Ports O' Call Buffet, Las Vegas

by Koala_D
  • Ports O' Call Buffet
    by truesunn
  • Koala_D's Profile Photo

Gold Coast Casino -- the main BUFFET !!: Don't miss this one... we almost did!

by Koala_D Updated Jul 15, 2003

Denny's !!

There are many restaurants here, and we almost missed the WONDERFUL and INEXPENSIVE buffet offered here! The ambience is .... open-big room- not too crowded-plain. BUT... the food is GREAT! This was the best food we had in Vegas, and very inexpensive. I believe lunch was $6.95. (The Flamingo Buffet was very good, but twice the price.)
    The dessert AREA was like an entire bakery! The buffet stretched the length of the room, and the salad and fruit bar was separate from that.
    It starts with a Mexican section (each section must be about 8-10 feet long)... then Italian... American... Chinese... Mandarin... and Seafood. The seafood section had great prawns.... Mandarin- chicken... Mexican- tacos, carne asada... Italian- pizza, lasagne. The desserts were heavenly.... cheesecakes, tortes, pies, cakes, puff pastries, cookies, strawberry shortcake, and so much more!
    ***2nd place would have to go to (of all places!!) Denny's. Newly opened by Harrah's on the strip, and across from the Mirage.... We had wonderful root beer floats and lunches here. The server (fantastic waitress.... efficient with personality plus!) was "Snow", from Oregon state.

Favorite Dish: Gold Coast Buffet: I think my favorite was the chicken from the Mandarin section. Unusual flavor-- great!

The main restaurant in another section of this casino offers a wonderful Chinese menu with good prices for lunch/dinner, also!

• Seniors

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Ports O' Call Buffet: Great value

by PinkFloydActuary Written Mar 21, 2005

It's hard to find a dinner buffet for under $10, but the Gold Coast still does it. The selections are a little more limited, but the food is still pretty good - Seafood, Italian, Mexican, American, Salads, and Dessert. There's usually not much of a line either. Just got to find it way in the back of the casino.

Favorite Dish: They had crayfish last time I was there - something of a rarity in the buffets.

• truesunn's Profile Photo

Ports O' Call Buffet ~ Gold Coast Casino: Tasty and Inexpensive Buffet!

by truesunn Written May 29, 2003

Last time I went to Vegas, my friend I stay with still worked at Gold Coast and was on the graveyard shift. I decided I was going to pull and all nighter gambling gig, but, about 5am, I couldn't wait to eat any longer, and I went to the Ports O' Call. At this time they were serving breakfast, but I was surprised to see they still had regular dinner type entrees available as well!

I went to pay the cashier expecting to pay around $10... Nope, $4.55 INCLUDING drink with free refill and my all you can eat buffet! I was amazed and very pleased. The lady who showed me to my seat was very pleasant, and was from Jamaica originally!

I went up to the buffet where I found american food, italian food, chinese food, and a gamut of breakfast foods including the most tasty Eggs Benedict I ever had, bacon, sausage, toast... ALL the trimmings!

The food was very good, and the service people were very friendly and personable. I would recommend this buffet for late night gambling gigs. I understand it is usually $8-9 during the day...

Favorite Dish: Eggs Benedict, cooked to perfection and their crispy bacon!

• Casino and Gambling

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Ports O' Call Buffet
4.0 out of 5 stars