Mon Ami Gabi, Las Vegas

• mightywease's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Mon Ami Gabi - Candlelight and Fountains

by mightywease Updated Apr 4, 2011

Paris LV & Steve

What could be more romantic than having dinner directly under the Eiffel Tower while watching a choreographed fountain display on the neighbouring Italian Lake? Eh? Okay, I’m not in Paris. I am, of course, in Vegas!
    Mon Ami Gabi is a bistro style restaurant in the Paris Las Vegas Hotel with views – and a terrace – overlooking the Strip and the Bellagio fountains across from it. Although quite a large restaurant it manages to retain an intimate feel, helped by subdued lighting and that most romantic of radiance, candlelight. The inner room is furnished in dark wood and has the feel of an exclusive members only club, the conservatory is airy and light with large windows overlooking the terrace and the Strip – we were lucky enough to get a table by one of the windows and had a great view – the terrace itself looked like a great place for people watching and, on a warm evening, a wonderful spot for watching dusk fall and Vegas light up.
    Service was excellent, understated yet pleasant and efficient but without making you feel that you were being rushed. Most importantly the food – French influenced steak and seafood - was delicious.

Favorite Dish: We had
    Shrimp Gabi – thick meaty prawns in an oil and garlic sauce
    Sea Scallop Gartinee – scallops in a mouth-watering cream, garlic and mushroom sauce

Steak Roquefort and Frites - excellent
    Parmesan Crusted Fish and Frites – like very posh fish and chips, fabulous. The frites were so thinly sliced they were like delicate and tasty crisps

Banana Crepe with Ice-Cream and Syrup – Yum!
    Crème Brulee – Yum, Yum!

Bottle of white wine, 2 cocktails and 2 glasses of dessert wine

Total cost for two with tip – 180 dollars

Quite expensive but worth every penny!

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: People watching AND food on the strip :)

by kymbanm Updated Apr 4, 2011

Our univited lunch guest :(

Original review:
    I love this place .... I can eat alone on the patio and still receive great service :) I watch other folks walking the LV strip, and if my timing is right, I can enjoy the Bellagio water show across the street .. all while eating crispy crusted bread, wonderful escargot, and well, everything!!!!

Addendum: April 2006
    My views of this restaurant have changed radically after my latest visit. The service was horrid! We had to ask multiple times for water, coffees, bread, etcetera. Though our waiter was nice, our table was so far off the beaten track neither he nor the busboys remembered we, or the neighboring tables, were even there! Add to this bad experience the discovery of a parasite in one of our table-mates fish dinner! Of course, the staff and manager removed this entree from our bill. But with everything else I experienced this visit - I won't be coming back. I don't mind splurging on GOOD food and service ... but a $200 bill for 5 adults after this experience left a terrible taste in my mouth.

Favorite Dish: I love their escargot .... their crepes .... soups .... and especially their bread! I can go there and have a cheaper meal of soup, bread, etc .... or a bigger meal of a crepe.

Their entree servings are huge, and big enough to share ......

BUT DON'T GET THE FISH!

• deecat's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Excellent French Food: Paris Hotel/Casino

by deecat Updated Jan 29, 2011

Filet French Style with Blue Cheese and French Fri

One of my favorite moments in Las Vegas came the evening we ate dinner in the Paris Hotel/Casino at the Mon Ami Gabi French Restaurant. It was a lovely evening with high temperatures for the Month of January in Vegas; our waitress was topnotch; the food was excellent [for the most part]; and the light/water show across the street [See Photo #5] at the Bellagio was extraordinary. We sat out on the large patio [See Photo#3] with a perfect view of that show which exists about every half an hour.

Even though it was quite crowded, we were seated within ten minutes, and our waitress was quite efficient and oh, so friendly. Yes, the prices were high as most food prices are in Vegas, but the quality of what was served was worthy of the price.

Favorite Dish: On this memorable evening at Mon Ami Gabi, we were seated outdoors on the very large patio overlooking the strip with the beautiful Bellagio Hotel across from us. Of course, the Water/Light/Music show entertained us every 30 minutes. Our terrific waitress served the hot bread and butter first. Both Mickey and I felt this bread was just remarkable with its crusty outside layer and its warm, soft middle. None of it went to waste.

Because of our small appetites, we decided to share our meal. We agreed that we were in the mood for meat; thus, we selected the Filet of beef, French Style with delicious Blue Cheese for its topping. We were quite surprised when it arrived because it was so thin, and we are used to a thick portion in the Chicago area. However, we were not disappointed. It was as long as the plate and ever so flat. Remarkably tender, it melted in your mouth. The Blue Cheese was so fine that we made verbal sounds as we relished the experience! Along the steak, they had placed crispy French fries [See Photo #1]. Now those of you who have read my restaurant reviews are aware that I do not eat potatoes. Nevertheless, I tried these and loved them. We also thought that it would be wise [since we were at a French restaurant] to order French Onion Soup.[ See Photo #2] Now that decision was somewhat disappointing because the soup was too sweet for our tastes. However, the cheese topping for it was excellent cheese.

To end the evening, we ordered coffee drinks; I enjoyed a wonderful Cappuccino, and Mickey was surprised by the small size of her coffee drink. [See photo #4] All in all, it was a delightful dinner.

• Wine Tasting

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: French bistro food

by Dabs Updated Jul 31, 2007

I had heard some not very complimentary things about this branch of Mon Ami Gabi on various travel boards but I was tired of walking and it was extremely hot outside so I stopped here anyways for lunch. Mon Ami Gabi is one of my favorite places to eat in Chicago when I have a taste for French bistro food and I thought this location was comparable to the one in Chicago.

Even though it was about 100 degrees outside some people were still eating on the patio, I grabbed a table inside which had a view of the patio.

The service was quick, pleasant and efficient.

Favorite Dish: I usually go for dinner to the one in Chicago and order steak frites, since it was lunch I ordered a steak sandwich with carmelized onions and frites and I thought it was pretty good and very filling and reasonably priced. I really wanted to order dessert but I just didn't have enough room.

• kris-t's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Classic bistro in Paris Hotel

by kris-t Updated Dec 13, 2012

Mon Ami Gabi, Vegas

Mon Ami Gabi is a classic French bistro with a good food and very friendly service. And it's the only restaurant with an outdoor terrace on the Las Vegas Strip.
    The menu features classics such as the warm Onion Soup Au Gratin with bubbling baked gruyere ($9.95), Frisée & Bacon Salad with a soft-poached egg and croutons ($10.95), Roast Chicken & Frites grand-mere style with mushrooms, bacon and pearl onions ($19.95), as well as the trademark Steak Frites (from $19,95 up to $39.95).

Monday 7:00am – 11:00pm
    Tuesday 7:00am – 11:00pm
    Wednesday 7:00am – 11:00pm
    Thursday 7:00am – 11:00pm
    Friday 7:00am – 12:00am
    Saturday 7:00am – 12:00am
    Sunday 7:00am – 11:00pm

Booking is not nessesary for inside dinning but there is some waiting time (up to 30 min.).

Favorite Dish: We had:
    Smoked Salmon,
    Trout Amandine,
    Bananas Foster Crepe ,
    Profiteroles (wish were a little bit dry)
    Espresso $3.95 (2 tea spoons! really?!?)
    (The full Mon Ami Gabi's menu is available on the webpage.)

It was a good expiriense, just a bit overpriced after all.

• Luxury Travel

• soccergrrl's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Just a Nice Place

by soccergrrl Updated Apr 4, 2011

Paris, Las Vegas

What we loved about Mon Ami Gabi when we had lunch there was their opaque-roofed dining room. Between the indoor tables and the outdoor tables, there was a lovely, light-filled but cool section that was perfect on a hot Las Vegas day.

Favorite Dish: I had a butter lettuce salad with gruyere and walnuts -- it was exactly what I needed after an all-morning airplane flight and a walk in the Nevada heat. Each table also gets a yummy, crusty loaf of French bread.

• cdw0218's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: The best place to eat outside in Vegas!

by cdw0218 Written Aug 24, 2009

Mon Ami Gabi down the strip

Well to start, just because it is French inspired does not mean it does not have casual food or food for any taste. My wife is very picky and we found some food she loves. With that said the food is EXCELLENT, we have not had a bad meal there. We love to stop there late and night and have some appetisers or sides with a drink. If you can get on the rail outside in front you have a nice view of the Bellagio Fountains, great people watching and see some nice cars at night. We have been here 3 times now. The first was Halloween, that was a blast. We always try to sit and the railing. The food is priced to meet the ambience and the view. We don't mind paying a little more for that, but it is not over priced to say the least. The drinks are little pricey, so we stick with Beer and we are not wine drinkers, but they have a very impressive selection. This is a great place to visit at least once, especially at night if you can sit out side.

Favorite Dish: There are two dishes we love, the Garlic Fries and the Macaroni and Cheese. Both are unique and both are very very tasty with a tasty price too...

• Luxury Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• wheellw's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: My favorite on the strip

by wheellw Written Mar 20, 2008

I am a local and this is probably one of the restaurants I go back to again and again. I love bringing visitors here because this probably has one of the best locations on the strip. The food is very good also. If the weather is nice, request a table on the patio. The patio literally sits on the strip, slightly elevated. You will be rewarded with a great view of the Bellagio Fountains across the street. In addition, you get to see another show. That would be all the people going up and down the strip. This can be quite interesting in and of itself. The food is very good. This is not what I think of as fancy french. This is simply good food. The wine list is well done and interesting. The wait staff is knowledgeable. I had one waiter who was a UNLV student majoring in Restaurant Management. He was very helpful in choosing wines. Another waiter was from Turkey and interesting to talk to. Reservations during busy times would be a good idea, however, we have never waited more than 30 minutes for a table.

Favorite Dish: I really enjoyed the potatoe soup with a slice of brie. The pate is excellent. There are a number of steaks and chicken dishes. The "pommes frites" served with many dishes is a cross between french fries and potato chips.

• chocolatepoetry's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Beautiful, authentic Parisian Bistro

by chocolatepoetry Written Nov 5, 2006

Mon Ami Gabi

I highly recommend this restaurant in the Paris Las Vegas Casino. They have several options for dining rooms, including a dark all wood room, a lighter room with wicker and outside dining right on the strip. It is authentically and beautifully decorated in heavy drapes, bistro chairs, bench seating and stained glass.

The feel of the Mon Ami Gabi is pure Parisian Bistro and it accompanies a menu, which is as close to Parisian Bistro as I’ve seen in America.

Hot rustic bread with sweet butter was served immediately. The bread was in a bag and nice and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

My husband and I both had the special of the day, Creamed Tomato soup and it was very good. Then I had a filet mignon with merlot butter, which was extraordinary. It came with the most unusual fries I’ve ever eaten. (This meal is called Steak Frites in France.) The fries were super thin pieces and had the taste and feel of onion rings but were definitely potatoes. Now that I am back home I fantasize about them.

I had a glass of Grenache and my husband Beaujolais, both from France and both excellent. My husband had the Macaroni and Cheese in Mornay sauce that was also wonderful, filled with chunks of ham and several cheeses.

We were too full for dessert.

Mon Ami Gabi, with the white table clothes, heavy silver service and dark room was a great restaurant, with attentive staff and a nice quiet cool atmosphere. I can’t wait to return and try more of the extensive menu including crepes, quiche and omelettes. They are open for lunch and dinner.

Favorite Dish: Filet Mignon with Merlot Butter

• clueless83's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Dining alfresco

by clueless83 Written Feb 6, 2008

The view from our table

I'd read a bit about Mon Ami Gabi before I went to Vegas. From what I can gather it is the only outdoor eating place on the strip. We had lunch on the patio one afternoon and were sitting there long enough to see the fountain show at the Bellagio. The fountain show across the street and the alfresco dining is what makes Mon Ami Gabi that little bit more... talked about.

Favorite Dish: Sitting outside and being very hot I chose to have a salad, which was actually tastier than it sounds. My boyfriend had a sandwich with crisps (potato chips) which was fairly huge by my standards. We were also given a baguette to share before our meal which came in a paper bag, as it was in a bag I thought we could take it with us when we left but the waiter took it away before we had chance to ask for it. Oh well.

• LuvMyBoxerKids's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Mon Ami Gabi: Great Food, Great View, Great Value!

by LuvMyBoxerKids Updated Apr 4, 2011

Mon Ami Gabi

We ate at Mon Ami Gabi for our anniversary dinner. And let me tell you, I am SO glad we did! Our meals were beyond great! I had a wonderful Lemon Chicken Breasts with fresh green beans and almonds and the husband had the Steak Classique with Frites. Both meals were cooked very quickly and tasted like they cooked all day! We sat out on the patio and enjoyed the Fountains show at the Bellagio. Our server gave us great service. He was a little snobby, but hey, its all about the atmosphere right!? Our bill was LESS that $50 and we thought it was worth twice that amount! We HIGHLY suggest Mon Ami Gabi to anyone!

Favorite Dish: The Lemon Chicken Breasts with fresh green beans and almonds.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Excellent~

by Yaqui Written Mar 18, 2012

We were treated by our brother to this fabulous restaurant since it was our 29th wedding anniversary. We were seated right away by the patio. What a lovely place, with great service and food. I would recommend eating here to anyone willing to try it.

CUISINE-French Casual
    HOURS OF OPERATION-7am - 11pm
    DRESS CODE-Business Casual/Semi Formal
    AVERAGE CHECK-$25/per person
    FEATURES-Al fresco dining, Deliciously simple French dishes and Extensive, international wine selection.

Favorite Dish: We were served onion & cheese baked soup, baked macaroni with chicken, and fresh baked bread loaves. Then we shared ice cream with chocolate topping. Excellent!

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Great Ambience, Great Service, So-so food

by imlikeabird Written Jul 19, 2006

My husband at dinner, Mon Ami Gabi

The ambience was wonderful, we were seated immediately, and the service was impeccable. I was a little non-plussed by the actual food. I had the Steak Bourdelaise with Pomme Frittes. It was good, but I was expecting much better. I order medium rare and it was cooked all the way through. My husband's side dish was macaroni & cheese, which was the best thing that hit our table. The escargot couldn't hold a candle to escargot that I had in Paris and other restaurants.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a glass of pinot noir, sold by the glass, and it was really good

• lauriejeanne's Profile Photo

At Mon Ami Gabi you will enjoy...

by lauriejeanne Written Sep 7, 2002

At Mon Ami Gabi you will enjoy total culinary delight. Mon Ami Gabi is a French Steakhouse at the Paris Las Vegas Casino & Resort. While famous for their steaks, their fish and seafood are also excellent. We sat outside on the terrace and watched the Fountains of Bellagio during our tremendous meal. As I looked up to the left, the illuminated Eiffel Tower competed with a full moon for my attention.
    This setting is spectacular. See my comments above!

Favorite Dish: We started off with a loaf of warm french bread and lightly salted butter. It accompanied grated carrots in a sweet vinagrette. My main course was the Halibut Paillard (tender halibut fillet accompanied by a mound of nicely cut french fries), and a fine Macon-Villages Cave de Lugny Chardonnay (1998). I normally dislike Chardonnay but this was dry and flavourful. I'm glad I trusted the waiter. My friend ordered the Grouper Almondine (lightly breaded and baked grouper over a wonderful almondine sauce which came with green beans and mashed potatoes) with a Monmousseau Clos le Vigneau Vouvray Val de Loire Cuvee (1998). Then since it was my birthday, the waiter surprised me with an amazing desert: Profitoroles (which is a cream puff filled with vanilla ice cream and covered in chocolate sauce). Now that was a treat!!

• worldglobetrotter's Profile Photo

Mon Ami Gabi: Fabulous French Feast

by worldglobetrotter Written Sep 28, 2004

This is the restaurant my husband and I celebrated at on our wedding night. It was perfect...I adore French food, so this was not only delicious, it was quite romantic, too.

We were seated by the window where we could watch people walk by.

Favorite Dish: I opted for:
    Onion Soup Au Gratin
    Roast Chicken et Frites
    Bottle of wine

The fries are really quite delicious here.

My husband ordered Onion Soup Au Gratin and Steak Classique (with steak frites).

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Mon Ami Gabi
4.0 out of 5 stars