Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 21 Reviews

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Good Food and Service!

by Yaqui Updated Jan 11, 2014

There are several locations of the Hard Rock Cafe, yet we visited the one that is directly in front of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino. The other Hard Rock Cafe's are located on Las Vegas Boulevard (The Strip) in the Showcase Mall next to the MGM Grand and adjacent to the Monte Carlo also.

The decor is so fun and the seating is very comfortable. The service was awesome and you get your monies worth here too. The food was excellent too!

Have you ever notice the Guitar out front? Watch it, because as the music plays, the strings light up according to which cord is being played. LOL, I stood there watching it for awhile.

Favorite Dish: I had the SANTA FE SPRING ROLLS
    Stuffed with spinach, black beans, cilantro, corn, jalapeños, diced red peppers and jack cheese. Served on crispy tortilla straws with a side of Hard Rock salsa and guacamole-chipotle ranch dressing. Topped with diced red peppers and green onions. Served with a fresh lime wedge.

My hubby had HICKORY-SMOKED PULLED-PORK SANDWICH
    Hickory-smoked pork, hand pulled, so it’s tender and juicy. Served with your choice of our authentic vinegar-based or Hickory Bar-B-Que sauces and topped with marinated slaw.

• lisa85202's Profile Photo

Hofbrauhaus Las Vegas: German Festivities!

by lisa85202 Written Mar 24, 2012

Great fun to be had at the Hofbrauhaus...serving large mugs of cold beer, plenty of polka music, Oktoberfest type atmosphere. The restaurant has tall ceilings and long tables in which several parties can share the same table. We were lucky enough to sit near some young guys who enjoyed a visit from the Jager girl! If you're brave...and need a spanking...order a shot of Jagermeister!

A great place to go for those who can't afford a trip to Munich, as this is an exact replica.

Favorite Dish: It's all good~

• Beer Tasting

• Diablo's Cantina & Hard Rock Cafe: Two laid back Strip dining spots ( for lunch )

by Chuck60 Written Sep 21, 2011

Diablo's Cantina, which fronts the Monte Carlo

If you're interested in dining on the Strip, I'd recommend Diablo's Cantina ( fronts the Monte Carlo ) if your family enjoys base Mexican cuisine. At lunchtime, this venue may not be swamped on Christmas day ( no guarantees, however ).
    Another Strip area dining option for lunch - the Hard Rock Cafe just a few hundred yards north of MGM Grand ( across the street from Diablo's Cantina ).
    The lunch menu pricing at both these eateries is usually quite tolerable. The entree portions at both locales are huge.

Just a couple suggestions..good luck..

Cheers..

Favorite Dish: Steak fajitas...at both venues

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Mr. Lucky's 24/7: Feeling lucky for all you can eat?

by PinkFloydActuary Written Dec 22, 2010
    The Meal!

Looking for something new that is a great deal is one of the best parts of our trips to Vegas. We were in search of a good dinner option, when my brother mentioned an all-you-can-eat prime rib deal at Mr. Lucky's 24/7 - the cafe inside the Hard Rock Hotel. This is not on the menu, but ads do show up throughout the casino. Since it was all-you-can-eat, I expected a small slice of meat with some sides. Boy, was I wrong. The hunk of meat I got had to at least be 16 oz. It was cooked exactly as I liked it. It really was not a bad piece of meat (i.e. loaded in fat) at all. The sides were mashed potatoes and stir-fried veggies (a little heavy on the squash, but now I'm just trying to find issues with the meal!) Our waiter was good about coming around and making sure we were in good shape. I might have been able to force a little more down, but instead I walked away happy and very satisfied. This is a great deal.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Hofbrau Haus-Las Vegas: when in Rome or Germany or Vegas

by richiecdisc Updated Sep 2, 2009

the special is always a good deal in Germany

We are not generally big fans of chain restaurants. But since my wife is from Germany and I am a huge fan of both German food and beer, it would be tough for us not to go to the Hofbrau Las Vegas. We lived in Munich where the original is and rarely (Maibock season) went as it's touristy. Oddly enough there is another branch in Miami, close to where we currently live. We had been there a couple of times but only to help cure my wife's homesickness and found it quite a bit more expensive than its Munich counterpart.

After weeks of camping, we were very much in the mood for a big, hearty German meal, a huge mug of beer, and the big pretzels we had been dreaming about. Were we carb-starved or what? We arranged to arrive while VT friend Ernst was in town and it seemed an appropriate place to meet since we'd done it in Munich already!

Unlike the one in Miami, the Las Vegas rendition is a complete re-creation. What else would you expect in Vegas? We literally felt like we walked into Germany, with huge vaulted ceilings, long wooden benches, and an oompah band for effect. I half-expected them to charge me to use the restroom when I went!

Favorite Dish: First things first, we ordered our beer. I was looking for the brewery's noted Maibock, which in Munich is only available from mid-April till it runs out in May. In Miami, the only time we go down is for the tasty bock in May but they seem to have it sometimes into June. I was hoping for the same thing in Vegas as it was already approaching mid-June. The waitress was super helpful. She went back and asked but alas, no more Maibock for the season. I was going to have to settle for a Dunkles. I went for a Mass (liter) mug ($9.99)and D was content to get a half ($5.40). Since Ernst was driving he responsibly had a half Radler (an awful mix of beer with lemonade-yuck!). We also ordered some Obatzn ($8.99) which is a cheese spread made with Camembert, butter, cottage cheese, onions, and spices. It goes great with beer and no better way to eat it than on a soft pretzel, imported right from Munich! Their Dunkles is a dark lager of 5% alcohol. This roasty brew has a firm chocolate malt presence but the slight sweetness is never cloying and dries just enough in the finish. D and I were in heaven and Ernst was amused.

We were eying up the Schweinebraten (roast pork) on the menu but it was pricey ($17.99). The waitress pointed out that the lunch special happened to be just that with a slightly reduced portion for about half the price. She was well on her way to a good tip between this and trying to get me the maibock. We all opted for this and the quality was quite good. Ok, we had been camping for weeks and just about anything would have been good but my wife is German and we do go to Germany a lot. This stuff was tasting pretty authentic. After a few liters of the Dunkles and all this good food, the conversation and laughter were flowing. It was a shame Ernst had to drive back home but that was our cue to leave. He had after all driven us there and was our ride home.

The bill came to $117 for the three of us, including the tip, quite a bit of that surely due to my beer consumption!

• Beer Tasting

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas: Vegas all over and 'round the back

by Paisleypaul Written May 1, 2009

Entrance behind the giant guitar

Plenty to say about the worldwide chain, founded in London although everyone on VT thinks it is American! Check the website, a taste of some of the the memorabilia here:

1) Elton John - Blue feather outfit.

2) Terence Trent D'Arby - Pearl snare drum signed, "While it is true…now beat it" by Terence Trent D'Arby, who got his music career going while in the U.S. Army.

3) Roy Orbison - In 1964 Roy Orbison released what was to be the most successful hit single of his career, "Oh Pretty Woman." Hand-written lyrics to the song, co-written with Bill Dees.

4) Madonna - Black satin jacket worn by Madonna during the "Virgin" tour in April, 1985.

5) White Lion - Studded denim jacket worn by lead vocalist Mike Tramp of the 80's rock band

6)and of course Elvis Presley - Gibson acoustic guitar owned by Elvis, stolen from Graceland but returned to Vernon Presley after the culprit was caught

Favorite Dish: Santa Fe Spring Rolls, also the Twisted Mac Chicken & Cheese (pasta and chicken breast)

• Casino and Gambling
    • Music

• exquisitey's Profile Photo

Nobu, Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas: Don't believe the hype!

by exquisitey Written Jan 1, 2007

If anybody liked the sushi here then they also like the sushi they serve at your common grocery store.

Only decent food from our extenssive order were the 1 pc. sea urchin tempura $14.00 (how can you go wrong with deep fried batter?), and the black cod miso $20.00 (anything taste good with your basic teriyaki sauce). House Special Sushi $15 (mostly rice and dry), eel and cucumber roll $6.00 (nothing great), tuna tataki $20 (?), salmon tatare with caviar $20 (tasted like ground sashimi with soy sauce, wasabi and 8 caviar eggs (just get a sashimi and dip in soy sauce with wasabi, what's the dif?), scallops with spicy garlic sauce $32 (so-so) + drinks, and tip.

My Husband and I bought into the hype and $200+ later... learn from our costly mistake. Nice place though, but again, it's all hot air.

TIP: served tapas style.

Favorite Dish: white rabbit martini , sea urchin tempura, and black cod miso.

• Luxury Travel
    • Business Travel

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Lucky's: For those late night munchies

by HotRodEtte Written Sep 6, 2005

Lucky's is a 24 hour diner located inside the Hard Rock Hotel. This is a great place to go for an inexpensive bite to eat after a long night of dancing, gambling or if you just feel like grabbing some food in the middle of the night!

Favorite Dish: I had a club sandwich, which was to die for! Super stacked, I had to split each section in half in order to take a bite!!! Don't forget to check on their specials!

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Of course I'd eat here!

by HotRodEtte Written Aug 26, 2005

I am a Hard Rock Cafe connosseur!!! I can't go anywhere without eating at HRC, and this one was great! Great service, great food, fabulous atmosphere!!!

Favorite Dish: I try something different every time I eat at HRC, but you know you can't beat their burgers!!! :)

• draguza's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Real American Cafe

by draguza Updated Aug 9, 2005

Hard Rock Cafe

The place is so popular, it is a tourist attraction.

Inside the restaurant you'll find many things and merchandise that remind you of Elvis and other 50ies and 60ies pop stars

Favorite Dish: Cheesburger and chunky fries

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Simon at the Hard Rock Hotel: Simon at the Hard Rock Hotel

by goingsolo Updated Dec 30, 2004

Simon's is an unpretentious place that serves great food. A low lit almost clubby atmosphere is tempered by the wooden booths and meat and potatoes type menu. Opting for something exotic on a menu featuring meatloaf, I decided to go for fried calamari and chicken curry.

The calamari was fine but nothing extraordinary. The chicken curry was surprisingly very, very good. The service was excellent as well. And I highly recommend the Starburst Martini.

Favorite Dish: I'll have to say dessert if for no other reason than that it was just too cute. A small round chocolate cake covered in syrup, 2 chocolate chip cookies and a tiny milkshake is a 3 oz (or so) glass. It looked like a 6 year old's dream come true. And it tasted pretty good too.

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo

Hofbrau House: Big Beer

by JudyinPA Written Oct 11, 2004

No, I couldn't finish it !

The food was definately what is served in Germany as I remember when there. When the band starts to play the audience joins in and raises their glasses to join in the activity of singing along with the band. There are even some drinking games that the most steady and hardy can join in . It is one of the most entertaining meals we had while in Vegas. The Ompa band is well worth the price of the meal to enjoy. This restaurant is owned by the same people that have the same named business in Munich. It is a replica of the German Restaurant on the inside.

Favorite Dish: My favorite meal is sauerbraten and that is what I had and am not disappointed. The German music played by the band is just what this meal deserves. It takes two hands to hold one of these big beers.

• mafootje's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Rock and eat....

by mafootje Written Jul 18, 2004

Interior of the caf��

Well the Hard Rock caf? is always nicely decorated and they are always playing your favorite rock songs. The quality of the food is good. If your done eating you can get some merchandise from their store which always is trendy. Quality of that could be better compared to the price you pay but it's ok.

Picture taken may 31, 2004 at 20:31:00

Favorite Dish: Sizzlin fajitas are my favorites they really do sizzle when you get them so the are really hot. The drinks are also available in souvenir glasses which are for you to keep when you leave. (The usually give you a clean glass instead of the one you have been using).

• skib's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Just like any other Hard Rock Cafe

by skib Written May 27, 2004

The Hard Rock Cafe was just like any Hard Rock Cafe, TGI Friday, etc. The food was okay, but we always get the wings they have there. It was more of a fun atmosphere for us since we were in college. The casion there was pretty fun and had good memorobilia to check out. Wouldn't recommend this place while on a Vegas vacation though.

Favorite Dish: Buffalo wings.

• kumachan200x's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Hard Rock Cafe LAS VEGAS

by kumachan200x Written Dec 31, 2003

At the start of the 20th century this infamous city didn't even exist, and whoa, daddy! Just look at us now. With a worldwide reputation to uphold, Vegas is the place for any kind of grown-up diversion you bet you won't find anywhere else. The city has cleaned itself up quite a bit since the early days of Mob domination, but don't believe the hype that this is a family place, 'cause it surely ain't. Considered the #1 fantasyland destination for adults, Vegas is a place that exists primarily for gambling, unless you count quickie drive-thru marriages also arranged here. Our Vegas Cafe is part of the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, a world-renowned location in this glitzy city plus your all-around best bet for big-name touring acts. (That's not ad copy. It's the downright gospel truth. In fact, we wager that great entertainment at the Hard Rock Las Vegas is the only sure thing you'll find in this city, so don't gamble with other local nightlife!) Easy to find no matter how many free drinks you may have had, the 45-foot neon Gibson Les Paul guitar at the entrance marks the place. Just look up into the desert night and you'll see us standing tall. More eye-candy awaits inside, like the "Tower of Power" with its numerous LCD monitors, guitar display and color-changing lights, and our Elvis wall with "Viva Las Vegas" in bold neon lights, plus the life-size statue of Elvis and his guitars surrounded by gold and platinum albums. When you first arrive in Vegas, you'll think you've landed on another world, so for bona fide good fortune, plan to land on us! The Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas- you just might get lucky inside these deified doors.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
7422 Opinions