Mon Ami Gabi, Las Vegas

4 out of 5 stars 29 Reviews

• TravelChick67's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Hanger steak & scallop potatoes - (king no more)

by TravelChick67 Updated Oct 1, 2006
    View at dinner/my delish steak!  half eaten :)

We like sitting in the greenhouse area but after this last visit, we will not be back soon.

The quality of food and service has gone downhill. See below.

*****UPDATED****
    Sept., 28, 2006

Favorite Dish: We used to get the hanger steak with classique sauce (herb butter) and the scalloped potatoes but just recently (09-28-06) we were there and found the menu changed around a bit, the meat not as tender and the potatoes done wrong.

Very sad. If you see the pic to the left, that was taken about 2 years ago or so. That's when it was perfect.

I can no longer recommend this as a "must try" but I will admit that our dinner was not terrible. For $20, it's really not a bad value. Our problem is, we knew it for several years the old way and so now, we're disappointed.

I asked the waitress and she said they just changed everything in the spring. They took the scalloped taters off the menu (although they still do them some nights with the special so we were able to get some. Only problem, they weren't that great) and they took the sole off the menu and the service seemed very rushed and hectic. More like you were eating at a Coco's and they were understaffed that night. No attention to a nice dining experience and details.

And while true, these are not gourmet dining prices, they are not hot dog stand prices either.

It's a shame to see this happen. Perhaps it's a fluke? One can only hope but I doubt I'll be back there soon.

And go for dinner, they have a few more items on the menu compared to lunch and you can only get the scalloped potatoes at dinnertime.

Other items that are good are the dover sole, quiche with salad, cheeseburger (on a very nice freshly baked roll), and the escargot.

Their ham and cheese sandwich isn't as good as Pinot Brasserie (at the Venetian) and neither are their fries.

The bread they serve at the table is usually very fresh and comes hot in a little white bag. However, we have had them deliver a stale loaf a couple of times so if that happens to you, be sure to send it back and tell them you want a fresh one. This is VERY good bread and it would be a shame to eat a day old baguette.

The escargot is $9.95 and the "hanger steak" is $19.95.

• justintobias's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: French food

by justintobias Written Aug 27, 2006

Decent food and a nice patio to eat on. The steak is good here. All the wait staff have these french accents and you know damn well that they arent french but its cool anyways.

Favorite Dish: steak, bread, dessert (dont remember what I had but it was good)

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Great Ambience, Great Service, So-so food

by imlikeabird Written Jul 19, 2006

My husband at dinner, Mon Ami Gabi

The ambience was wonderful, we were seated immediately, and the service was impeccable. I was a little non-plussed by the actual food. I had the Steak Bourdelaise with Pomme Frittes. It was good, but I was expecting much better. I order medium rare and it was cooked all the way through. My husband's side dish was macaroni & cheese, which was the best thing that hit our table. The escargot couldn't hold a candle to escargot that I had in Paris and other restaurants.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a glass of pinot noir, sold by the glass, and it was really good

• Mon Ami Gabi: The Poorman's Paris

by aycha Updated Jan 12, 2006

Cuisine: French Bistro

Mon Ami is a dependable eatery serving standard bistro style fare. Their prices are more than reasonable and if you sit outside on their patio you'll be afforded a wonderful view of the dancing Bellagio fountains.

Favorite Dish: Escargots de Bourgogne
    Steak Bordelaise
    Grilled Ahi Tuna Salad
    Steak Roquefort with Steak Frites

• karin1972's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Great French Restaurant

by karin1972 Written Feb 7, 2005

Great restaurant located inside the Paris Hotel. Try to get a window seat or sit outside, where you can watch the water show in front of the Bellagio Hotel, located across the street.

Favorite Dish: Wonderful French Onion soup, Filet Minon and Creme Brulle'.

• Jtodd's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: French food with a view

by Jtodd Written Jan 30, 2005

Mon Ami Gabi is at the front of the Paris Casino - facing the Bellagio. If you get there earlier enough you can get outdoor seating with views of the pedestrians and the Bellagio fountain show.

This is the 2nd Mon Ami in the Lettuce Entertain You chain out of Chicago. The original is in the Belden Stratford apartment building in Lincoln Park.

Great atmosphere and good food - you can't go wrong.

• caz400's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: The Patio

by caz400 Written Oct 9, 2004

Arrive at least two hours before you want to eat, and put your name down for a table on the patio, it looks out on the the strip and you will have a perfect view of the bellagio fountains, While waiting have a drink or two in the lounge bar or a gamble in the casino.
    a wonderful experience we didn't feel rushed as there was probably a very long queue waiting for any of these tables

Favorite Dish: The food was French- American, steaks, chicken and fish, lots of garlic and onion

• worldglobetrotter's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Fabulous French Feast

by worldglobetrotter Written Sep 28, 2004

This is the restaurant my husband and I celebrated at on our wedding night. It was perfect...I adore French food, so this was not only delicious, it was quite romantic, too.

We were seated by the window where we could watch people walk by.

Favorite Dish: I opted for:
    Onion Soup Au Gratin
    Roast Chicken et Frites
    Bottle of wine

The fries are really quite delicious here.

My husband ordered Onion Soup Au Gratin and Steak Classique (with steak frites).

• Mon Ami Gabi: Exceptional Wedding reception

by pottylorraine Written May 5, 2004

We held a wedding reception at Mon Ami Gabi in April. The reception was in a beautiful area in front of the restaurant that would have been more spectacular had the Bellagio Fountains been working. A transformer blew at Bellagio and the Hotel was black for three days. The ambiance at Mon Ami Gabi was like being back in a typical Parisian Restaurant. The tables were beautifully decorated by the staff. The escargots were the best I have ever had and the french bread came wrapped in paper bags , a lovely touch. The filet mignon was exceptional, it melted in our mouths. The staff were extremely helpful without being overbearing . The room was beautiful, at the edge of the restaurant and became quite romantic when the night came.

Favorite Dish: The escargots were exceptional..The fresh parsley seemed to be finely minced and drizzled on top of the dish which added a wonderful fresh taste.

• mary_birt's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Great Food

by mary_birt Written Oct 18, 2003
    Paris Hotel

After my sons wedding we went to Mon Ami Gabi for a meal, this was most enjoyable a little on the expensive side but well worth it.
    The food was delicious, the wine superb, the atmosphere wonderful, the staff were excellent and friendly.

Favorite Dish: I had a steak au par, the steak wasdelicious, we had a Chardeney wine with the meal. I couldn't eat a dessert [I was too full] but others in our party did.

• spartan's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi (A French Steakhouse): A meal to remember

by spartan Updated Jun 6, 2003

A charming French bistro

This fabulous restaurant is located at the Paris Las Vegas Casino & Resort. Bonjour, Bonjour said the maitre'd as you walk in. What a romantic night this can be...so if you happen to go there with your significant other, get ready for a wonderful romantic evening.

Well I found that place, it's called Mon Ami Gabi (wonderful location). If you decide to dine here, ask for patio seating. I guarantee that you will not be upset (you will enjoy the view). Here is what you get to see by sitting on the patio: The Bellagio Fountains (and hear the music), you look up and a replica of the Eiffel Tower is above you and if the sky is clear, you get a view of the moon.

Very romantic don't you think??? For this fantastic recommendation, I have to give credit to fellow VTer samerjamer...thank you (or as they say in french--merci beaucoup) my friend.

Favorite Dish: The waiter starts you off with loaf of warm french bread and lightly salted butter (you pull it apart like you would do in Paris or France for a matter of fact). Now the hard part begins, what do you want for dinner (le dîner)...fish, steak, pasta, chicken, etc. Well we decided to take the seafood (le poisson) route.

One entree we decided on was called Halibut Paillard (tender halibut fillet accompanied by a mound of nicely cut pommes frites/french fries, huge portion). To drink with this meal, we decided on a Macon-Villages Cave de Lugny Chardonnay (98), excellent choice.

For the other meal, we decided on the Grouper Almondine (lightly breaded and baked grouper over a wonderful almondine sauce which came with green beans and leek mashed potatoes). The wine for this meal was a Monmousseau Clos le Vigneau Vouvray (Chenin Blanc) Val de Loire Cuvee (98).

And finally, to cap the wonderful meal off we had a surprise birthday dessert (le dessert) called Profitoroles which is a cream puff filled with vanilla ice cream and covered in chocolate sauce...outrageously delicious!!!

• Casino and Gambling

• lauriejeanne's Profile Photo

At Mon Ami Gabi you will enjoy...

by lauriejeanne Written Sep 7, 2002

At Mon Ami Gabi you will enjoy total culinary delight. Mon Ami Gabi is a French Steakhouse at the Paris Las Vegas Casino & Resort. While famous for their steaks, their fish and seafood are also excellent. We sat outside on the terrace and watched the Fountains of Bellagio during our tremendous meal. As I looked up to the left, the illuminated Eiffel Tower competed with a full moon for my attention.
    This setting is spectacular. See my comments above!

Favorite Dish: We started off with a loaf of warm french bread and lightly salted butter. It accompanied grated carrots in a sweet vinagrette. My main course was the Halibut Paillard (tender halibut fillet accompanied by a mound of nicely cut french fries), and a fine Macon-Villages Cave de Lugny Chardonnay (1998). I normally dislike Chardonnay but this was dry and flavourful. I'm glad I trusted the waiter. My friend ordered the Grouper Almondine (lightly breaded and baked grouper over a wonderful almondine sauce which came with green beans and mashed potatoes) with a Monmousseau Clos le Vigneau Vouvray Val de Loire Cuvee (1998). Then since it was my birthday, the waiter surprised me with an amazing desert: Profitoroles (which is a cream puff filled with vanilla ice cream and covered in chocolate sauce). Now that was a treat!!

• jenna24's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi

by jenna24 Written Aug 25, 2002

Mon Ami Gabi
    Mon Ami Gabi Las Vegas, where dark woods and comforting tapestry warm your senses to the return of simple French food. The menu features Classic Steak Frites and Fruits de Mer offered in a variety of styles in addition to many other authentic French selections.

Favorite Dish: NEW YORK ROQUEFORT w/ LEEK MASHED POTATOS

• brdwtchr's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi is a restaurant...

by brdwtchr Updated Aug 25, 2002

Mon Ami Gabi is a restaurant in front of the Paris Las Vegas. We ate out side like we were in a cafe in Paris. From our table we could watch the people go by. Just as we finished our fine dinner a loud opera began to play. As the singer's voice rose higher and higher fountains of water rose higher and higher in to the air at the Bellagio across the boulevard. We had great seats to watch the dancing fountains.
    The service was excellent.

Favorite Dish: Our waiter suggested an excellent fish that my wife and I shared. The portion was large enough for us both.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Mon Ami Gabi
4.0 out of 5 stars