Buffet At The Mirage, Las Vegas

by goingsolo
    Back for More!
    by lmkluque
  • lmkluque's Profile Photo

Hotel and Casino Buffets: Casino Buffets, the Way to Go!

by lmkluque Updated Dec 21, 2012

Back for More!

The prices vary depending on the Hotel or Casino. This is a table at La Mirage the price was pretty high and the food was just as good as any of the other places. Expect to wait for a table in the more popular hotels.

Favorite Dish: I usually like the prime rib, it's served from manned stations and your portion is cut from the roast as thin or thick as you like. Most people take a little or a lot of everything!

• Casino and Gambling

• Graeme_Webb's Profile Photo

Cravings: Mirage Buffet - Best Yet

by Graeme_Webb Written Mar 23, 2009

Superb!
    Everything from the layout and decor to the food is Superb!

We ate here a few times, and despite trying other buffets this one is our favorite.
    The look of the place is good, very clean, modern and less crowded than some of the other buffets.
    You may have to wait in line a litte while but its worth it.

The food here ranges from Italian to Seafood, and everything I have eaten here tasted above average. The salads are made for you on demand, you say what you want in it and the server adds it into your bowl. The range of salad is impressive.
    And even something simple like pizza is done well, have a look at the olive wood burning pizza oven as you enter on the left!

Love this Buffet, and only a few bucks more than some of the other buffets on the strip.

Favorite Dish: Too many to pick only one

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Cravings Buffet: Craving Cravings

by PinkFloydActuary Updated May 18, 2008
    Cravings Buffet

As more of Vegas has gone upscale, so have the buffets. Per our regular methods - we decided to try Cravings for lunch to avoid the ridiculous dinner prices. The line to get in on a weekday afternoon was a little on the brutal side - we waited a good 20-30 minutes and we specifically went after the normal lunchtime rush. Once we got in, the wait was worth it. There were all the normal stations you would expect (mexican, italian, etc.), with a good seafood station as well. The layout is quite vast - the stations surround almost the entire outer wall of the dining area, so you will have to walk around a bit to see it all. The dessert station is top notch, including a gelato station with a variety of flavors. I rank this one up with the top tier of Vegas (Bellagio, PH, Wynn), and the price is unfortunately up there as well ($20 after tip for lunch)

• heryanta's Profile Photo

Cravings (Mirage's Buffet): Gotta try it once

by heryanta Written Jul 22, 2007

The buffet at Mirage and Belaggio is very famous and if you are in Las Vegas you need to try it at least once to see what it is all about.

To me it really is more of a visual experience rather than a good gastronomical one. There's something about seeing that much food, both in variety and quantity for your to try that makes you feel good. The crab legs and cocktail prawns were average at best. Pizza and pasta was decent. The noodle and wonton was blend; but dessert was good so it kind of salvages the whole experience in the end :)

I'd still advise you to go though, it's an experience of its own.

• sarahandgareth's Profile Photo

Buffet At The Mirage: Champagne Brunch!

by sarahandgareth Updated Aug 7, 2006

Las Vegas is famous for its buffets, but the weekend brunch at the Mirage was really a step above the rest! The food (from traditional breakfast foods like pancakes and omelets to Mexican dishes and sushi) is varied and of excellent quality. Plus, they really did serve us as many mimosas as we could drink! It was exceptional value for money, especially since it served as two meals in one.

Favorite Dish: There were many memorable dishes, but the Mexican brunch dish - a kind of lasagne with spices and tortillas - was especially good, while all the fresh fruit made us feel very virtuous!

• LostBoyPN's Profile Photo

Buffet At The Mirage: Cravings: New Buffet at the Mirage

by LostBoyPN Written Jun 24, 2005

Cravings is a decent buffet. I get comps, so the price doesn't concern me. It's not a $3.99 special, though, so if you're looking for one of those, don't come here. They have a decent variety of food. I tend to stick with the Asian foods. Dim Sum lovers will like the shrimp and pot stickers. They have sushi and other favorites, too. Pizza and other fattening foods are abundant as well. The ice cream is really good, too.

Favorite Dish: Can't get enough of the Dim Sum-style shrimp and pot stickers. And the ice cream!

• queensgirl's Profile Photo

Buffet At The Mirage: Excellent Champagne Brunch on the Weekends!!

by queensgirl Written May 16, 2005

I love the food, the champagne and the service. The seafood they had was good but the champagne and the mimosas were even better. I stayed there for 2 hours maybe alittle more which is unusual for me. It is well worth the $20.00.

Favorite Dish: cocktail shrimp

• conark's Profile Photo

Buffet At The Mirage: Went Here Twice This Weekend

by conark Written Dec 5, 2004

Took my friend here this past weekend after hearing some good reviews. I must say that this place definitely lives up to the hype. They have an excellent selection, the dining area is widespread and there's so much good stuff, you're going to want to return a few more times. We went for dinner and breakfast/lunch. They offer very good pizza even for breakfast with specialties like bacon or ham/sausage. The Chinese was quite delicious as well. Some people have noted that the dessert section is lacking; that's kinda true but they also offer sugar free desserts which is a big plus. Overall, highly recommended.

Favorite Dish: 1) Mexican lasagna (don't know the name); just really tasty
    2) Pizza - excellent, wood burned pizza that you can see them bake. The mushroom pizza is v. good.
    3) Corned beef hash - first place i've been to where they really put effort into making this fresh. They dice the potatoes and mix with lightly grilled onions and large chunks of corned beef.
    4) this small pudding I can't think of. but definitely the best dessert hands down at this place.

• slabeaume's Profile Photo

We have a couple favorites, at...

by slabeaume Written Aug 26, 2002

We have a couple favorites, at this point----
    The first one is the buffet at the Mirage. It was recommended to us by some gamblers who heard us trying to decide where to eat on our first trip. It was so good, we've been back there twice. I love the lush tropical forest design inside the Mirage, too.
    I asked for the recipe of the macaroons and the server actually went and got it for me!

Favorite Dish: everything on the buffet---especially the prime rib and the macaroons!

• 1. Mirage buffet 2. the...

by gilly12 Written Aug 24, 2002

1. Mirage buffet 2. the coffee shop at Rio.
    1. $10 for lunch
    2. To the best of my recollection, the steak-n-eggs is only about $5 and it's delicious!!! but only available from like midnight to 5 am.

Favorite Dish: 1. it's a buffet, that's the beauty of it. On every trip to Vegas, I always make at least one stop here for a 'thanksgiving' meal of fresh-sliced turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes.

2. steak n eggs

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Cravings buffet at the Mirage: Cravings buffet at the Mirage

by goingsolo Written Jun 7, 2004

Mirage Hotel

This was my favorite of the buffets I visited. The food was pretty good- the usual variety but good and the price wasn't too bad, especially when compared to the Bellagio.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas