Combined Suggestions, Las Vegas

My daughter eating her yogurt
  • Madasabull's Profile Photo

Anywhere at all: Buffet

by Madasabull Updated Dec 19, 2013

Another great thing about Vegas, is the Buffet's. Nearly all the big hotels have one, and most of the biggest claim that theirs are the best.

The prices for most buffet's are what you might pay for an OK meal in an average restaurant, but but being able to choose what foods you want to eat, makes it a great experience, and a great and healthy way to eat, or unhealthy way to eat, which ever you choose.

If you dont like something, dont eat it, and get something else. The larger hotels offer some fantastic food choices, and food can include crab legs, prawns, steaks, and all the good meat and foods you pay a much higher price for in a standard restaurant, and you can have as much or as little (I didnt see anybody choosing little) as you like.

OK, so you wont likely find Lobster Thermidor, or Filet Mignon, but be reasonable, you are really paying not a lot for a lot.

While on a 3 week road trip of the West Coast, and a 6 week road trip of the Southern States of the USA, we would always try to find a casino or buffet restaurant to eat, either a buffet breakfast, or a buffet evening meal, would be enough to see us through until the next day, no problem, and no doubt saved us money too.

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

Blizz Frozen Yogurt: Delicious strawberry Tango Smoothie

by Africancrab Written May 26, 2013
    My daughter eating her yogurt

After a disappointing visit to the swimming pool, my daughter and I, decided to treat ourselves to something sweet and healthy. Well we had shopped for about 2 hours for a swim suit for my daughter (well she is a teenager now and it took her so much time to make up her mind about what she wanted). It was a little after 6:00 pm when we went to the pool, only to find it had closed at exactly 6:00 pm.

To wipe off the disappointment, we saw the Blizz Frozen Yogurt and we got ourselves each a treat.

Desire went with the yogurt, which I thought was wonderful, delicious, healthy; then I saw what else she had added onto the yogurt. gummy worms, M&Ms, and all kinds of candy and only 1 strawberry for $6.75.

I on the other hand opted for the smoothie; an infusion of strawberry, black berry, apple and a few other fruits. It was a delicious and healthy choice, it tasted absolutely delightful! A little expensive at $9.00 a cup, but delightful nonetheless.

We paid a total of $17.03 for the 2 items.

PS:"If it looks good, eat it" - Andrew Zimmermann

Favorite Dish: Yogurt

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

50's Diner: 50's Diner: Cool Mural ~ Just OK Food

by TravellerMel Updated Mar 21, 2013

We found this diner across the street from the hospice where my grandmother was staying. The interior is ok - chrome and pleather tables and chairs, 50's music playing - but the coolest thing is this hand-painted mural along the back wall. 50's movie and music icons, cars, filling station (the sign for which, according to my uncle, had accurate pricing). We had fun trying to figure out who was supposed to be who in the mural (James Dean and Marilyn Monroe were the most obvious). The owner is a young woman who was very friendly and personable.

Prices are quite reasonable - my sandwich and fries was $7.50. In all, I wouldn't go out of my way to come back here, but if I was in the area anyway, I wouldn't think twice.

Favorite Dish: The menu included breakfast all day, but we opted for lunch. I had the patty melt and fries which was very tasty and must have been about a million calories. I also tasted my mom's turkey guacamole sandwich which was also very good, but had too much mayonnaise for my taste. I also enjoyed my Diet Coke float.

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Babystacks Cafe: Cream cheese syrup!?!

by blueskyjohn Written Mar 6, 2013

A small location with plenty of parking. Bright inside and kind of a diner feel with no counter. I had the Red Velvet pancakes and my friend had the Lemon Crepe. The pancakes are available in a full or half order, full being 6 pancakes and half, 3. The most unique and tasty item was the cream cheese syrup that came with both the pancakes and the crepe. The only problem there is not enough of it. The pancakes were very dry. While I did receive more cream cheese syrup every time I asked, they only gave a small amount, so had to ask several times. The crepe was done perfectly, maybe a little thick, but delicious just the same.

Favorite Dish: The cream cheese syrup was very good.

• kevinism's Profile Photo

Blueberry Hill Family Restaurant: Don't Eat Here

by kevinism Written Feb 14, 2012

We went to this place because it was near to where my friend lives in Vegas.

We came here after a long night and I was not impressed. The waitress was overwhelmed. Way too many tables for just two waitresses and one busboy from what I could see.

My omelet was okay, nothing spectacular but a solid meal once I covered everything in gravy. There was lots of meat and it was gigantic. It did the trick, but it certainly wasn't YUMMY. They have an enormous menu with everything on it.

Not the greatest restaurant, but hopefully the manager will put more staff during peak hours to take care of guests.

If you're stuck in Vegas you should consider spending half as much at a casino buffet for breakfast, which will have (sadly) better food and quicker service than Blueberry Hill.

The service is what brings this dining experience from a 2 down to a 1. It was fifteen minutes before we even placed a drink order and getting water refills was as difficult as passing a kidney stone.

Favorite Dish: NONE

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Black Bear Diner: Great for the whole family!

by Yaqui Updated Jan 13, 2011

We always try to find something different when we visit Vegas and vegas has no shortage of restaurants. Yet, we try to eat off the strip since all the noise and activity can be a bit much for my younger son. A friend told me about this place, so we tried it out. What a great place. Our plates were full, so you get your monies worth here. Has neat decor since the whole place is covered in Black Bear decor. It seemed it was a very popular place for the locals.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Blizz Frozen Yogurt: Dessert time

by PinkFloydActuary Updated Dec 22, 2010
    Blizz - the wall of yogurt

After eating all you can eat prime rib, nothing settles the stomach more than a pile of frozen yogurt. So, we stopped at Blizz in the Mirage to help out with this need. Blizz offers a number of frozen desserts, but I headed straight for the wall of yogurt flavors. There, I secured a tub, and then had the opportunity to add whatever flavors to my tub I so desired. I decided to go for three flavors, but to be honest, I only remember one - the Red Velvet. Not that the other two were bad, but the red Velvet was out of this world. I immediately regretted taking up space in the tub with other flavors! Anyway, after you add your yogurt, there is a toppings bar, and finally you get to the cashier where you pay based on weight (of the yogurt.) I paid about $5 for my three servings, which seemed acceptable to me at the time, and definitely worth it as I ate. I wish this place were open past 10:00 at night, it would definitely satisfy those late night frozen dessert cravings!

Favorite Dish: Did I mention the Red Velvet yogurt?

• sarahcz's Profile Photo

Cappos: delicious food + old school vegas lounge singers!

by sarahcz Written Jul 1, 2009

Cappos (the Sahara location) is awesome~ my roommates and I head there bi-weekly for the 2 for 1 entree specials. It's a great place to bring out of town guests to impress them with some old school vegas charm off the strip. It's speakeasy style so be prepared to go in through the back door and then in through a phone booth. Seems like a perfect date spot with all of the rich red tones, dark wood, smokey mirrors and candles. The lounge singers and live jazz is always a nice touch, plus the staff has always bent over backwards to make sure we're having a great time... Entrees range around 14 - 28 bucks coming with yummy fresh bread and soup or salad~ portion size is very VERY big...

Favorite Dish: I'm a seafood kind of a gal and i really like their salmon.. it comes with with sides of either mushroom risotto (soooo good) or garlic mash and either soup or salad (the salads are great).. Their bruschetta is the best i've ever had. My only complaint is that I usually eat too much. I've never made it to the deserts....

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Chinatown Las Vegas: Asian Cuisine

by Yaqui Updated Jun 2, 2009

We discovered that Las Vegas has a China Town. It is graced by a lovely crafted traditional Chinese Arch. The centerpiece is of the plaza is graced by a beautiful gold statue of the Journey to the West of Xuan Zang and the Monkey God is from the classical Tong Dynasty-era Chinese literature. There are so many wonderful restaurants to choose from here. It would be hard for me. Just standing in the parking lot made us hungry. We plan on returning.

Capital Seafood Restaurant

4255 Spring Mountain Rd. #C100
    Open Hours:11AM-10PM
    364-1122

Emperor's Garden Restaurant
    Voted Best Chinese Restaurant Off the Strip by "Taste of Vegas"
    Madarin & Szechwan Cuisine

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

BJ's Brewhouse: yum!

by kimberlyfisher1 Written Mar 23, 2008

the pepperoni pizza!

Worth the drive across town to this nifty chain restaurant that features bar food at it's finest. Known for it's thick, crusty, cheesy pizzas...try the pepperoni or bbq chicken. More hand crafted beers on tap than most places, also boasts a specialty martini and margurita menu.

• wheellw's Profile Photo

Looking for Sushi?

by wheellw Written Mar 20, 2008

We enjoy eating Sushi often. Here are some suggestions when you are in Las Vegas.

Off the strip:
    "I Love Sushi" on Eastern Ave. A big locals favorite. This restaurant is in a little strip mall next to a beauty school and weight watchers, behind a Taco Bell. But, it is always full of people.
    "Osaka's" on Sahara Ave. not only has great sushi, but tepanyaki and tatami rooms. Take off your shoes and sit on the floor to enjoy great Japanese food.

• Andre's: An oasis in the desert!

by aycha Updated Sep 3, 2007

Cuisine: French

Andre's is a great place to celebrate any special occasion: valentines, anniversaries or birthdays...especially if its mine. Besides, the food is off the chain.

The crumb-scraping waiters are very accommodating and really go out of their way to make you feel at home. None of that aloofness the servers at Nobu are guilty of.

It's owned by the same chef, Andre Rochat, that owns Alize (at the Palms). There's also a branch in downtown Las Vegas, although I've never been to that one. This one is conveniently located on The Strip in the Monte Carlo.

It's impossible to hate on Andre's from a service standpoint. It's almost as hard to be critical of their food, but I would avoid their Chocolate and Grand Marnier Soufflés.

Favorite Dish: Pan Seared Foie Gras: On my very first time there, I initially ordered the cold version of this dish, but my waiter suggested otherwise. It's simply the best interpretation of this dish that I've ever ever had and you gotta have it.

The Sauteed Muscovy Duck Breast is a tender duck with olives infused with flavors from all sorts of herbs which is very good.

The Roasted Wild Boar is actually a special and not on their regular menu. The meat is a lot tastier and maybe gamier than regular pork...loved it.

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

Bahama Breeze: Feed your Island Spirit

by BLewJay Written Apr 26, 2007

This was a restaurant which Rachel Ray recommeneded on her show ($40.00/day), so we decided to try it....very good choice.

Favorite Dish: As an appetizer, we had the West Indies Patties (crispy pastry with savory beef filling served with seasoned sour cream and apple-mango salsa). For dinner, I had the Fresh Ahi Tuna Salad (premium center-cut Ahi Tuna, seared rare and served sliced over crisp mixed greens tossed with tropical vinaigrette, sweet peppers and cucumber-slaw, crisp tortilla strips, vine-ripened Roma tomatoes and a drizzle of peanut dressing) while LJ had the Almond Crusted Tilapia (sauteed with a lemon butter sauce and served with garlic smashed sweet potatoes).

• Beer Tasting

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Petrossian Paris & Cafe Bellagio: Bellagio Options

by shrimp56 Updated Feb 5, 2007

The contrast between the Petrossian Paris, obviously a caviar bar and Cafe Bellagio just off the conservatory is literally night and day. You'll find long lines at the cafe for standard grub -- while at Petrossian you can have a non-caviar snack and drink and watch the world go by with a view of the lobby action and the Chihuly glass ceiling. It's a no-brainer for me, but then I'm not towing 3 hungry children..

• birchy99's Profile Photo

Blackstone Steakhouse: Pretty Good Grits!!

by birchy99 Updated Oct 2, 2006

Well, this was the place Mrs. B and I tramped up and down the Strip looking for. We had the street number address but as you will see the hotels don't have street numbers on their buildings. Anyway, we had a family reunion at Blackstones.
    The steaks were great, the service impeccable and the prices, I suppose, pretty average for LV, but a little steep for us folks from out of town. Of course we splurged by having the whole shebang plus dessert and two or three bottles of wine plus before dinner drinks.
    But then again it was a fun time.

Favorite Dish: Meat, meat and more meat. I think most of us had either prime rib or New York steak. I had a beef filet which was devine. Dessert was also great, I believe I had a creme brulet, one of my favorites. My Zocor had to work overtime that night.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas