Garden Court Buffet, Las Vegas

by toontown
    Garden Court Buffet
    by PinkFloydActuary
  • PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Garden Court Buffet (Main Street Station): Value lunch!

by PinkFloydActuary Updated Dec 23, 2010
    Garden Court Buffet

There are many buffets in this city. Some are good, some are not so good. Downtown is not a mecca for great buffets. One of the more highly rated downtown is the Garden Court Buffet at MSS. While the food is not as fancy as you find elsewhere, what you do get is great value. Lunch will run you in the $8 range. There is a lot of comfort food to choose from here - salad bar, hot dogs, pizza, fried chicken (actually, lots of fried food). They have small tributes to Mexican and Chinese food as well. They also had steamed Brussels Sprouts, which I love and rarely see. Everything I had was tasty - I went up at least three times, but rather than trying a lot of different things, I found a number of wells I kept going back to. They also have a huge dessert station with plenty of cakes/pies and soft serve ice cream. Plates were cleared promptly, and drinks were kept filled. The key word again here is value - hard to beat what you get at this buffet for $8.

• conark's Profile Photo

Garden Court Buffet: Not As Good As Some People Rave About

by conark Written Jul 15, 2007

My friends and I decided to give this place a shot. I read a few very nice reviews about this place and was in the vicinity. So I decided to bug my friends to give this spot a try. The price is better than the Strip buffets and there's a lot of items from all over. That said, I didn't really care for what was available. The lasagna had an odd taste, the steak was tough, the Chinese wasn't good at all, and even the Mexican left me wondering. I think middle America would enjoy this type of buffet for the ambience, quantity and flavor. But I found this buffet to be slightly above a college cafeteria. A huge disappointment.

Favorite Dish: I think the fried shrimp and that's about it.

• Casino and Gambling

• toontown's Profile Photo

Garden Court Buffet: Great Vegas Buffet

by toontown Written Jan 8, 2005

Main Street Station at night

This buffet in downtown Vegas has a great reputation and for good reason. We went out of our way (i.e., off the strip) to go to dinner here and didn't regret it. The buffet has a very pleasant atmosphere (Victorian courtyard theme), good service and tasty food. Even on a Tuesday there was quite a long line-up for dinner, but it moved quickly. Dinner service starts at 4 p.m.

Tuesday night is steak night. Cost: $12.95. A huge t-bone, cooked to order, is included in the buffet offerings. I dare say some of the big fancy buffets like Rio and Aladdin's have more seafood and more ethnic cuisine, but coming from Vancouver, neither seafood nor asian food would be very special for us. We were looking for good hearty American food and we found it at the Garden Court Buffet.

Favorite Dish: The t-bone was very good but the ribs were to die for. So tender and delicious. It was a meat-lover's dream. Plenty of great veggie dishes and salads too though. What was good: mashed potatoes, collard greems, candied yams, chilis rellenos, eggplant jardiniere, a corn concoction (can't remember name). Good dessert buffet, including some great looking pies, including sugarles offerings. Iced cold lemonade. Not so good: asian food, fried seafood. Also offered: pizza, italian dishes, salads, mexican.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Garden Court Buffet
4.0 out of 5 stars