La Salsa Cantina, Las Vegas

by HispanicYob
    With Sylvain at La Salsa Cantina
    by Jefie
  • HispanicYob's Profile Photo

La Salsa Cantina: Sizzling!

by HispanicYob Written Jan 9, 2014

The interior of the restaurant makes you feel like you're in Old Mexico. With vigas and old hacienda style construction about the place. It's an appropriate atmosphere for a Mexican restaurant, naturally. Service was good and friendly and the portions are decent. I barely finished! Even though we left before 11 PM, after 11 PM they clear a portion of the tables out which makes way for a dance floor. After which, the restaurant doubles as a club. As expected from a restaurant on The Strip, prices are a bit above average.

Favorite Dish: I had the combo steak and chicken fajita plate and it was brought hot and steaming to my table. The sides were black beans and rice, with a choice of flour or corn tortillas, pico de gallo and guacamole to make your fajita.

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

La Salsa Cantina: Margaritas by the Yard

by RavensWing Updated Jan 8, 2014

LaSalsa Cantina

Very relaxed atmosphere. I had a fajita for supper and it was delicious. The vegetables were fresh, the guacamole and salsa the perfect compliment to the meal. I chose the chicken fajitas and was very satisfied with them.

I also chose to have a margarita for my drink - 48 ounces of our award winning “REAL” Margarita served on the rocks or frozen in a signature cup that’s yours to keep!

The dessert was Chimichanga cheesecake. Absolutely Delicious!!!

I would go back again, the service was great, the food delicious.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish happened to be the Margarita by the Yard. I took my glass home with me.

• Jefie's Profile Photo

La Salsa Cantina: Nice atmosphere, OK food

by Jefie Updated Dec 31, 2008

With Sylvain at La Salsa Cantina

We picked La Salsa Cantina mostly because of its nice patio located just outside the Forum Shops at Caesars' Palace (there are other La Salsa Cantina locations on the Strip). As we were just looking for something to snack on in the middle of the afternoon, it turned out to be a pretty good choice: the busy atmosphere was really nice since we were sitting right by a big fountain and could see people walking up and down the Strip. They had some Latin music playing but unfortunately we couldn't hear it very well, it would have been nice it they'd cranked up the speakers a bit. We ordered a cheese dip with some nacho chips and our plates were very nicely presented. I've had much better Tex-Mex food before but it was still OK, especially since we washed it down with a cold Dos Equis :o) So based on my experience I wouldn't necessarily recommend La Salsa Cantina for a great dinner, but for a good, quick lunch, it's a pretty good option.

Favorite Dish: La Salsa's "margaritas-by-the-yard" probably are the most popular item on the menu!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

La Salsa: Margarita by the Yard

by Yaqui Updated Jul 13, 2008

Look for the famous sign!

If you looking to relax, people watch and enjoy a awesome Margarita by the yard, this is the place for you. We've eaten here some years ago and was tickled it was still here. It is right next door to the Planet Hollywood Theatre. It is where we saw the show V-Ultimate Variety Show. So while getting our tickets we shared a Margarita by the yard. Very good. Enjoy the sizzling platters of fajitas, several versions of their well-known burrito, salads and delicious specialty entrees.

Hours: Sun - Thur 8:00am - 11:00pm, Fri - Sat 8:00am - Midnight

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

La Salsa Cantina: Breakfast Special Time

by PinkFloydActuary Written Apr 19, 2008
    La Salsa Cantina!

Out in the open area about half way around the Miracle Mile Shops. We were looking for a breakfast spot on a Sunday morning, and this fit the bill. They have a great little selection of breakfast deals for $3. I had the two eggs and sausage with toast. It wasn't a huge meal, but definitely worth the $3. We got there as the place opened in the morning, so we were seated and served right away. Waitresses were friendly and attentive. There is seating out in the mall are itself, so you will be able to watch the world passing by. For those staying near PH, this is a definite place to consider, although I wouldn't make a special trip for it.

• truesunn's Profile Photo

La Salsa Cantina: La Salsa Cantina at Desert Passage

by truesunn Written Jul 27, 2003

La Salsa Cantina is a southwestern/mexican restaurant and lounge. I dined at the location in the Desert Passage Mall at the Aladdin. Their specialty drink is "Margarita by the Yard", which is served in a 3 foot tall souvineer glass.

Favorite Dish: My friend and I split the Enchiladas Suiza, which are basically chicken stuffed enchiladas. The chicken, which is marinated in lime, is excellent as is the spanish rice and pinto beans served on the side. The portion was somewhat smaller than we had expected, but it was very tasty! We ordered ours minus the "green sauce"...

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

La Salsa Cantina: Eat Mexican in North Africa!

by shrimp56 Updated Jun 19, 2003

In the heart of Desert Passage you can get great Mexican! It takes a bit of timing to catch the margarita fully lit! The location of the "outdoor" tables is superb -- right on the main square.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near La Salsa Cantina
4.0 out of 5 stars