Le Village Buffet, Las Vegas

save room for dessert
    by richiecdisc
    CREME BRULEE AND TREATS
    by travelgourmet
  • Le Village Paris Paris: Never again - bad buffet!!!

by Cux Written Oct 5, 2011

Never again, for us it is the worst buffet in whole Las Vegas! Poor service, very poor variety of meals, very low quality. - For this price you can eat much better in Las Vegas, there are many much better buffets e.g. the RIO - So never again Le Village in Paris Paris!

Favorite Dish: Crepes, fresh made!

• PARIS BUFFET: DO MISS THIS PLACE STEER CLEAR AVOID

by WRENCHMAN55 Written Aug 29, 2011

This is the worst place i have ever eaten and paid so much money for, this is especially a place for tourist, and their fast food mentality, this is not a place for a discerning palaate, it is bad, tough prime rib, dried overcooked beef ribs, and the walnut calke still ahve walnut shells in it almost broke a tooth,, bad bad place,,

Favorite Dish: the cake was good, except for the walnut shells

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Le Village Buffet: A GOURMET BUFFET INSIDE PARIS

by travelgourmet Updated Aug 16, 2011

AMBIANCE AT A BUFFET IN LAS VEGAS

The feel of an outdoor french setting under the sky or a cozy fireplace inside a french cottage are your choices for seating that make the ambiance of this Las Vegas Buffet restaurant. You will find the tastes of the five Provinces of France at different stations throughout the large village like setting, as well a grilled food station. All the dishes were excellent in quality of taste . As for quantity, well you can enjoy small bites of everything, generous portions of some, or pig out. All you can eat buffet, but with a french twist.

Open for Breakfast at 7 am, Lunch at 11:30 am, Dinner at 5 pm with Sunday Brunch, including unlimited Champagne, from 11 am till 4:30 pm. Le Village Buffet has been voted "Best of Las Vegas" for three straight years by the Las Vegas Review-Journal. I agree.

Favorite Dish: Most of the dishes were excellent. Being at a buffet, I was not sure that the quality of world renowned french cooking was going to be in some of the dishes. The most detailed of chefs would give the dishes high grades for being sensory pleasing. From the breads to the pastries, every type of french tastes were included in this buffet. There are many good, some great buffets in Las Vegas, but to me, Le Village Buffet stands out.

• Luxury Travel

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Le Village Buffet: a stroll through Paris for lunch

by richiecdisc Updated Sep 28, 2009

the Vegas interpretation of France

Las Vegas is renowned for their buffets and with very limited time, it was tough to pick one to go to. In the old days, it was all about free or cheap but this has been very much replaced with better and more interesting choices. We opted for Le Village in Paris. It got stellar reviews and was packed the two times we walked by it. Since we had eaten dinner at the Hofbrau Haus on our first and only evening, we went for lunch which is a third less expensive at $17.95. It was a bit of a splurge for us as our budget was $75 per day for both of us but it turned out to be well worth it. Though it's all a bit Disney and you don't actually feel like you are in France, they have five stations which are each themed like a "Departement" (Provence to us ignorant Americans) there, each with their own architecture and foods of the region. You walk up and either self-serve items that are already prepared or ask for things that are prepared per order.

Favorite Dish: Alsace serves traditional chicken mushroom vol-au-vent, stuffed croissants, grilled Alsacian sausage and salmon scrambled eggs. Burgundy features prime rib, ham, rotisserie chicken, veal stew and pork chops. These were my favorites. D loved the Brittany station which specializes in crepes and La Raclette which features melted cheese, cured meats, steamed potatoes, assorted vegetables and French bread. Normandy appropriately serves fish and seafood, perhaps the weakest area due to the food needing to be prepared more freshly. The dessert area was heaven though we had already stuffed ourselves to the gourd by the time we got to it. We nonetheless managed to taste a few things, the best of which was a very nice crème brûlée. We were so stuffed after all this, we were kind of glad our car was a good walk away!

• aquatic's Profile Photo

Le Village: Skip breakfast, go for lunch.

by aquatic Written Apr 7, 2009

I think I spent about 40 minutes in line to get inside. Paid breakfast price and got to eat lunch. Conclusion: skip breakfast, it is as usual as can be anywhere. When the lunch dishes arrived I was full and could not even try anything else leaving room for sweets. And I was right: the sweets (lunch sweets) were incredible. Better than anywhere else.

Favorite Dish: cakes

• Luxury Travel

• La Village Buffet: Don't waste your time

by loriC Written Apr 5, 2008

Reviews, including the recent Best of from the Review Journal stated that the buffet was exclusively
    French food. I found that not to be the case. I was so looking forward to some nice French pastry
    but if you want those, you will need to go to another of the outlets in Paris. The buffet had cannolis and biscotti. The cheese bar only had 4 cheeses, a dill havarti, smoked gouda, pepper jack, and a greek goat cheese. No brie. No camembert. What gives? The pesto pasta was good, but really hoped for French food. Maybe just some french bread.

Favorite Dish: The onion soup was good. They could have put some cheese near it

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Le Village Buffet at Paris: Breakfast Buffet

by imlikeabird Written Mar 13, 2008

I think we lucked out and got a pretty short line. The food was good with plenty to choose from. We were seated quickly.

Favorite Dish: The crepes were very good. I liked most of the food. Like all buffets in Vegas, there were a few foods that looked much better than they were. But most of it was good, and the waitress kept the coffee coming.

• olgaehr's Profile Photo

Le Village Buffet: so much food

by olgaehr Written Nov 26, 2007

Outside

Well it's "french", I guess. Nothing special for foodies, but a good place for lots of food to keep you going all day. Lots of choices!!! Be prepared to stand in line for food stations.

Also be prepared to stand in line to get in for about 2 hours. Try to get there as early as you can.
    $15 for breakfast, $30 for dinner

• Penguins4me's Profile Photo

Le Village Buffet: Save Money on Buffets

by Penguins4me Updated Mar 12, 2006

Fountain outside the Paris Hotel & my Mom!

Enjoying one of the fabulous buffets at lunch time (which can be anywhere from 11 am to 4 pm) saves bucks and the buffets at mid-day are just as delicious as dinner time. We ate at Le Village Buffet in Paris around 2 pm. The variety was amazing. . . included seafood, beef, chicken, pork all the usuals, but also included fondue type choice with breads and 3 choices of sauce for dipping. The desserts were out of this world. The buffet was $17.95 at lunch time and significantly higher at supper, but can't quite remember how much.

• Le Village Buffet: Culinary France Tour

by eltigre Written Jul 6, 2005

I enjoyed most that each area in France had its own little booth to present 4 to 8 typical dishes. It made it easy to choose from and gives you the feeling you are doing a culinary travel through France. There are not many choices for vegetarians though.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Le Village Buffet: For those of you with exotic tastes

by PinkFloydActuary Written May 25, 2005

Le Village Buffet

Like many of the pricier buffets, we've only done this one for lunch. We arrived after 1:00, so the line wasn't too bad to get in. The layout and decor of this buffet are pretty cool, you get the feeling of being in a french market. The food stations wrap around the outside wall of the buffet area. If you don't have a sense of adventure, move on to another buffet - a lot of items are in creamy sauces or have hard to pronounce names. Most of the items we tried were pretty decent, but in all honesty, for the money I expected a little more (maybe I don't have a taste for French food?) This doesn't stack up with the nearby Aladdin or Bellagio, and you're paying the same amount.

Favorite Dish: Where the buffet does excel is at the dessert station. I had a chocolate cake and a cheesecake, and they were both phenomenal. Be sure to save room for dessert (or even start there) - it's the best part of the buffet.

• mwenn2100's Profile Photo

Le Village Buffet: Handmade Crepes!

by mwenn2100 Written May 4, 2005

We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet here. The buffet area is set up as a quaint French village, with the stations set up all over the dining area. We did have to wait a few minutes for a table to open up, and it was pretty crowded. Overall though, this was an excellent and filling breakfast.

They had a pastry station, fresh eggs, fruit, etc. But the best part was the made-to-order crepes. The line for these was pretty long, but well worth the wait. You get to watch as they make them for you and put any filling in that you desire. They were very good.

Favorite Dish: Had to be the handmade crepes with any filling you want!

• jltan's Profile Photo

Le Village Buffet: Best Buffet In Town

by jltan Written Apr 30, 2005
    The Sign At The Le Village Buffet

It's true! This is one of the best buffets in Vegas. On the advice of some VTers, we went and checked this place out, and we were not disappointed...

Note: On peak hours (dinner time), people queue like crazy here.

Favorite Dish: Everything :)

• zuriga's Profile Photo

PARIS: LUNCH BUFFET

by zuriga Updated Mar 28, 2005

Paris

I loved the lunch buffet at Paris.. all you can eat for about $15.00 - seven French regions are represented. Their other shops were beautiful and there's a great patisserie as well. Mandelay Bay has a good Wolfgang Puck Italian place and the Bellagio has so many good restaurants that I couldn't count them all...the seafood was great at Aqua.

• conark's Profile Photo

Le Village Buffet: Second Time was Better

by conark Updated Dec 5, 2004

Decided to give this place another shot for breakfast since I was in the neighborhood. As usual, the line was long but not as bad as their Sunday one where they have you take a ticket and THEN return to get in line. We just made the breakfast price which meant that we could get the lunch as well. As a breakfast buff, I was underwhelmed the first time. This time in seeing the transition from breakfast to lunch, I began to understand why this place gets high marks.

Where to begin? I guess the sausage here gets noticed because they have such a large quantity to choose. Also, there's some seafood quiche and a breakfast type of potpie which I had last time. Lunch was excellent as they started serving up the non-typical food items. The seafood selection was very nice and the choices here are quite unique. On the side they have a tasty selection of cheese with some meats. Grab some with bread to make yourself a little appetizer. And the desserts here are something to see. It's just an eye treat after you're full to poke around and see what items are brought about. I would've loved to have sampled everything, but I guess it's best to hit a gym and then go when you're dead hungry to really get your fill here.

Favorite Dish: Eggs benedict - not something I have very often.
    Seafood - nothing in particular but the sauces are great. I combined this tomato based seafood dish with the steamed brocolli. Just incredible.
    Cheese - generous variety and flavorful for the adventurous.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Le Village Buffet
4.0 out of 5 stars