Ellis Island Restaurant and Brewery, Las Vegas

4 out of 5 stars 6 Reviews

4178 Koval Lane

• Ellis Island Casino, Restaurant, & Brewery
    Ellis Island Casino, Restaurant, &...
    by Nor_Cal_Brad
  • PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Ellis Island Restaurant and Brewery: One of the best deals in Vegas

by PinkFloydActuary Updated Jan 16, 2010
    The Steak Special

OK, the place isn't much to look at, but perhaps the best dinner deal in town can be found at the Ellis Island Restaurant (note - it's at the restaurant in the back, not the brewery). Advertised throughout the casino, they have a steak dinner special for $6.95 - a steak, potatoes, green beans and salad. We went on a Saturday night, and the wait was over an hour, but it was completely worth it. The steaks were done to how we ordered them, the green beans were crisp and tasty, and the potatoes were good as well. Top it off with large glasses of their microbrews for only $1.50, and you have one fantastic meal! If the wait is long - just hang out in the casino - they'll call you over the loudspeaker.

Favorite Dish: You can't go wrong with the steak dinner special!

• Nor_Cal_Brad's Profile Photo

Ellis Island Restaurant and Brewery: Best meal deal in Vegas is at Ellis Island!

by Nor_Cal_Brad Written May 29, 2008

Ellis Island Casino, Restaurant, & Brewery

The food is tasty and VERY INEXPENSIVE! The Ellis Island microbrews are pretty good too, and they give you a 20 oz. beer for only $1.50! The atmosphere is a bit different than on the Strip - it is not very well lit and it seems like locals and bums both go here. I went in at 4 AM and there was a guy passed out in one of the booths and a bum counting up change on his table for the $3.99 steak & eggs special. I felt like I was the upper crust of society compared to some of the other patrons. Still, the price can't be beat, and the food is pretty good as well. The service can be somewhat slow, and I hear there is a long wait during "normal" dinner hours, but I still highly recommend Ellis Island. I walked all the way from the Tropicana just to visit this restaurant, and I was not disappointed. They also have a pizza place and a grill with a full rack of ribs for $11, but I never made it to either of these other food places inside Ellis Island.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Steak dinner special. It is not on the menu, but if you ask for it they will know what you are talking about. It costs $7 and it comes with a thick 10 oz. filet cut (not a filet mignon, but still very good), potatoes (choice of baked, mashed, or french fries), vegetables (I received string beans with garlic), a salad, and a 20 oz. microbrew or root beer is included too. Much better than the $7 steak special at Excalibur. The $7 steak dinner special is served 24 hours a day.

• Casino and Gambling

• Ellis Island Restaurant and Brewery: gotta get the 5 dollar steak!!!!

by vegasbaby07 Written Jan 16, 2007

5 bucks for a 8 oz steak with a side of baked potato and veggies was delicious. It also came with salad and soup with no extra charge. so if you ever need to get re energized after all that gambling you should totally go here. The buffalo wings are also delicious!!

Favorite Dish: steaK!!

• toontown's Profile Photo

Ellis Island Restaurant and Brewery: Good hearty food without glamour off the Strip

by toontown Written Jul 15, 2006
    Ellis Island Restaurant Casino & Brewery

The days of inexpensive buffets and meals in Vegas are long gone but we heard this was once of the best deals in Vegas, not far off the Strip, so we went to check it out for brunch. The food was good, and the service was quick and friendly. No casino sign up was necessary, which was nice. The ambience was not great and could be characterized as "dingy casino" since the restaurant is right there on the edge of the casino.

Favorite Dish: My husband had steak for $4.95 and I had french toast with bacon for $3.50. The food was definitely good.

• Casino and Gambling

• JudiandBill's Profile Photo

Ellis Island Restaurant and Brewery: Don't expect flavor for $4.99!

by JudiandBill Updated Jan 28, 2006

From their site... $4.99 steak isn't pictured

We had read about the Ellis Island "not on the menu - but ask for the $4.99 steak"... so we did. It was filling - but the steak was a bit of a mystery meat! Bill's resembled a t-bone, and mine resembled a petite filet. Both were pretty much tasteless! But with a little A-1 Steak Sauce we managed. It comes with a baked potatoe or rice pilaf or mashed potatoes, green beans, and a salad. Best way to describe it was - cheap!

We went back two days later for their breakfast - knowing it was cheap too. Bill had a cheese omelet and said it was wonderful. I just had toast and a side of bacon. Their pepper bacon was quite tasty!

Favorite Dish: It would have to be the bacon we had for the breakfast meal.

• RudyVEGAS's Profile Photo

Ellis Island: You just gotta ask

by RudyVEGAS Written Mar 11, 2003

Ellis Island is another place for legendary food deals not on the menu.

The big draw is the $4.99 filet cut top sirloin available 24/7.

Other specials include $3.95 any menu item on Wed., $3.95 16 oz. Porthouse on Thursdays 4-10PM, $3.95 all you can eat Spaghetti and Meatballs on Sundays

Favorite Dish: I have only had the steak special and it was really good. I got extra lucky at the EI as I dropped a buck into a nickel machine on the way to the bathroom and hit for $30. Despite the always cheery decor of starving immigrant memorabilia and really dark dining room, I was glad i ate there.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas