MGM Hotel, Las Vegas

by machomikemd
  • ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo

Fiamma- at the MGM Grand: Avoid this Place at MGM Grand

by ArizonaExpert Updated Oct 10, 2005

We were going to see KA at MGM, so against my better veteran of Las Vegas judgement, we opted for a restaraunt in the hotel. Should have known better.

This place may have done well in Soho, New York, but I don't get the draw. Although decorated nicely, the menu is very limited, and the prices are way out of whack for what you actually get. We can afford to eat at any place, but I don't like overpaying for poor quality, or small portions of food.

There were no vegetarian options on the menu...everything had meat or was meat based, or had meat on it. The waiter said they could do some vegetarian options, but you almost felt as if it were an insult to the chef. There were only 6 pasta dishes, and a few other selections of chicken and veal chop. No other traditional Italian selections. I am not a picky eater, but I found the menu to be a drawback, as did the rest of my party.

Both pasta dishes we ordered, both vegetarian version and regular, were salty and WAY overpriced. In fact, every entre on there was WAY overpriced. I really object to a small bowl of ravioli for $26. Give me a break. It wasn't even that good. The meat my friend ordered was also salty.

We didn't have any alcohol, and our bill for four was over $150, even with my wife's selection getting sent back for being inedible. Olive Garden would have been better.

Favorite Dish: The Caeser salad was good, for $10. We split it and it was more than enough. Took 25 minutes to get the salad, but the main course folllwed 5 minutes later. That was good, since the show was starting in ten minutes.

I would avoid this place for a number of reasons....food quality, overpriced and limited menu.

• Food Court: Studio Walk at MGM

by galge Written Jul 25, 2005

The food court on the Studio Walk at MGM Grand was a great place to get a quick breakfast. There was a Starbucks, McDonald's and Nathans. Nathans had a buffet style with scrambled eggs, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, etc. We found it very convenient to take these things up to our room. This saved us on time and money as we didn't have to go to a sit down restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Of course, the food is only average, because it is a food court, but the selections were satisfactory. You could also get fresh fruits and bagels, muffins, etc. from the starbucks.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Buffet: Watch out for dinner prices

by PinkFloydActuary Written Mar 22, 2005

A very wide selection of food. Dungeness (I think) crab legs, prime rib, and a wide selection of salads and vegetable side dishes. The buffet can get quite crowded, and they seem to have difficulty seating larger than parties of 5. Waits can seem to take forever. I think they've raised their prices recently, and it no longer seems to be worth the high rate they charge for dinner.

Favorite Dish: They had a roasted asparagus last time that was done perfectly. The crab legs were also unique.

MGM Grand Buffet

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo

MGM Buffet: Best buffet hands down, forks up...

by bryINpoland Updated Mar 5, 2005

Looking for a great buffet? Look no further. MGM has one of the biggest and best buffets in sin city. They have every food u can imagine. Name something, and i will tell u if they have it..... Yup they have that. Its not the cheapest but its well worth it. It runs on average about 25 bucks, and worth every penny. Take it from me, MGM Buffet is the way to go!

* Please feel free to rate this tip or any of my other tips. I am always looking to make improvements. Thank you...

• Custodyspice's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Buffet: The BEST buffet!!

by Custodyspice Written Jan 13, 2005

The food here was bloody gorgeous, an excellent choice, and sitting here thinking about it now is making my mouth water. I had been advised that this was a buffet not to be missed and it was exceptional. One of the more expensive buffets, but worth every penny.

Favorite Dish: Fave dish? I was happy with all of them!!!

MGM Grrrrrrrrand

• erudisel's Profile Photo

Diego: Mexican upscale dining

by erudisel Written Dec 20, 2004

Yes, Mexican fine dining exists, and Diego may be the leading pioneer in this area. As one reviewer said, "forget what you think you know about Mexican food."

The restaurant provides a Manhatten-style atmosphere with south-of-the-border flair. The cuisine is perfectly prepared and will provide you with a new level of respect for Mexican cuisine.

The restaurant is decorated in red with water art filling the senses, making you forget you are in the middle of a casino in Las Vegas. The sound of running water can be heard from nearly any table.

All the dishes are prepared traditionally with very high quality ingredients (what you'd expect from Vegas) and top-notch presentation. The sauces are delicately prepared without being heavy or cheaply thickened. If it is says the sauce is a reduction, then rest assured that it is a reduction. Nothing out of can here and nothing thickened with flour-based products (unless, of course, that IS the traditional way). The mole sauce that I had on my last visit was perfect. An ideal blend of garlic, onion, chocolate, and chiles. I couldn't even decipher the individual ingredients because the flavors were fused together so well. The sign of an excellent saucier.

The table-side salsa service is also a nice touch. A salsa server comes around before the meal starts and provides fresh fried tortilla chips and an offering of fresh salsa. He has 6 salsa on his cart in large, heavy glass bowls. A salsa menu is provided, including mild, hot, mango salsa, and cilantro based salsa verde. You get to choose three and they are placed in smaller glass ramekins that fit into a recessed salsa holder on the table. This is part of the meal. No extra charge. A very nice touch.

The bar itself is very nice too, and provides a comfortable setting for the after-dinner margarita made with premium tequilas. There are large baskets spaced about 6 feet apart on the long bartop that are filled with limes that the bartender uses for drinks.

Favorite Dish: 5{o many dishes to choose a favorite, and since this place is relatively new, I haven't had to chance to eat there often. One appetizer that I wouldn't bypass, though, is the Ceviche de Langosta y Camaron. Again, the lobster is very delicate and fresh, and the cilantro provides a bite that leaves you ready for the entree.

I would also recommend the mole sauce, if you are a fan of it, because of the obvious care taken to ensure a proper representation of high quality mole.

The food was so delicious here that we asked to speak to a manager to give the restaurant our highest compliments. This is the standard for Mexican fine dining.

Visit the website below to see the full menu (use the navigation bar on the left of their menu to choose "Diego")

• conark's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Buffet: Very good experience; went twice even!

by conark Written Nov 9, 2004

We checked into the MGM Grand and were a bit exhausted and hungry from all the driving on a Friday afternoon. Fortunately for us, this place has one of the, imo, better buffets along the strip. We must've arrived at the buffet around 8:30 or so, but the place wasn't packed at all for dinner on that Friday. They have a generous selection of salads, entrees and mostly American + pasta and some small Mexican dishes. i believe i tried the lamb and crab which were v. good. my friend (who's from japan) absolutely loved the place and was pretty stuffed after the experience.

On Sunday we had the champaigne brunch. For some reason, I felt this was a step up in terms of the breakfast buffets I've had in Vegas. One of the most notable things is the made-to-order omellets. Just really fresh. There was a line that day but it moved fast and we didn't have to fight over anything. The whole place has a nice atmosphere and you feel very comfortable in the expansive seating.

Also, the french toast, cheese blintz were excellent. I was extremely pleased with the experience and feeling. The taste is really good and while not offering anything particularly special, this place doesn't have anything offending either. They just do what they do well.

Favorite Dish: Made-to-order omellets, french toast and cheese blintz.

• ErinInMD's Profile Photo

MGM Grand Buffet: Lots and lots of food!

by ErinInMD Written Apr 11, 2004

The MGM Grand Buffet is a little pricey if you think back to all the cheap buffet signs you see around town ... but it worth the money.

We only ate there for breakfast on two mornings and were surprised on all the choices. You can have waffles, quiche, many different egg dishes ... just to name a few!

There's almost always a line, but the line moves quickly. You'll have better luck getting seated faster if you're in a small group. A line isn't always a bad thing, either. We had some great conversations with the people we stood in line with!

Favorite Dish: I'm a sucker for the home fries.

Fran and Beebs in the elevator on our way to eat
    • Singles

• ErinInMD's Profile Photo

Rainforest Cafe: Fun for all ages!

by ErinInMD Written Apr 10, 2004

The ambience was that of a rainforest. There was misting water, mechanical animals and timed thunder to add to the ambience. You can find this chain of restaurant around the U.S., but it felt very in place in Vegas.

Expect to wait in line if you go at normal lunch/dinner times. There is a shop right next to the restaurant which has a lot of cute merchandise inspired by the restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The Caesar salad was very good. I added some grilled shrimp and was very satisfied. The drinks were also very good and are worth trying.

Fran, Beebs and Me (and the elephant)

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

RAINFOREST CAFE: DEEP IN THE JUNGLE

by alyf1961 Updated Jan 27, 2009

I love the rainforest café, there is always so much to look at whilst you wait for your food.

Favorite Dish: My favourite is the steak and fries

RAINFOREST CAFE

• Fodeman's Profile Photo

All Star Cafe: All Star Cafe

by Fodeman Written Aug 24, 2002

Personal i like the restaurante with 'American food' like all star,hard rock,planet,etc.
    In All Star the music and videos are excelent.

Favorite Dish: Hamburger with bacon 1/2 pound

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near MGM Hotel
0 miles away