Spice Market Buffet, Las Vegas

Aladdin Hotel & Casino

The three S': SUSHI, SAUSAGE AND STEW
    Chinese delights.
    by travelgourmet
    Too much to drink or a fuzzy photo.
  • heryanta's Profile Photo

Spice Market Buffet: Totally recommended!

by heryanta Written Dec 26, 2007

I stayed at Planet Hollywood during the week and decided to eat at what they vigorously advertised as 'Award winning - best buffet 2006'

Food - good
    There are a few items that stood out: (1) the Southern fried chicken, (2) the Baklava and (3) the grilled lamb. The rest were just average.

Price - excellent
    Price as $13 per person for lunch, a great value for money considering the selection, quality and place (as in it's in the middle of the strip, you don't have to go out of your way)

Selection - very good
    I totally love their 'Middle Eastern' section where they have the Baklava, Couscous, Grilled Lamb & Chicken, Pita bread, etc. The other stations are as expected: Asian/American/Desert, etc. I give them a 'very good' rating for the excellent offering on the Middle Eastern station.

Other - this place is very popular, presumably because the hotel is marketing it heavily as the 'Award Winning - Voted Best Buffet in 2006' which in the end really is an over-hype but still, be prepared to wait in line.

Overall - very good
    Will definitely come back here.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Spice Market Buffet: Spice Market Buffet

by goingsolo Updated Apr 4, 2011

Spice Market Buffet

I wasn't even going to do this one, but the sign outside said that it was rated in the Best of Vegas, or something like that. Apparently, all the buffets receive some rating or another, or many of them do, so this doesn't mean much.

This was my first buffet and I was overwhelmed by the experience. Looking back on it, I'd say it probably was about average, but the seafood was fresh and the Chinese food was pretty good as well.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Spice Market Buffet: Food from around the world.

by travelgourmet Updated Dec 4, 2012

Too much to drink or a fuzzy photo.

Hungry? Don't know what to eat or where? High prices for dinner too much? Maybe a buffet is right for you. Not just any old buffet will do. The Spice Market Buffet inside the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino on the Strip, just might be the answer. It was voted #1 Buffet for 2009.

Spice Market Buffet does not have an intimate feel, but one of "let's eat", and eat you shall with some of the most surprising dishes to show up at a buffet. The best part is that the food is delicious. Hats off to the many chefs that have to prepare such quantities of food with flavors that tickle your palate. Don't let the word, buffet, fool you. Some of the offerings at the different buffet stations can hold their own with the most expensive restaurants in town.

Favorite Dish: What? How do you have a favorite dish at a buffet? Whatever I chose to put on my plate, I ate. The best part is that I enjoyed all of the different dishes. I ate enough oysters on the half shell to compensate for the price of meal, alone. Fresh, large, and delicious. I must have used 5 plates with food and we're not even talking dessert, yet. I went around the world in food dishes at the Spice Market Buffet. We are so lucky to have such a diversity in foods from different areas on earth and what better place to showcase these wonderful tastes than a location located in a resort called "Planet" Hollywood. To see the times open, go to the website for the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino and click on dining.

• Seniors

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Spice Market Buffet: The Best Buffet!

by HotRodEtte Updated Apr 4, 2011

Spice Market Buffet was definitely an excellent choice for us. Located inside the Aladdin, this had many different types of cuisine to choose from. Fairly priced, it was worth every penny. We went here for breakfast & they happened to have a champagne brunch for the entire Labor Day weekend. Mimosas came with our meal (or, you can get a plain glass of champagne if you choose). In 2006, Aladdin will be changed into the Planet Hollywood resort & casino. Hopefully, as they are not changing everything, this buffet won't go anywhere!!!

Favorite Dish: We went for breakfast, so I stuck to the breakfast menu. The French toast is to die for! Thick cut bread, wiht a touch of powdered sugar, this was amazing...however the best part was the peach sauce with the peaches to put over the bread. I couldn't resist going back up for more!!! My friend went up for dinner/lunch food after her breakfast helping, and the roast beef practically melted in your mouth! Another strong recommendation--this was located in the American cuisine section.
    The Labor Day champagne brunch ran us $18.99, however you may want to check the website for regular everyday prices.

• Spice Market Buffet: Pricy but worth it

by darylmitchell Updated Apr 4, 2011

The Spice Market buffet is one floor below the casino in the Aladdin hotel. It's a spacious room with high ceilings and tasteful decor. Tables and booths are arranged in the middle of the room. You pay up front and then are lead to your table. Food is self-serve but your server takes your drink order.

The food stations line the walls and are divided into different ethnicities and main ingredients. There's Mexican, Italian, Mediterranean, Asian, American, and Middle Eastern as well as dedicated seafood, vegetable and dessert stations. For diabetic customers, sugar-free desserts are available upon request at the dessert station.

Favorite Dish: Where to start? The Middle Eastern samosas and curries were particular standouts.

If you're going for lunch, as we did, plan on going a little early (say 11:15 a.m.). We did, and avoided what turned into a very long lineup at noon.

This is an expensive buffet by comparison, but the quality of the food makes it worthwhile. After all, what's the point of eating at some cheap buffet if it's crummy? Would you feel better knowing that, even if the food's bad, you're still getting a lot of it? Not me!

Another thing, take the time to enjoy your meal. Too often I saw people at buffets with heaping platefuls of food, desperately shovelling it in like it was their last meal, only to get up and do it again. So unless you're on the Bullet Train to Obesity diet, slow down and savour your food. Quantity is not the best measure of a good meal.

• Spice Market Buffet: Don't miss this fabulous 4 star buffet!

by fotobug33 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Yum..yum!

I had to update this tip because at first, I didn't remember their name, so I called because this place is a MUST if you love to eat (lol) It's called the Spice market buffet, inside the lobby of the Aladdin casino/hotel. You'll see moroccan looking lamps/lights before you go down the escalador for a landmark or ask anyone there, they'll tell you where it's at. The food is to die for, I paid $25 for all you can eat, and worth every penny. From Seafood, Middle Eastern, Asian, American, Italy, Mexican, Salad, to fancy desserts. I STUFFED myself with New York Strip, chicken Tandoor, shrimp tempura, Cocktail preens, snow carb legs, stuff fish with crab meat, Salmon, red(new) potatoes, mash potatoes, steam rice, basamel rice, curried chick peas, rice with seafood mixture, loafs of delicious breads, steam green beans, glazed sweet potato, chocolate covered strawberries, mousse ice cream, cheese cake, and fruit crept. No, that is NOT everything on their menu, it's just everything I ate, lol... they have tons more!! - I basically ROLLED out of the place from eatting so much, it was really really good!

A website address is: http://www.dilos.com/hotel/5310

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Spice Market Buffet: Another lunch time favorite

by PinkFloydActuary Updated Dec 23, 2010

Spice Market Buffet entrance

Like the Bellagio, it's best to go here for lunch to avoid the brutal dinner prices. Several great stations - seafood, mexican, chinese. Not as exotic as the Bellagio, but many tasty dishes (as you would hope for the $16 lunch tab). Usually not much of a line to get in no matter what size party you have.

Note - check out the slot club before you go. Last year, you got a pretty sweet deal (free lunch and $10 of play) for paying $20 to join the slot tournament.

2009 Update - the last two times I've been here, this has been a disappointment. The selections don't seem to have changed, but something seems off with the flavor. Reading other long time Spice Market fans opinions, I don't seem to be the only one who noticed something being off - dropping my rating as a result.

Favorite Dish: They had a delicious clam chowder - very tasty. I also think some of the Chinese dishes are quite good here.

• kfizyta's Profile Photo

Spice Market Buffet: Every meal was great

by kfizyta Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is an excellent buffet. The quality if high and the variety is great. The eggs benedict was excellent as was the smoked salmon.

Everything was very good. This buffet and the one at the Paris Hotel are my favorite. It is well worth the price, the quality of the dishes is much higher than at the buffets that cost a few bucks less.

• Spice Market Buffet: turn around and walk away from this buffet

by vegasbaby07 Updated Apr 4, 2011

i had high expectations for the aladdin spice market but it all came crashing down after i went their last week for lunch. I waited on line for 20 minutes to get in. When i got in there was about 6 different cuisines to choice from. The most exciting part of my buffet was the broccoli from the asian part, the fajita from the mexican place and the dessert. The jewels of the sea food tasted cold and old but the soup they offered was delicious. I rather spend my money on the Buffet at Paris because there my money was totally worth it.

• Spice Market Buffet: Favorite Buffet

by beansf Updated Apr 4, 2011

They have everything you could possibly want to eat. The food is actually very delicious. Go early and beat the crowd. You have chinese, japanese, sushi, mexican, american, italian, and a salad bar all at you disposal. Of course, there are many desserts to choose from, they tend to look a little better than they taste, so don't save too much room for that. Belly on up to the ice cream machine and have your dream sundae, instead!

Favorite Dish: Pizza

• Spice Market Buffet: Fabulous international buffet!

by GraceH Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is one of the mid-range priced buffets but it is FABULOUS. It has Chinese, Japanese, American, Mexican, Seafood, dessert and Middle Eastern stations, among others, as well as salad bars.

I've been to several Vegas buffets and they're usually nothing to write home about...but this one is outstanding.

Favorite Dish: I started with the Middle Eastern station and couldn't even get past that one. I've been to Lebanon, Beirut and can tell you I could tell no difference between the authentic cuisine and the stuff in this buffet: hummus, tabulleh, shish-taouk (marinated lamb and chicken kebabs) and lots more, all DELICIOUS and very fresh.

• kala6487's Profile Photo

Spice Market Buffet: Best buffet around

by kala6487 Updated Apr 4, 2011

I am not a big fan of buffets, but we were walking around the Strip all day and decided to check it out. We arrived for Saturday brunch. We were quickly seated and I was overwhelmed with the choices. Seafood, Italian, American, Asian and Middle Eastern foods were plentiful and cooked right before your eyes. Everything was fresh and delicious. The desserts were great too.

• fancydancer's Profile Photo

Spice Market Buffet: Well rounded buffet

by fancydancer Updated Apr 4, 2011

They had Asian, Italian, Middle Eastern, American, and Mexican. The dessert bar was pretty good. A nice selection, but sometimes the quality wasn't that great so I went for the usual vanilla soft serve. Can't go wrong with that. Some items could get prepared specifically by one of the cooks there.

• gkitzmil's Profile Photo

not a restaurant.... a buffett...

by gkitzmil Written Aug 24, 2002

not a restaurant.... a buffett -- THE best (I've tried about 20) you'll be told RIO but the BEST is in the Aladdin -- hands down winner! I didn't say the biggest, THAT's the Rio. But this one is better!
    best variety + best food quality (I'm no formal critic but I've eaten in 20 countries and spent a LOT of money on food in my life and for a buffet this is VERY good)this is the casino where it actually rains inside daily!!

• conark's Profile Photo

Spice Market Buffet: Expansive but a little disappointing

by conark Updated Apr 4, 2011

After reading numerous reviews for this place, i decided to give it a try. Went for a Saturday brunch so they had a good mixture of breakfast and lunchtime specialties. What you get here is a mixture of different foods from around the world, including some Chinese, Indian and middle eastern (i'm guessing) cuisine. I was mostly looking forward to the Indian since I've become slightly acclimated to various curries, tandori chicken, etc. while living in Tokyo (there's some excellent Indian there). Found the selection in this portion a little disappointing. The chinese area was small too. It seems like this place attempts to do a little of everything, which is good if you enjoy variety. However, I was hoping for more focus on the more ethnic areas. Can't say it was bad, but nothing really stood out for this place.

Favorite Dish: tandori chicken although it's only memorable because no other buffet in Vegas that I've been to serves it.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Spice Market Buffet
3.5 out of 5 stars