Flamingo Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas

by nicolaitan
  • Flamingo Hotel and Casino
    by kimberlyfisher1
  • nicolaitan's Profile Photo

Basic Italian Fare at a Reasonable Price: Pizza Place at the Wynn Las Vegas Esplanade

by nicolaitan Written Oct 24, 2010

From the start, let me say that (with one glaring exception) the dining experience in Las Vegas was excellent, far better than anticipated. Not cheap, especially for the signature restaurants, but well prepared quality meals with excellent service throughout.

The Pizza Place near the entrance to the Wynn shopping mall offers a reasonably priced venue for well-prepared food. Decor is limited to wall mounted clocks and wide screen televisions tuned to sports channels. From a long counter selection, one selects meals and get a number from the patient staff. After paying, find a table. Shortly, a server calling out numbers arrives with the food. Menial job, nice helpful guy - also a standard in many of the restaurants we visited.

New York style pizza - typical toppings offered - was spicy enough with the pepperoni, not too greasy, and with a medium thickness crust. A Caesar salad was large enough to share and again quite good. Tuscan bean soup appeared to be basic minestrone with the beans added, but surprisingly good and a meal in itself. For a very good modestly priced ( for Las Vegas ) meal, the Pizza Place is an excellent choice.

Favorite Dish: Other offerings include sandwiches and paninis which certainly looked good enough and an array of tempting gelatos.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Ventuno Restaurant at the Flamingo Hotel: Italian Hideaway

by Gillybob Updated Sep 15, 2012

UPDATE : OCTOBER 2011

This restaurant has now changed and is no longer an Italian restaurant.

This restaurant has open and secluded seating just off the casino walkway from the tour lobby in the Flamingo Hotel. Staff are attentive and the food is great.

Favorite Dish: Great linguine with good sized portion.

• tere1's Profile Photo

Cafe Mastrioni: Fresh seafood and italian cuisine!

by tere1 Updated Aug 25, 2006

This restaurant offers excellent italian cuisine. It's a pleasant restaurant , family owned, with a nice amosphere and nicely decorated .

While I was staying in Las Vegas I had a delicious dinner there with my friends. We sampled for starters Bruschetta , Saucy Platter ( fried shrimp and calamari, mussels and conch with a spicy red sauce) and Clams Oreganate (topped with bread crumbs and baked).

As main courses with had the Penne with mushrooms (chicken breast sauteed with mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes in a pink marsala tomato sauce) and the Chicken Parmagiana (breaded chicken breast topped with marinara and mozzarella and baked ).

For dessert we had the house Tiramisu. Everything was delicious and I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who travels to Las Vegas!

• Business Travel

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo

Flamingo Buffet: All you can eat shrimp...

by bryINpoland Updated May 1, 2005

Love shrimp? On a budget? Flamigos buffet is the place to go for cheap all u can eat shrimp. Their buffet table is just over flowing with an endless supply of the tasty little creatures. Feel free to fill your plate up with the buggers, their aint no shortage of them here...

For more on the flamingo Buffet. Visit the following link...Paradise Garden Buffet

* Please feel free to rate this tip or any of my other tips. I am always looking to make improvements. Thank you...

• clueless83's Profile Photo

Flamingo Buffet: Lunch Buffet - not just seafood!

by clueless83 Written Jan 27, 2008

Alot of the reviews on here comment on the seafood, when I went to the lunchtime buffet I don't recall seeing any seafood. There was a fairly good selection of food (the MGM Grand Dinner Buffet had more choice but I don't know if thats because it was a dinner buffet and slightly more expensive). We didn't have to queue when we went to the Flamingo at lunchtime so that was a bonus.

Best bit - the view of the flamingo garden while you eat

Worst bit - the iced tea. Do not order iced tea here, it is literally like regular cold tea - URGH!

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Flamingo Buffet: Breakfast Buffet at the Flamingo

by imlikeabird Updated Jun 6, 2007

We ate breakfast here and it was good for the money. There was a lot of variety and we were seated quickly. It is by no means the best buffet on the strip but, given the price, we were very pleased. I have not eaten lunch or dinner here so I can't speak to the quality of that.

The view from the buffet is really nice; you're seated by the Flamingo wildlife habitat so we could watch the pond, fountains, and flamingos running around.

The Flamingo is what I would describe as typical Vegas buffet fare, excellent variety, nothing tasted badly, but it isn't the Bellagio or the Spice Market, or Bally's Sterling, if that's what you're in the market for.

Favorite Dish: I always judge a Vegas breakfast buffet by the quality of their smoked salmon and eggs benedict. I would give both a B+. Adam usually eats a traditional American breakfast and seemed to like what they offered.

Great fruit variety & quality, which I liked.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Tropical Breeze Cafe: Great Eggs Benedict with quick seating for solos

by Gillybob Updated Sep 22, 2012

Tropical Breeze Cafe

This is one of my favourite dining choices in Las Vegas. I enjoy breakfast here but have dined here at all times of the day (and night).

Tropical Breeze Cafe is the Flamingo's 24-hour dining option so you can enjoy the dining options at any time. They offer an extensive diner-style menu, including all-day breakfast options.

Usually, there are special offers during the quieter times of the day.

Queues can get long but the hostesses will check how many are in your party and seat as quickly as possible for that number; this can sometimes mean that a party of four will be seated quicker than a couple of parties of two in front of them but it ensures the most efficient seating arrangements. Solo diners are often seated very quickly as they have a diner-style counter and it is usually quickest to take this option during peak breakfast dining times.

Favorite Dish: My personal favourite is their Eggs Benedict. This dish is difficult to find here in the UK (and it's not often that I'm looking to dine out for breakfast). The eggs are perfectly poached - just the right amount of runniness - sat on an English muffin and covered with a Hollandaise sauce which is rich in flavour! In November 2011 they cost $13.99 with a never-ending mug off coffee for $2.99.

I love having breakfast at the diner counter as it gives a great opportunity to mingle with fellow solo travellers.

I've also enjoyed a good steak at the restaurant, as well as a couple of great special offer meals.

The only disappointing dish I have had at this restaurant (November 2011) was their pancake trilogy for breakfast; this is three small pancakes with your choice of toppings - unfortunately, these toppings seemed more suited to ice cream than to a breakfast pancake!

• pamychan's Profile Photo

Flamingo Buffet: Flamingo Buffet

by pamychan Updated Dec 10, 2004

the view from our table-amazing huh?

my sis had a craving for prawns so we went for the shrimp and crab buffet or smth like that. oh man we were so amazed! the shrimps were fresh and succulent, and the crab legs were the hugest we had ever seen in our lives! the prawns were nicely peeled, the crab legs were sliced in half so all we had to do was use a fork to pick up the meat and put it in our mouth. and the variety of other stuff was amazing. there were ribs, pastas, fish, chicken, ........everything and anything u wanted! and the dessert selection was equally amazing! cakes, pastries, fruits,..... me and my sis managed to steal about 10 pieces of their huge cookies! they were too irresistable! they were crispy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside! and the selection of fruits was also amazing. they even had peaches!

• lohki's Profile Photo

Paradise Garden Buffet: Birds in Paradise?

by lohki Updated Feb 10, 2008

During the day the view from this restaurant would be great. The wall of windows looks onto the wildlife habitat and the hotel's namesake.... a flock of flamingos. Though the decor is dated, I find the staff here are always friendly and very helpful.

I probably wouldn't put this on my *must go to* list, but if you are staying in the hotel it is convenient! We were given two "comp" dinner passes by the front desk upon check in so it would be silly not to use them!

The line looked a bit long for my choice but it did move very quickly!

Favorite Dish: This is not a bad stop, especially if you like crab legs and shrimp, the salad bar is also plentiful and the Prime Rib was also tasty the evening I was there. The chef had plenty of medium rare cuts for me to choose from. There is also a large dessert section around the corner from the hot buffet.

The website lists the prices as--

$13.99 weekday breakfast-- 7-11 am
    $15.99 weekday lunch-- 11-3 pm
    $17.99 weekend champagne brunch-- 7-3pm
    $19.99 dinner - 7 days-- 4-10 pm

• conark's Profile Photo

Flamingo Buffet: Middle of the road

by conark Written Oct 2, 2004

Definitely a middle-of-the-road buffet on the Strip. Good atmosphere in the summer with seats showing the flamino and penguin exhibit. However, quality-wise, this stuff was slightly better than my college dorm food. A disappointing long line confronted us that eventually revealed that the didn't have seafood for that night. A real embarrassment, imo, since the seafood is partly what people go there for. Nothing remarkable but at least I didn't get food poisoning.

Favorite Dish: My friend considered the BBQ chicken to be nice. The lasagna was decent enough for me.

• Erin09340's Profile Photo

Flamingo Buffet: stay away

by Erin09340 Written May 17, 2005

Yuck. One of our group wanted to try this place, lured in by the $15.95 price tag and advertised shrimp and crab legs. It did have a nice salad bar. And the green beans were good. And the crab legs were presliced so the meat was accesible without a mess. But everythinge else pretty much sucked and we all had tummyaches within the hour.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Flamingo Buffet: Seafood dinner buffet at the Flamingo

by PinkFloydActuary Updated Mar 22, 2005

Flamingo Buffet at night...

Went here because they advertised their evening seafood buffet. Was a tad disappointed in the selection - they had huge tubs of shrimp and crab legs, but little else that's memorable. If you like these two items, then you'll easily be able to get your money's worth from a trip here. If you're not a big seafood fan, just move on down the strip.

On the plus side, the view was quite nice - I got a seat looking out into the courtyard. Not a terrible line to get in here either.

Favorite Dish: All I can remember is the shrimp and crab. They were both good, but no more spectacular than the next buffet.

• j_soul's Profile Photo

There are so many restaurants...

by j_soul Written Aug 25, 2002

There are so many restaurants but I do recommend going to a buffet. I've been to the Flamingo buffet-decent food and all you can eat for about $14.
    The scenery has palm trees and waterfalls...very nice

Favorite Dish: Prime rib and great desserts

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Tropical Breeze: Great breakfast

by HotRodEtte Written Oct 17, 2006

Tropical Breeze was very impressive. We got a great meal for a great price. The atmosphere is very comfortable, the food is good and the prices are right. It’s a popular place but we didn’t have to wait in line all that long.
    This is located inside the Flamingo and the animal habitat was located directly outside from the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: We had breakfast here. They had several breakfast meals to choose from; we opted for the health smart breakfast consisting of egg substitute, turkey bacon, fruit cup and toast. This ran us each $9.99 and was filling and healthy.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Tropical Breeze Cafe: New name, decent cafe

by PinkFloydActuary Written Apr 15, 2005
    Tropical Breeze Cafe (Flamingo)

This is the coffee shop/cafe of the Flamingo. They have the standard large menu for cafes on the strip - decent selection of breakfast items, sandwiches, up to full blown dinner meals. There was no wait for our party of seven to get a table at noon on a Saturday. Service is quick and friendly, the large order was handled without error and everyone was pleased with their food. Drinks were kept filled. Prices are about what you'd expect.

Favorite Dish: I had the jerk chicken wrap - very tasty and a decent sized portion.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas