New York-New York Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Chin Chin: Chin up

by Paisleypaul Updated Apr 17, 2011

Queueing for breakfast buffet Chin Chin

The Chin Chin restaurant at New York New York hotel is on the ground floor between check in and the lifts. This was our only buffet venture at breakfast, not cheap at $14.99.

Service not at all great, we were greeted on arrival, and seated, then our server got us tea and coffee, and asked us to go ahead. He never came back to see if we wanted a refill .

A relatively small area for a buffet was quite busy and did not have the usual cooked breakfast type of options. My first pass was to take a large bowl of nothing but mixed fresh fruit. Thereafter I assembled the (pictured) French toast awith fried potatoes & red pepper, a couple of link sausages and some pretty bad (!) scrambled egg I thought was done with flaked mushroom but was in fact small pieces of char siu pork

Favorite Dish: fresh frut was good, French toast OK.

But not cheap, not good service, and not really to our taste, Generous 2 stars from 5 here! Just thinking we shouldn't have gone here for breakfast, lunch and dinner I normally love Chinese

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Il Fornaio: Little Italy New York Style

by Paisleypaul Written Apr 17, 2011

Swordfish rolls

It was busy on the Sunday evening after the Labour Day September holiday when we dined at il Fornaio, we were staying at New York, New York and it is just past the check in- reception (if you come from the car parking lots). We had starters water and wine and I had an Italian beer, we had mains of swordfish - served as rolls in breadcrumbs resembling croquettes - and butterfly chicken breast with potato roasted in oil.

Good restaurant but the service was just OK not great, the food a bit better, slightly pricey for what we paid but wortha visit. Think there is a discount voucher in the welcome pack you get handed if you are staying at New York New York

Was surprised that Il Fornaio is a chain, about 20 restaurants almost all in California

Favorite Dish: The sword fish stood out because it was such an original way to serve this dish

• JJBlondie's Profile Photo

Nine: Trendy doesn't always mean the best

by JJBlondie Updated Apr 4, 2011

This loud trendy restaurant was fun to be in, filled with young beautiful people out for an expensive bite or drink before partying the night away in the casinos or at a club. But, it was a bit too loud for any real conversation. And while the food was good, I wouldn't say it was excellent. The most redeeming quality was when we sat in the lounge after dinner and the chef brought us free petite fours of their desserts to try because he liked the way we smiled.

Favorite Dish: Hmmm, wouldn't say anything was too die for here. My lobster bisque had a funny taste. My salad I exchanged it for was a salad, nothing special. The bread on the table was good, but not worth noting really. And my steak meal was adequate. Not great, not bad, just an adequately expensive meal. My favorite part of this meal was the Silver Oak Cabernet I drank, and honestly the restaurant had nothing to do with that.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Greenberg's Deli: Sandwiches in the NYNY Food Court

by PinkFloydActuary Updated Dec 22, 2010
    Waiting for food at Greenberg Deli...

Part of the nifty food court in NYNY, this places serves standard deli food - sandwiches with chips and pickles. It's not the biggest or best corned beef I've had, but it was decent for a quick meal. Service was fairly fast, I got my food and back to a table faster than my friends who visited some of the other places in the food court. The prices are a little on the steep side for what you get $7-8 for just the sandwich. While not worth going out of your way for, if you decide to take in quick meal at this end of the strip, this deli should be a consideration. Be sure to try to find a table in the "courtyard" - lots of good people watching while you eat.

Update (2010) - still here. I had another corned beef sandwich. This time, the line was longer than other places in the food court area. No matter - still worth a stop!

Favorite Dish: I had the corned beef sanwich. An adequate amount of meat served on ordinary rye. Nothing out of the ordinary, but nothing to complain about either.

• clueless83's Profile Photo

Mezzanine level of NY NY: I scream for Ice Cream

by clueless83 Written Mar 12, 2009

At the entrance to the New York Hotel there are stalls and small snack bars selling pretzels, toffee apples and soft drinks. We decided to stop here for ice cream. Plenty of flavours to choose from. There's also a couple of tables in there for if you wanted to eat your ice cream there rather than outside in the hot sunshine.

• glamourprincess's Profile Photo

Gonzales Gonzales: Noisy Mexican in NY NY

by glamourprincess Written Jul 16, 2007

Gonzales Gonzales is located inside the New York New York hotel. It has a Mexican theme and menu. There were seating areas inside the restaurant and "outside". We were placed outside.. It was very noisy due to the casino and the rollercoaster above us. I think the waiter was Mexican because he had an accent. There was some trouble with my ID (because I'm not American and I wanted a beer) and he wouldn't even let me explain to him.. It did work out in the end though, but I'm surprised a tourist spot such as a restaurant inside a Las Vegas Casino are so unfamiliar with ID that's not a American driver's license. I ordered a salad, Portobello Salad I think. It contained salad, not fresh or crispy, just soft and tasteless.. Portobello (apparently a mushroom) .. soggy and not good, and I don't remember anything else cause it was so tasteless.. I think this restaurant was the biggest dissapoinment during our trip to Vegas.

Favorite Dish: None.. unfortunately.

• KaisaL's Profile Photo

Gonzalez Y Gonzalez: Good Mexican Cuisine

by KaisaL Written Nov 26, 2006

This restaurant is in New York New York Hotel & Casino. Great ambience, friendly staff, quick service.

Favorite Dish: Great Food, I had a taco salad, more than enough to eat. Bo had ENCHILADAS A LA CASA with chicken, it was very good. For desert we had the Sopapias. Alot of food for the money...Highly recommend!

Chin Chin: Asian with an American twist

by HotRodEtte Updated Oct 17, 2006

Chin Chin is an Asian restaurant located inside New York New York. Although I hadn’t gotten the pleasure of trying them for dinner, their daily breakfast buffet is excellent, and it’s only $11.95. I’d like to thank the security guard at the hotel for recommending this, otherwise I’d not have known you could get breakfast here!

Favorite Dish: The barbecued pork bits were wonderful, even at breakfast time. Also among my favorites were the hash browns, which were tossed with an Asian vegetable to give it some “spice.” My sister enjoyed the French Toast (which was called 5 spice toast). Unfortunately I was too full to try it!

Sirrico's Pizza: New York style pizza joint

by HotRodEtte Written Oct 17, 2006

Sirrico’s Pizza is a small fast pizza joint inside New York New York. You will pay the same for either regular pizza or Sicilian style and the flavor is fabulous. They have tables set up outside the restaurant to give you that “outdoor café” feel, and you can watch the people go by as you enjoy your lunch.

Favorite Dish: Why, pizza, of course!!!

Il Fornaio: Dining New York's Little Italy Style

by HotRodEtte Written Oct 17, 2006

Il Fornaio is located inside New York New York just in front of the white bridge that goes to the guest elevators. This was a wonderful Italian restaurant with a great menu, a good sized wine list and reasonable prices. I did pay $10 for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc but it was wonderful and the meal was worth it. All in all, I’d say the 2 of us got our total bill for under $50.

Favorite Dish: The linguine with seafood was amazing. Linguine is in marinara sauce and the plate was garnished with 3 shrimp, 3 mussels and 3 clams with scallops tossed into the pasta. I would definitely have this again. This was our server’s recommendation when I was stuck with a choice between 2 menu items. Definitely a good decision!

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

America: Casual dining all night long

by HotRodEtte Written Oct 17, 2006

America is located inside NY NY and if I’m not mistaken, they are a 24 hour joint. You can also eat outside at the pool. There is a special section on the pool deck for those ordering food. Beware though, if ordering from the pool, service may be a bit slow as there was only one waitress taking orders. The food was good but also a little pricey.

Favorite Dish: I had the quesadillas, which were outstanding. You get 4 large pieces and they give you a side of salsa and sour cream on your plate.

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

NY, NY Food Court: Most Affordable in Vegas

by HotSpotJ Written Nov 4, 2005

NY NY food court

The food court in NY NY is where you want to go at the end of your stay if you're not winning at the table.... great food at affordable prices, and alot of selection , too, with at least a splash of NY flavor in some of the entrees..

Favorite Dish: NY Pizza by the slice!

• Spa and Resort

• HELEN's Profile Photo

Il Fornaio: Little Italy in NYC

by HELEN Written Jun 15, 2005
    Il Fornaio

This restaurant is located inside New York New York. When you sit out on the patio, you really feel like you're in Manhattan. This place is pretty big, so they can accommodate large parties and many of them.

Favorite Dish: The food is really good. Their pizzas are just like the real italian pizzas - very thin crust and large. The seafood pastas are worth ordering too.

• Andraf's Profile Photo

NY, NY Food Court: The Village Eateries

by Andraf Updated Jan 19, 2005

New York, New York Casino, Las Vegas

The NY, NY Food Court offers a variety of food to suit every taste. Don't expect something fancy, most of what is available is fast food. The different eateries serve hamburgers and hot dogs, deli sandwiches, New York-style pizza and chinese food as well as deserts like ice cream or cookies. Get your food and eat it on the street (I'm kidding, the food court at NY, NY tries to mimic the streets of Manhattan’s Greenwich Village). I usually like to eat breakfast here when I'm in Vegas, a danish or a croissant and a cup of espresso.

• toontown's Profile Photo

America: Regional favourites at America

by toontown Written Jan 8, 2005

Map of U.S. in America

We went to America, the restuarant in New York, New York, for breakfast on our first morning in Vegas. There was a buffet breakfast available at our hotel but, personally, I think buffets for breakfast are over-rated and, as Canadians we were keen to try some regional American cuisine. We weren't disappointed at America.

The line up was quite long but it moved quickly. We were seated right underneath the main attraction at the restaurant - a 30 by 90 foot raised map of the United States, including mountains, rivers and famous landmarks.

The service was friendly, although a little slow (but so were we).

Favorite Dish: The food was very good and plentiful. Mark had the Ol' Dixie breakfast, which cost less than $10 and consisted of 2 eggs, country-fried steak, biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns and toast. I had the sirloin tips, mushrooms and onions, which also came with 2 eggs and hashbrowns and cost about $9, also very tasty.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas