MGM Hotel, Las Vegas

by machomikemd
  • Yaqui's Profile Photo

Rainforest Cafe: Fun for the whole family

by Yaqui Updated Jun 23, 2008

We has eaten here many years ago and I wanted to bring my family here. They really enjoyed the food and the entertainment. They have these animatronics jungle animals that perform every ten or fifteen minutes. My son got the biggest kick out of the Gorillas. I will say, DO NOT sit next the baby elephant, that one was annoying…..LOL! The whole interior is a tropical rainforest with waterfalls, lush vegetation, and indigenous creatures. The seating area is a little cramped, but comfortable. I will say it was pricey, but the food was good. They had live entertainers walking around with card tricks and people making those cute balloon characters, they were very creative. As you enter, you enter through this awesome 10,000-gallon double archway aquarium. While waiting in line my boys just stared at the fish the whole time. All in all, we enjoyed it!

Hours of Operation
    Sunday - Thursday, 8:00am - 11pm
    Friday & Saturday, 8:00am - midnight
    $12 – $15/person
    Casual

Rainforest Cafe is a non-smoking restaurant

• Spa and Resort

• donpaul77's Profile Photo

Wolgang Puck's Bar & Grill at the MGM Grand: Reasonable California cuisin in an overpriced city

by donpaul77 Written Mar 10, 2008

This place serves excellent California cuisine without much pretense. The restaurant is wide open and airy(for being in a casino) and very energetic. The two times I've been there, the wait wasn't long. The decor is trendy but not too much to deal with and the menu, designed by Puck, is an eclectic mix, all prepared with a unique touch and great care. The service was good. The dress is casual.

As far as price, I found it to be one of the best values on the strip for a restaurant of this level.

Favorite Dish: I recall having salmon that was perfectly prepared and nicely presented. The other four diners at my table all raved about their meals. Very flavorful and satisfying, yet light-feeling.

• Casino and Gambling

• doug48's Profile Photo

mgm grand: casino dinning

by doug48 Written Jan 26, 2008

mgm grand

the mgm grand has an excellent selection of restaurants. the following is a list of restaurants at the mgm grand.
    fine dining:
    joel robuchon, craft steak, l'atelier, fiamma, shibuya, sea blue.
    casual:
    emeril's. wolfgang puck, diego.
    budget:
    studio cafe, rainforest cafe, cabana grill, wichcraft, stage deli.
    check their website for more info and reservations.

• Spa and Resort
    • Business Travel

• Whiskeyguy's Profile Photo

Rainforest Cafe: Rainforest Cafe @ MGM Grand

by Whiskeyguy Written Nov 25, 2007

The Rainforest Cafe is a great place to take children if you happen to be staying at the MGM Grand. It has a very detailed rainforest feel including moving animals and a lightning show. The food is a little pricey, but your kids would love it, and the food was pretty good.

Favorite Dish: I really don't remember exactly what I ordered, but it was the concensus of my group that all the food was good, so you really can't go wrong.

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Buffet: Good selection and desserts

by imlikeabird Written Nov 1, 2007

We tried this buffet for breakfast but got there around the time they started serving lunch, so we got to try a bit of each. The only downer was a really long line, even when you got inside the buffet the individual stations had lines. I remember being so hungry I was beyond cranky, which may have made the lines seem longer than what they really are.

But the food was good, and the selection was really great. In particular, their dessert selection was better than any other buffet I've been to in Vegas.

Favorite Dish: I fell in love on this trip... with a dessert from the MGM Grand Buffet. I tried about a half dozen desserts, but one was an orange custard with dark chocolate topping. At least that's what I think it was. I have never had anything quite like it. It was so good I went back and had a second one, no matter how tight my pants got.

• glamourprincess's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Buffet: Great breakfast

by glamourprincess Written Aug 15, 2007

We tried the breakfast buffet. There were short lines and we soon got a table. I've heard the lines can be long and slow so I was pleasantly surprised of the short waiting time. We got a small table, it was okay, but I would prefer bigger tables.. even though we were only two people. The food was quite good, bacon, egg, fruit, ham .. and so on. I preferred the bread pudding and the french toast. I wasn't overimpressed by the food but it is value for money, and if you're hungry this is the place to go!

Favorite Dish: Fruit and bread pudding, I have a sweet tooth!

• msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Rainforest Cafe in MGM: Eating in a Rainforest

by msbrandysue Written Jul 2, 2007

Eating with the mascot!

I am recommending this restaurant because of its delicious, regular, cheaper breakfast. While looking for breakfast in Las Vegas I found extremely expensive coffee and bagels or expensive, strange food. One morning all I wanted was some eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc. without putting $20-$50USD down. Well, in MGM I found what I was looking for!

The Rainforest Cafe is a chain of great restaurants around the United States. There is also one in the MGM Hotel beside the Tiger exhibit. The actual dining area is in the middle of a rainforest. There are (fake) monkeys, elephants, rainstorms, lightening, etc. However, everything in Vegas is bigger, right? So this Cafe is home to a 10,000 gallon saltwater aquarium and tropical waterfalls.

This is a great place to come if you are with little ones. They have a nice kids menu, balloons, and a fun little store.

Definitely the best breakfast I had!

Favorite Dish: The best part of their breakfast is the potato cubes (hash browns?). The seasoning is amazing and they were just AMAZING!! All of it was, really, but those were definitely the best. The bacon was crisp, eggs cooked right, and the fruit was fresh.

If you do come during the day/night you have to get the volcano desert! It comes with a lit firework, sparkler, and it's such a great treat!

• Aquarium

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

L'atelier (de Joel robuchon): MGM culinary experience

by Agraichen Written Apr 24, 2007

when you need to be at a show on time it's good to eat near by...so...just outside of our venue for Ka, L'atelier was found.

The ambiance is, well, deep in a casino with the doors open, not what you'd expect from a top end restaurant where you expect to pay a fortune for food.

Favorite Dish: hmmmm....difficult territory here. while the food was tasteful, it was not exactly served timely nor was it even hot (that is when one expected a hot dish).

We had fish, shell fish, steak, and chicken but all could have had better care even if the taste was quite good.

As we had informed our wait staff we wished to be "out" at a certain time for the show, I suspect this may have had somethig to do with the service (or lack thereof) but for the price, I expect more.

• Craft Steak at MGM Grand: Great Streak, great service, nice place

by Seberus Written Dec 10, 2006

Craft Streak at the MGM grand is a really nice steak house....the room is huge with lots of tables for large groups. The dinners were very ample, the decor superb and the service really fine. The Steak was prepared to a turn. The spinach was delicious as were the other side dishes.....the Ceasar salad was icy cold ( as it should be ) and seasoned well. The wine list is astonishing but most of the offerings were not on our budget ( 600 or 700 dollars a bottle)but there were many offerings in the 50 to 100 dollar range.
    The dinner was a little more expensive than we would have expected but, a bit cheaper than most of the other venues at the MGM.

Favorite Dish: The Sirloin steak with bone.....good....to a turn

• lazyman_1's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Buffet: MGM buffet

by lazyman_1 Written Jun 6, 2006

there is almost too much food to choose from at the MGM Grand buffet. All different kinds of food are represented. There is a huge dessert bar, a mexican food booth, prime rib, rack of lamb, a seafood section, and salad bar. It is slightly on the expensive side at $27.99 so its doubtful you'll be eating there too often but its a great way to get a taste of what a las vegas buffet is all about

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

The Rainforest Cafe: A tropical storm surprise.

by RAINBOWWINGS Updated Apr 7, 2006

Entrance to Rainforest cafe

If you are in the MGM Grand, take time to go and have a snack or coffee or something stronger in this amazing tropical rainforest. Tables are placed under a canopy of jungle vines and trees with wooden walkways straddled from one to another. Large lifelike animals move in the forest. An elephant will stick his head out of a bush a trumpet loudly. A huge ape swings from vines and a beautiful waterfall plays in the background. Every half hours or so the lights dim as the clouds move overhead and a huge tropical storm starts. Rain falls heavily ( only round the Bar area) and thunder and lightning crack around you. A great experience. Go find Tracy the talking tree in the shop as you leave.

Favorite Dish: They used to do the most amazing liqueur coffees but unfortunately they dont anymore, but everything else is good.

• mandeeuk's Profile Photo

Emeril's in the MGM Grand: Surf and Turf!

by mandeeuk Written Mar 19, 2006

I had the most amazing surf and turf at Emeril's paired with unbelievably good wine. We ate at the bar because it was so busy and it was a bit of a high paced atmosphere. I would definitely go back for the food.

• Casino and Gambling
    • Luxury Travel

• Dishes in ti: Don't miss this buffet

by meliha Written Dec 5, 2005

This is a new buffet at ti (Treasure Island) and it is GREAT! This isn't your ordinary buffet!

They have lots of dishes that are pre-made (and constantly being refilled) and in the italian section, they have several dishes on display that they will make you ON THE FLY! They made me some tortellini with pesto sauce, it was great. Besides the items they make when you ask, they have others -- fried rice, chicken, beef, sushi, and more.

The dessert table is huge -- ice cream, tarts, donuts, chocolate covered strawberries, and much more.

Favorite Dish: The italian dishes that they make on the spot are just too good and I can't pass up a trip to Dishes without having the chocolate covered strawberries.

• LakeFever's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Buffet: Lots to Choose from!

by LakeFever Written Nov 26, 2005

Yummy

Anything and everything there....all you can eat. Drinks not incl. Eat only late lunch or dinner there...lunch you get the good rate and food...dont eat breakfast there...cery expensive for the food youll eat...take a walk down the strip, go to dennys OR if you want to spend the money go to a themed restaurant or hotel ad spend the money for the surroudings and setting.

Favorite Dish: Sushi, good selection...prime rib....and well seafood...all types, crabs legs too.

• sunlovey's Profile Photo

Fiamma: Mmmm! An ultra-hip and tasty Italian joint

by sunlovey Updated Nov 22, 2005

Located in the city walk portion of the MGM nestled amidst several other restaurants, Fiamma attracts a chic and swanky 30-something crowd. Dimly lit, with a nice bar/lounge area. Ultra-friendly and attractive wait staff. So... this uber hip set up and clientele begs the question, is the food good? Yes my friends, yes it is.

Favorite Dish: Drinks to indulge in.... Lemon mojitos, Strawberry cheesecake martinis

Gosh did we indulge here...

MOZZARELLA
        Mozzarella Di Bufala, Organic Tomatoes Yellow Pepper Crema, Basil Oil (so fresh, so authentic, an italian staple)

POLIPO
        Citrus Grilled Octopus
        Green Olive "Olivada", Roasted Peppers (OK, if you're not big into suction-cup like tentacles staring up at you from your plate, skip this one, if you don't mind, order it, it's spectacular)

GNOCCHI
        Maine Lobster Ragu, Zucchini
        Salsa Rosa, Fresh Herbs (hands down, my favorite, creamy, fresh and succulent, wanted to order another one!)

TORTELLI
        Roman Sheep's Milk Ricotta Ravioli
        Truffled-Pecorino Cheese (deeeeelectable)

BRANZINO
        Atlantic Black Bass "Salmoriglio"
        Asparagus, Fingerling Potatoes (incredibly large portion, and quite delicious too)

and a heaping side of Yukon Gold "White Truffle" Smashed Potatoes (OH MY GOSH, why can't ALL mashed potatoes be infused with white truffles!?!??! HEAVEN)

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near MGM Hotel
0 miles away