MGM Hotel, Las Vegas

• MGM Hotel
    by machomikemd

Diego's: Mexican Delight

Diego's

Diego's is a mexican restaurant in the MGM hotel. The decor it modern.. The service was great. The food was delicious, the margaritas divine. The staff came to your table often enough to check if your drinks were empty but not so much that they interrupted your dinner.

In fact they had gone out of their way to get our dinners ready because we told them that we only had a short time and needed to leave to get to a show. Very accommodating.

Favorite Dish: Diego Sampling - a sampling of braised beef taquitos, chicken empanadas, and steak quesadilla

Pork Carnitas tamales - hand made tamales with beans and ancho rice

Churros were delicious - warm churros with roasted banana ice cream and cajeta sauce. Cajeta sauce is a mexican goat milk caramel sauce.

• RavensWing's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Buffet: So Many Choices!

MGM Grand Buffet

They have a seafood stations featuring Split Crab Legs, Peel-n-Eat Shrimp, Seafood Ceviche,
    and fresh assortment of sushi. There is herb crusted and Prime rib of beef and seasoned Turkey
    Breast. A salsa bar with fresh flour and corn tortillas. A variety of Italian, Mexican and comfort food hot selections to include our wild mushroom ravioli and stuffed manicotti. The complete dessert station... "Something for everyone!"
    Vegetarian selections to include roasted red herb buttered potatoes, steamed seasonal vegetables
    New Asian Line to include sesame balls , chicken pot stickers, assorted Dim sum, tofu stir fry, mini spring rolls, tempura vegetables, Asian noodles, miso soup station.
    Hand tossed fresh pizzas to include vegetable pizza, cheese pizza and Italian meat pizza.
    And finally a build your own salad bar

Favorite Dish: The Crab was delicious. Loved the asian line and the salad bar. There is no limit you can go back as many times as your belly can hold.

Stage Deli ~ MGM ~: ~ Simply Divine ~

Stage Deli ~ MGM ~

The Stage Deli is in the MGM Grand Hotel. It is has freshly made sandwiches. I had the Pastrami on rye with a side of hot mustard. It was delicious. It was a big sandwich, I had to take half of it back to my room. You can sit at the bar stools and tables or you can sit in the comfortable black leather chairs and watch sports on the many tv's that are there.

The Stage Deli also serves mouth-watering corned beef, turkey and brisket sandwiches, plus New York deli classics like matzo ball soup, kosher hotdogs, lox and bagels. Check it out. But don't forget about the perfectly seasoned soups, fresh salads, and pastries.

Hours of Operation
    Monday - Thursday, 6:30am - 3:00am
    Friday - Sunday, 24 Hours

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the fully stuffed pastrami on rye sandwich.

• Africancrab's Profile Photo

Starbucks: Almond Croissant & Earl Gray Tea

by Africancrab Updated May 26, 2013

While staying at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, my daughter and I, made a stop at the Starbucks on the Studio walk to get some tea and pastry. Well it was more like me who desperately wanted the tea after only 1 cup in the early morning. I usually take up to 6 cups of tea a day.

I ordered a venti Earl gray tea with an almond croissant.
    The tea was $ 3.25 and croissant $3.50 before taxes. With tax my total was $7.30 which is not bad considering I paid $11 in California.

I was surprised at how delicious the croissant tasted, I do not believe have ever ordered one of them at any Starbucks before. Normally I order the lemon pound cake or a blue berry scone. I must say, the almond croissant has become my favorite pastry at Starbucks. I recommend you try one if you happen by a Starbucks during your travels.

PS: "If it looks good, eat it" - Andrew Zimmermann

Favorite Dish: The Almond Croissant was delicious

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Starbucks: My Place for Coffee and Shaken Iced Tea

by machomikemd Written Oct 1, 2011
    front

Hey, isn't it ironic that my favorite drink in Starbucks is not coffee but the shaken iced tea lemonade or otherwise knowned as the Arnold Palmers heheeh. Well I still like Starbucks Coffee with their assorted Coffees and brews but for me, Dunkin Donuts still served the best Iced Latte's in the United States and starbucks is getting a beating from Mc Cafe of Mc Donalds and Dunkin Donuts because of this, sad but true. If you are living under a rock, let me refresh tyour memory: Starbucks is the largest coffeehouse company in the world, with over 17,800 stores in 49 countries, including over 11,000 in the United States, nearly 1,000 in Canada and more than 800 in Japan. Starbucks sells drip brewed coffee, espresso-based hot drinks, other hot and cold drinks, coffee beans, salads, hot and cold sandwiches and panini, pastries, snacks, and items such as mugs and tumblers.

Favorite Dish: the iced tea lemonade and the assorted coffee brews what else and a Venti Arnold Palmer drink costs $ 3.85 and is my all time favorite kind of Iced Tea! and sometimes I get the Iced Lattes venti at $ 4.95 an order.

Starbucks has several outlets along the Strip, in the Luxor Casino, they have 2 branches, one at the atrium and one at the ground level.

opens: 6 am until Midnight

• flyingpig's Profile Photo

Craftsteak: The best steakhouse in Vegas?

by flyingpig Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Dining room at Craftsteak

Craftsteak is a totally atypical steakhouse located in the MGM Grand hotel. The stunning quality of the ingredients used makes a world of difference with other restaurants in Las Vegas.

At Craftsteak you can select all the main and side dishes that will compose your dinner. I recommend the Kobe beef - a pure marvel - and the potatoe gratin - the best I have ever eaten outside of France.

The atmosphere at Craftsteak is reasonably relaxed - at least compared to formal dining in places like Alize. The interior decoration is both simple and stylish.

A comprehensive wine list is offered. The service is efficient though some waiters have a tiny attitude problem and are not as smooth in their serving as in Europe.

Do not expect to escape Craftsteak without spending at least US$60 per person - without a bottle of wine.

It is recommended to call for a reservation - Craftsteak enjoys a well deserved fame and can get rather busy during weekend evenings or convention days.

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

The Rainforest Cafe at MGM Grand: Dine in the Jungle

by HispanicYob Written Aug 11, 2010

Cool shot at the Rainforest Cafe

The theme for this restaurant is hard to choose. I suppose it could be under eclectic tastes. The surroundings are groovy. Meant to mimic the African jungles. There's a little electronic display that goes off every now and then with animatronic gorillas going off. I had wanted to eat here when I set foot inside the MGM Grand. It was a great time, I was buzzed through most of my time there so the dining experience was a blur. But it's a great place to bring a group.

Favorite Dish: All I remember is my friend and I shared a huge appetizer and that was good enough for us. This included cheese stick, calamari and dips. I can't remember now how much I had since I had a little "happy juice". Their Long Island Iced Teas were good. I vowed I'd never drink one again but they were good here. For a full menu list, check out the website I've provided. It's Las Vegas, so the prices are a bit over the average.

• Spa and Resort

• Court94403's Profile Photo

Studio Cafe @ The MGM Grand: The Casual Side of the MGM Grand

by Court94403 Updated Jan 8, 2010

Inside The Sudio Cafe @ The MGM Grand

The Studio Cafe is the laid-back side of the MGM Grand. The feel of it is similar to an "Upscale Denny's." The Studio Cafe offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light meals.

Breakfast favorites like Eggs Benedict, Steak & Eggs, Pancakes and Country Scramble.
    lunch and dinner favorites include; BBQ Ribs with French Fries and Coleslaw, specialty burgers, sandwiches, the BLT (everyone's fav). Seafood is also available; Lobster and other varieties of fish, oversized salads, and comfort foods like Spagetti and Meatballs, Meatloaf, Fried Chicken and Mashed Potatoes.

Favorite Dish: For breakfast; The Veggie Egg-White Frittata with tomatoes, peppers and mushrooms. it is very filling. My husband like the Breakfast Burrito, with eggs cheddar cheese and salsa, one night he tried to order it for dinner! We also shared a stack of Buttermilk Pancakes, fluffy and warm with rich butter and maple syrup.

For lunch I enjoyed The Thai Asian Chicken Salad; with grilled chicken, carrots and roasted peanuts.

My favorite meal was dinner, I had Roasted Halibut in Lemon Butter Sauce with Spinach Pasta on the side.

The average price per person is about $18.00-20.00
    This is a great place for children too.

Hours:

Sun-Thurs 6 am-10:00 pm
    Fri 6:00 am-11:00 pm
    Sat 6:00 am-1:00 am

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo

The Rain Forest Cafe: Fun Dining Experience!

by Camping_Girl Written Dec 8, 2009
    Rainforest Cafe at the MGM Grand

This is a tropical/Polynesian themed restaurant. They have plenty of old stand-bys like burgers, steaks and pastas too, often with a bit of a tropical twist to them.

The food at the Rainforest Cafe is great and so is the service. But the best part about the place is the decor and atmosphere. There are life-sized animals on the walls, many of which move and make sounds. There is the sound of water running and it even rains (complete with thunder storm) at various intervals during your meal. Little kids just love this place! I love the sky, which is constantly changing.

And there's an incredible (and huge!) Sparkling Volcano dessert for a grand finish to your meal, if you've got room!

Favorite Dish: The mahi mahi, with macadamia nut coating is to die for!

• clueless83's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Buffet: A good selection but not the cheapest

by clueless83 Written Feb 16, 2009

We stayed at the MGM Grand when in Vegas and decided to try the dinner buffet. It wasn't particularly cheap from what I remember (not sure of exact price) but if you have a large appetite its pretty good. The only other buffet we tried during our stay was the lunchtime one at The Flamingo, which was cheaper but had less choice of food.

Food selection was good, atmosphere was fine and I don't think we waited too long for a table.

Favorite Dish: I can't remember what I ate here, probably a random mixture of things that I fancied at the time! :)

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Rainforest Cafe: Good spot for breakfast in the MGM Grand area

by Jefie Written Dec 30, 2008

Classic American breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe

I'd never eaten at a Rainforest Cafe before because they always look like such tourist traps, but I ended up going to the one located inside the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino because it was one of the most affordable places around to eat a good breakfast. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how friendly and fast the service was, and my classic American breakfast was really quite good. The atmosphere was of course a bit over the top and loud, especially during the "tropical thunderstorms" that start about every 20 min; luckily, we were seated next to a fountain so we didn't have to deal with animals that start moving and making noises! But if you don't mind the wacky atmosphere (or if you're traveling with kids), I'd definitely recommend the Rainforest Cafe as a relatively inexpensive place to eat a good meal. They do charge $3.50 for coffee, however!

Favorite Dish: I didn't leave anything on my plate so I'd say it's a pretty good spot for breakfast!

• NaughtyArty's Profile Photo

Rainforest Cafe: Best Meal of the Trip

by NaughtyArty Written Oct 29, 2008

Our first night in LV we ate at the Rainforest Cafe in the MGM Grand. Our bill for the three of us was $94 before tip, which included a drink or two each.

The animatronics and sound effects presented a neat atmosphere for the place. The waiter, Tony, was excellent. The drinks were served promptly, and the food came out right on schedule. Everything was delicious. We wanted to order dessert, but were just too stuffed from the large portions.

You can find a coupon for a free appetizer in the free books available at the Monorail stations.

Favorite Dish: I highly recommend the Pastalya, a Jambalaya dish with linguini noodles instead of rice. It was loaded with chicken, shrimp, Andouille sausage, and red & green peppers. It was spicy enough to go perfectly with a beer, or in my case, a Green Python. (Coconut rum, Midori, Pineapple juice, sweet & sour, and banana liquer.)

• Jungle and Rain Forest

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Craftsteak: Steak at the MGM

by PinkFloydActuary Written Oct 25, 2008
    crafsteak

As you can see from many of my tips, I'm a budget traveler. On a business trip, I got to dine at Craftsteak. We were seated and served quickly. I love the ambiance here - the decor is very nice, the lighting is good, and the noise is minimal. The food was very good. Our first course included artichokes, Prosciutto, and grilled prawns. Dinner was served family style, so I got to try several of the main entrees including pork chops, tuna, and the dish everyone was raving about, shortribs. On the side, we got asparagus, and au gratin potatoes.

Everything was really good, I wouldn't complain about a thing. I later found out that the meal (with bar tab) ran over $200 per person. And that's where I have to say that I just wasn't blown away by the meal. I think about how many decent meals you could get around town for $200, and this place, while a good experience, just can't justify the price tag in my opinion. If price is not a worry, I give a full recommendation - otherwise move on!

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Coco Palms Buffet: Buffet on the south strip

by HotRodEtte Updated Aug 13, 2008

Coco Palms buffet is located inside the Stardust. There is plenty of room to sit and with it being at the old end of the strip, we were lucky to not have to stand in line. Buffet was $13.95, a good price compared to some of the newer resorts' places. Food was good, but not a lot of entrees to choose from. Desserts, however, were quite abundant in choice.

No longer exists since the Stardust implosion in 2007.

Favorite Dish: The stuffed green pepper and the mashed potatoes & gravy were probably my favorite dishes.

• caseyso's Profile Photo

Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill: Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill

by caseyso Written Aug 10, 2008

Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill is located inside MGM Grand, one of the famous hotels of Las Vegas' The Strip. It is a casual dining restaurant that serves American and Californian cuisine, and specializes more on grilled dishes.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near MGM Hotel
0 miles away