Quark's Bar and Restaurant, Las Vegas

Las Vegas Hilton.

• Quark's Bar and Restaurant
    by msbrandysue
  • Quark, owner & operator, with a Geek Girl
    Quark, owner & operator, with a Geek...
    by Darkeyedgirl
    ships above your head as you dine
    by Darkeyedgirl
  • msbrandysue's Profile Photo

Schlotzsky's: My Favorite Sandwich

by msbrandysue Written Dec 30, 2012

Schlotzsky’s is one of my very favorite places to eat. It’s a sandwich shop that you can take out or eat in the shop with plenty of tables always available. It’s a bit pricier ($6-7 for a sandwich) than most other sandwich shops but definitely worth it.

It's a place where you order at the counter, then wait for your food and pick it up when they call your number. It's very casual and I'm sure you'll love the food! Or you can go through the drive-through just as easily.

Hours of operation
    Mon-Sat: 10:30am-9:00pm; Sun: 11:00am-7:00pm

Favorite Dish: The highlight is the sandwiches. They make it with thick sourdough bread and very thinly sliced meat. Then they sprinkle cheese (the best is a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella) on one piece of bread and run it through an oven conveyor belt. Therefore the sandwich is warm and very tasty. The Original is their signature sandwich and comes with: “Home of The Original® Sandwich. Lean smoked ham, Genoa and cotto salamis, and melted cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses layered with black olives, red onion, lettuce, tomato, mustard and our signature dressing on toasted Sourdough bread.” (From the website.)

Their sandwiches are quite large. I’ve never ordered a large, the mediums are quite enough when you’re at your hungriest.

Their original chips are delicious! Their pizzas are as well. The cheese and pizza is definitely worth trying, also cooked on a sourdough. The bbq chicken looks just as good but it’s hard not to get my favorite sandwich, the turkey and cheese.

• Darkeyedgirl's Profile Photo

Quark's Bar and Restaurant: dining among aliens, underneath the Enterprise D

by Darkeyedgirl Updated Apr 4, 2011

ships above your head as you dine

I'll talk about Quark's Bar & Restaurant until I am as blue in the face as that horned alien who visited me while I was there for the 2nd (or was it the 4th?) time.

The food is, no pun intended, out of this world. You get more than what you expect, trust me on this one. The drinks are just as plentiful & big. The whole Star Trek Experience will leave you wanting more. The hostess & waiters in their Starfleet uniforms & how they act out their duties... just thrilling! And the aliens are "true to form"; a Klingon will ACT like a Klingon; the Ferengi TALK like Ferengi. The make up is believeable, their acting is dead on and you can tell these people actually ENJOY their jobs. Although, to them, it's not a job; it is truly who they are!

Quite a thrill to a life-long fan of Star Trek. Or, even to ANY science-fiction fan (or, Geek as my daughter calls me), you'll still be impressed by how much this place soaks itself in it's namesake. I was seated at the bar with Star WARS fans; and they didn't know what the heck a Klingon was or what they stood for ("honor", of course); but they were pretty impressed by the actors, the food, the shopping, etc.

There's also a few souvenier shops (Ferengi like to make money, after all). Quark will follow you around in there and make sure you spend your Earth money on all the stuff his shop has to offer!

Favorite Dish: I ate here so many times... hrm... I guess Captain Janeway's cobb salad was my favorite. It's so big and has just about everything you can imagine! I also got clam chowder from some planet other than earth (I guess clams are a delicacy on every planet?)... desserts, main dishes, you name it, it's GOOD. It's super-sized, too, so be careful how much you order!

Watch out for the Borg though... you don't want to get assimilated.

• Casino and Gambling

• erudisel's Profile Photo

Quark's Bar and Restaurant: Out of this world...

by erudisel Updated Apr 4, 2011

A bubbling, smoking mixture of alcohol...

Okay, I know it's a bit geeky to eat at a restaurant merely because I've seen the replica on Star Trek DS9 (or is the restaurant the replica?) The first time I ate here, two years ago, I was floored by the quality of the food in a (presumably) novelty restaurant. The food is actually well prepared and presented. The decor provides an interesting atmophere with lasers, neons, and creative placement of lights and monitors. The waitstaff wears Starfleet uniforms. Insider's hint: don't engage them in ANY Star Trek talk unless you are prepared for a 15 minute diatribe about the languages of the popular series or perhaps something else...I'm speaking from experience here. There are also entertainers walking around in full-makeup. We encountered a Ferengi who was extremely personable, and a witty, if expectedly rude, Klingon. Of the people in the group I am the only one nerdy enough to admit that I love ST DS9. But, despite the franchise connection, EVERYONE had a great time. Two of my friends actually expressed to me that Quark's was their new favorite restaurant in Vegas.

Favorite Dish: Everything on the menu has a "trekkie" name so it is important to read the descriptions. It also makes it difficult to remember what the names of the dishes are. Everytime I go there I must have the fish and chips. I know it sounds rather boring, but believe me on this one. Red Snapper breaded and fried to perfection, leaving the fish soft and flaky. It also leaves your stomach FULL. The fries are okay. Fries are fries.

They also offer one helluva drink here too. Again, I don't remember the name of the drink, but it is the only one served in a fishbowl. I will post a photo of the drink when I have a chance. There are two sizes, small and large. The large MUST be shared by two people or the bartender won't serve it. It has that much alcohol. It also tastes great and is served with dry ice in the bottom so you get a great visual effect while you drinking. Nothing beats drinking a bubbling, smoking green mixture...with alcohol.

Trust me, you'll have a great time.

• Quark's Bar and Restaurant: Great Family Restaurant

by galge Updated Jul 25, 2005

This place was really neat. The whole hotel/casino has a Star Trek theme. And even though my kids didn't grow up watching Star Trek, they really enjoyed the restaurant here. There were Star Trek characters, including Clingons, in costume, taking pictures with the guests. They were very personable. There were also Star Trek episodes running. My husband and I enjoyed Ramin (sp?) ale. It was basically a blue beer. The restaurant was a duplicate of one of the bars on the show. I don't remember the character's name, but he was short with big ears.

Favorite Dish: My husband and I shared a club wrap and a salad. They were both very good considering the place was touristy. My daughter had a grilled chicken sandwich and my son had the equivelant of Quesidillas. Each item had names reminiscent of the show, so I don't remember specifically what they were called. Obviously, I didn't watch Star Trek as a child. There is a children's menu although we didn't use it. It had the regular chicken fingers, pizza, etc.

• kymbanm's Profile Photo

Quark's Bar and Restaurant: Beware of the warp core breech!

by kymbanm Written Nov 5, 2004

mmmmm, chocolate

Okay, I believe this place to have the best sandwiches in the tourist-y area of Las Vegas ..... everything I have tried, I have enjoyed. And the ambiance of the Star Trek experience, actors in costume .... well it's just a great combo :)

Favorite Dish: Deanna Troi Sundae ....... huge, and delicious!

Don't order the warp core breach unless you are with a group .... this smoking (literally) alcoholic beverage is tasty, and is about the size of a goldfish bowl! Designated driver needed.

• cad_fred's Profile Photo

Quarks at the Las Vegas...

by cad_fred Written Aug 26, 2002

Quarks at the Las Vegas Hilton.
    How often do Klingons come up and insult you in any other restraunt.

Favorite Dish: The smoking fish bowl. I think it is actually called the Warp Core Breach. It contains Rum, Poweraid, served with dry ice, in a medium size fish bowl. Very cool.

• Quark's Bar: Quark's Bar

by jheller Updated Aug 24, 2002

It is located within the StarTrek Experience in the Hilton Hotel and built fully in style.The menu is filled with StarTrek food and you even have the chance to run into any aliens that live in the StarTrek Universe.

Favorite Dish: Saucer Special, Data's Day