Canaletto, Las Vegas

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 7 Reviews

Venetian Hotel

• Looking out at faux St. Mark's, Canaletto
    Looking out at faux St. Mark's,...
    by Rixie
  • Rixie's Profile Photo

Canaletto: Dine in Luxury

by Rixie Updated Apr 4, 2011

Looking out at faux St. Mark's, Canaletto

Canaletto offers, above all, an amazing setting for dinner. Our dining room overlooked "the dome" of the Venetian - an artificial sky painted and illuminated to look like those last minutes before sunset. It seems so real that you're startled to realize that it's 10:00 at night, and the light still hasn't changed.

The entrees were pretty good; I had some tasty salmon, and my friends enjoyed the pasta. On the other hand, the bread, although baked that day, was only so-so on taste, and the dessert pastries had been frozen and thawed.

Canaletto is very expensive and would not have been on my list, but this was a formal dinner paid for by the company. "Free" works for me!

• Luxury Travel

• Canaletto: Excellent Italian Fare in a Beautiful Atmosphere

by MayorDW Updated Apr 4, 2011

My wife and I followed our gondola ride in the canals of the Venetian with dinner in this wonderful restaurant. Located on the canal, you can choose between seating "outside" in the plaza or, as we chose, inside in a quiet, intimate, comfortable booth.
    Our waiter was very attentive, helpful and had a wonderful personality. He made the meal fun.
    After sharing a wonderful appetizer, my wife had flat pasta and lobster, and I had the excellent Osso Buco. The food was outstanding. We, of course, had wine. We ordered it by the glass, so that we could change from white with the appetizer to red with the main course.
    After the main course, we each selected a killer dessert from the dessert menu, accompanied by excellent coffee.
    Our total bill with tip was $160.00, but we tried to experience as much as could from the menu. I'm certain that we could've eaten much cheaper if we'd wanted to.
    We had many great meals during our week in Vegas, but this was, by far, the best restaurant experience that we had while there in February of 2008.
    Excellent food, great service and wonderful ambiance. Can't wait to go back.

• Canaletto: Gret Ambiance, Good Food

by acsproul Updated Apr 4, 2011

The ambiance at Canaletto is wonderful. The setting is like an outdoor trattoria but it is indoors. Canaletto is inside the Venetian so you have the painted and lighted sky above you while you eat. There are opera singers singing from balconies above you. The setting makes you feel like you are in Italy. The food was good, nothing amazing. There are so many restaurants to eat in Vegas, so much competition. There are many places with larger menus and or better food. Don't get me wrong, it was good food but just not spectacular.

• musbars's Profile Photo

Canaletto: Italian food

by musbars Updated Apr 4, 2011
    gandoliere

New and exciting restaurant concept. Venice Chef Maurizio Mazzon offers the spetial menu of wonderful Italian delicatecies.
    Located among The Grand Canal Shoppes in St. Mark's Square.
    We had the best lunch there!
    Enjoy the view of the canals and songs of gandolieres.

Favorite Dish: Fresh mediteranian Oysters,
    Delicious soup, and bread.
    Pasta!

• soccergrrl's Profile Photo

Canaletto: Italian (What Else?) at the Venetian

by soccergrrl Updated Apr 4, 2011

I'm pretty sure this is the one we ate at . . .
    ;-) We were hungry, and we needed to get seated right away, so my memory of the name isn't the best. The food was really delicious, though, and you could see into the kitchen -- every once in a while the oven flames would flare and it looked like the place was on fire.

Favorite Dish: I had a seafood pasta with shrimp, mussels, clams, etc. And the calamari appetizer we had was very well done. The batter was crispy and light and the calamari weren't at all tough or rubbery. The fresh-baked bread was tasty, too.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Canaletto: Canaletto in the Venetian Hotel

by sue_stone Updated Oct 19, 2008

Canaletto is an Italian restaurant located on "St Marks Square" inside the Venetian Hotel. We had dinner there one night and opted to sit on the terrace in the square. It really did feel like we were back in Venice at dusk.

We started with a glass of prosecco and reminisced about our last time in Venice. Then it was dinner time.

Favorite Dish: Our meal began with the Calamaretti Fritti and the Minestrone soup. Main course was the Veal shank braised in a marsala wine with porcini & shiitake mushrooms, served with saffron risotto; and the Fillet of seabass with tomatoes, artichokes, prosecco and saffron, served with organic sautéed spinach and roasted Yukon gold potatoes.

All the food was very enjoyable, and the couple of glasses of wine we had were very good value.

• Luxury Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Canaletto (Venetian Hotel)(St. Marks Square): great food in St Marks Square...no pigeons

by mapakettle Updated Dec 9, 2004

just to set the mood

Imagine yourself sitting in St.Marks Square in July, but with no pigeons to watch, only fellow slot feeders like yourself, preparing to order a bottle of wine. Same temperature, different country.

Canaletto is right on St. Marks Square in the Venetian Hotel, and if you use imagination, you can make yourself believe you're in Venice (sort of) The food is wonderful, best charbroiled steak I've 'ever' eaten, cuts like butter, and the pasta dishes, lots of imagine, great flavour, big $$$.

Favorite Dish: Charbroiled steak, good sized portion, fresh 'crisp' vegetables, and skin eating baked potato.

*** Just in...A friend took my advice and had a meal here. She found the steak to be tough, and the pasta bland. They were seated inside, and found the noise factor over whelming. Could it have been an off night, or has the quality changed. Love to hear other comments. Dec 10/04

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Canaletto
4.0 out of 5 stars