroll though Rome. It is truly realistic.
    Anyway, to get back to the restaurant; it is such a big place that you really have no trouble getting seated. There seemed to always be room. The place is bustling with waiters and buspersons and customers coming and going. Service is fast and the food is....well, very Italian.

Favorite Dish: Actually, we didn't really sample the menu very thoroughly. We were on our way to attending an everning show down the Strip and we didn't want to over burdon our tummies with too much pasta, so we chose the ministone soup. It was very good. Served with good Italian bread and cheese it hit the spot.
    I really would like to have done a more complete job of tasting the offerings, but one must not indulge too heavily when a big evening is ahead.

• keida84's Profile Photo

Bertolini's: Dine under an everchanging sky

by keida84 Updated Apr 4, 2011

What are you having today?

Betolini's restaurant is located in the Forum shops at Ceasar's Palace. We had eaten here once before, so my husband insisted we come back to this restaurant on our recent visit to Las Vegas. At first my sister in law, Heather and I had a bit of trepidation about the place after 2 young hostesses on Bertolini's staff complained and used foul language about a party of 4 within our earshot. I thought to myself if the wait staff was this rude and impolite then we were out of there. Much to my relief the wait staff was nothing but exeptional. The food was delicious and we were well tended by the serving staff. We called the manager, Haley, over and let her know that we were pleased with the service but perhaps she should talk to the two hostesses and let them know that they are the ones that set the tone for the first impression of the restaurant, she agreed readily. All in all this is a very good restaurant and the view is marvelous.

Favorite Dish: The starter bread basket was good with an olive type spread atop it. Brick oven fired Basil Pesto pizza for my husband, my brother and I had Chicken Pannini sandwiches with onion rings straws and I am at a loss for what she had but she commented to me that it was very good.

• Bertolini's: Great value, fine dining,

by Refosco Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bertolini's is located at the Caesar's Palace. It is not one of the most famous restaurants in Vegas. Well, it should be. Situated in a small "plaza" inside the hotel, next to a gorgeous fountain sculpture, Bertolini's surprised me and my wife for quality and prices.
    We are Italians, but we live in the USA for years, so we are used to the fact that when you go to an Italian restaurant, you eat everything but...Italian.
    Bertolini's cuisine, although not as sophisticated as IL FORNAIO (at the NY, NY, see review), offers a pretty truthful italian cuisine. The dishes are not overwhelmed with sauces, like in most of italian restaurants in the USA.
    A very good news was to discover that the wine list offers a nice selection at very decent prices, much lower than the ones we find in South Florida.
    We enjoyed our dinner with a bottlke of Sangiovese, a hearthy but not overwhelming red. Sangiovese is the kind of red wine you can have even with light food and some seafood, because it is tasty but delicate. It does not have the aggressivness of a Cabernet Franc, not the roundness and after taste of a Villa Antinori Chianti, meaning it will not overwhelmed the taste of light food.

Favorite Dish: First of all they have extra virgin olive oil, which is the first test for an italian restaurant.
    The spaghetti clams I had were surprisingly cooked perfectly al dente, the clams were not drown in cream sauce (which is definitely a plus factor) and were done gently, with a subtle garlicky taste that complemented them without messing with their taste.

NOTE: for price per person rating, wine is included. Me and my wife spent a bit more but I had an extra glass and we both finished with sambuca after the espressos.
    Also: when I rated "less expensive than average" I obviously refer to restaurants of a similar category (high quality) not the general average in Vegas).

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Bertolini's: When in Rome...

by Etoile2B Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bertolini's

Bertolini's features standard Italian fare located in the heart of the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace. Due to the unique “changing sky” above the Forum diners can simulate dining al fresco while indoors. The food is adequate, nothing special, but it’s great for a bite after a long afternoon of shopping. And the unique setting only adds to the experience. Bertolini’s is good for lunch or dinner, but not necessarily a restaurant to “go out of your way for” in Vegas.

• soccergrrl's Profile Photo

Bertolini's: Italian from a Steak Chain

by soccergrrl Updated Apr 4, 2011

We didn't know it at the time, but this is actually a chain -- and it's owned by Morton's, the steak people. The food was delicious (and very, very plentiful!), and the service was friendly. The atmosphere was comfortable but classy.

Favorite Dish: I had chicken with lemon and capers; it was a little salty, but really very delicious. As with many US restaurants, the portion was much too large. It left me wishing I had a place to keep leftovers.

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Bertolini's: Dine with the Gods

by shrimp56 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Bertolini's is now TREVI and is one of the many eating options at Caesar's Forum Shops -- its location under some rather impressive columns and statuary adds to the ambiance of a delicious Italian meal. They do accept walk-ins, so you can have the atmosphere on the spur of the moment, IF you dine early.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas