Olives, Las Vegas

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Olives: Delicious Mediterranean

by shrimp56 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Olives at Bellagio

A beautiful restaurant in the shopping area at Bellagio. It is open and light with a lot of tile -- which means it can get noisy when crowded. Todd English's original "Olives" was in Boston.
    The restaurant has recently been redecorated.

Favorite Dish: The flatbreads are scrumptious -- try the Fig and Proscuitto one!

• aquatic's Profile Photo

Olives at Bellagio: Nothing special, just very expensive.

by aquatic Written Apr 7, 2009

Despite everything I heard and read about this restaurant, I was not impressed by food. I guess, because I've been to less expensive places and ate better. No complains about interior: very nice. I did not get the fountain view though...

Favorite Dish: None, like I said: was not impressed.

• Spa and Resort
    • Wine Tasting

• kimberlyfisher1's Profile Photo

Olives: Olives!

by kimberlyfisher1 Written Apr 28, 2008

Todd English's Olives Restaurant is the perfect Vegas lunch or dinner spot. Located in the upscale Bellagio Hotel, Olives specializes in brick oven pizzas, steaks, pastas, and rotisserie dishes.

Favorite Dish: ~Tuna Tartare

~Slow Braised Lamb Ribs

~Flatbreads (so yummy!My favorite: Portobello, Wild mushroom puree, herb-roasted portobello, red onions, fontina cheese, white truffle oil )

~Ribeye

• Singles
    • Casino and Gambling

• Olives: Great atmosphere!

by sockdrawer Written Dec 6, 2006

Had lunch at Olive's on the patio. We arrived at 11:00 when the opened, and barely got a table for 8 outside. It sounded like people did have reservations, so I would suggest them.

The diners at my table had everything from pizza to pasta to burgers, and they were all excellent.

Also had the Turkish bloody mary, with spicy olives in it. Excellent! However, expensive ($16 a pop). Worth it, though.

• chocolatepoetry's Profile Photo

Olives: Still dreaming of the ravioli's with peas and mint

by chocolatepoetry Written Nov 5, 2006

I could not wait to dine at Todd English’s Mediterranean restaurant “Olives” at the Bellagio casino in Las Vegas. And it turned out to be one of my favorite restaurants after four days of dining out.

I knew what I wanted right away from reading the menu outside. The mint and spring peas ravioli. My gosh it was spectacular, and one of the most creative dishes I have ever dined upon. I devoured every single bite and considered licking the plate or ordering more. I wish I could snap my fingers and return at this moment.

My husband had the special of the day, pizza/Calzone style beautifully served on a wooden plank. While he finally enjoyed the meal itself, he needed a steak knife to cut it. Unfortunately, the very inattentive waiter took a very long time to obtain one for us. In most aspects, our service was slow and inattentive and is our only complaint about the restaurant.

If you can survive the mediocre staff, the food is scrumptious! And I will definitely go back.

The restaurant has a view of the Dancing Waters in the evening. It is dark and cool with enormous unusual and arty chandeliers. There is a bar all along one wall. It is spacious and comfortable. “Olives” is open for lunch and dinner. We had lunch there in the late afternoon with virtually no waiting.

Favorite Dish: Spring Pea Ravioli with Mint

• bellemichelle's Profile Photo

Olives: Yummy Delicious!

by bellemichelle Written Jan 22, 2006

My boyfriend and I have eaten here twice now. Its in the shops area of the bellagio hotel and has a patio that overlooks the lake and the fountain shows. The food is awesome and the atmosphere has a sophisticated trendy feel. You should get reservations even for lunch. The menu consists of salads, thin crust pizza, pastas, and main entrees that include seafood and meats. All the ingredients taste very fresh and high quality.

Favorite Dish: The crispy yellow fin tuna is soooo yummy. Its rolled in some kind of bread and then seared and placed on a bed of lettuce, green beans, and avocado. The pizzas are all great too- great for sharing. The bloody Mary is a spicy pick up from a late night too!

• Luxury Travel

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Olives: Olives

by goingsolo Written Dec 29, 2004

Bellagio

Olives is one of the most popular restaurants at the Bellagio. Its less formal than the top of the line options and the food is supposed to be excellent.

I have to add a caveat that I'm not a huge fan of Italian food. I like it, but its not my favorite. The restaurant was crowded and overbooked, resulting in a 20 minute wait even with a reservation. That can be a probloem if you have show tickets. The staff was polite but not bothered by requiring large numbers of people to stand around and, well, wait.

I thought the food was good, but nothing over the top. Then again, if you're a fan of pasta and heavy sauces, your opinion will probably differ from mine. The service was friendly but since the place was packed, a bit harried. I liked the dark wood decor of the place and the view of the lake, but I could do without the crowded and noisy surroundings.

• Loops's Profile Photo

Olives: Good food, good views

by Loops Written Feb 6, 2004

Olives is a Mediterranean type restaurant at the Bellagio hotel. You can sit outside (preferably in shade!) and have your meal and watch the excellent Bellagio fountains while you eat - fantastic!

Favorite Dish: I had a selection of fish burgers with different dressings (can't remember exactly what it was called), but it was lovely - 3 different styles on one plate! massive portions. While we were waiting for our main course, they brought out Italian bread and olive tampinade (spelling?) which was delicious. The whole meal was lovely.

• bruingirl's Profile Photo

Olives: Olives

by bruingirl Written Aug 24, 2002

This cute, little restaurant is on the lake in the Bellagio. They have a veranda that overlooks the lake and is absolutely beautiful!!! The service is outstanding! US$25-30/entree.

Favorite Dish: Everything from the wine list to the fresh fish!

• Radiomom's Profile Photo

OLIVE'S in the Bellagio Hotel: OLIVE'S in the Bellagio Hotel

by Radiomom Updated Sep 6, 2002

Chihuley's Glass Work

Beautiful setting, Italian-Vegas-This-is-gonna-set-you-back-some-$$$$

Favorite Dish: Impossible to choose...we ordered about a dozen different things and passed plates back and forth all lunch. It was amazing.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Olives
4.5 out of 5 stars