Stratosphere Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas

by onestepaway
  • engitalunion's Profile Photo

Stratosphere Tower: The Best View of Las Vegas

by engitalunion Written Apr 1, 2005

Take the lift to floor 107 --1,200 feet up -and your enter this spacious restaurant with huge glass windows in this revolving Restaurant .
    Amazing views of Las Vegas --night time is best .
    The food ,service,and surroundings were of excellent quality .

Favorite Dish: All of ours were good .

Do book !

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Roxy's Diner: A 50's style Diner at the Strat

by PinkFloydActuary Written Mar 23, 2005

The place is as advertised - it's a diner that specializes in shakes and burgers. It's got all the decor that you'd expect. It is situated away from the casino. The burger was OK and priced fairly, but the service here is brutal. They seemed extremely understaffed, and it was hard to get refills on drinks. If you have the time, go ahead and have the meal. If you're in a hurry, try somewhere else.

Favorite Dish: The burger was good, but nothing to gush over.

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo

Roxy's Diner (Stratoshere Hotel): Good Old Days

by bryINpoland Updated Mar 5, 2005

Roxy's Diner is one of my favorite places to grab a bite to eat in Vegas. The food is great and the service even better. Located in the Stratosphere Hotel and Casino, its a 1950s style diner with waiters and waitresses that sing and dance the night away. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for someplace different. If u are there on the weekends ask for Emily. Best server in the house. Tell her Hawaiian bryan sent u and you'll be treated like royalty.

* Please feel free to rate this tip, or any of my other tips. I am always looking to make improvements. Thank you...

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the Meat Loaf!

• Casino and Gambling

• Stratosphere Tower, On top of the world!: Breathtaking view, not for weak stomachs!

by kika404 Updated Jan 7, 2004

Upon reaching the 106th or 108th floor of the Stratosphere hotel's tower, you must walk straight forward out of the elevator, unlike us, (who lead by me) walked through an adjacent door to the left.... but after being lead in the right direction by a bartender we turned around arrived in the entrance area, which is quite small. We were seated at a table facing the north side of Las Vegas. The view was incredible this winter afternoon. After being seated we were handed our menus and the wait staff placed our napkins on our laps. We were seated in a dining area, which every few seconds, moves about 1/4 mile per hour in a clockwise direction (to get the full view of this remarkable city). Table settings were comfortable and classy. This restaurant is pretty pricey, even for their lunch menu. Dinner menu, I believe, is expensive, ranging around $25+. One problem we had was with the shaking of the room, at times, from the rollercoaster racing by just above the roof. That would definitely add to someone's nausea with heights or cause motion sickness while eating.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish was the Prime Rib with Cajun Spices. The prime rib was placed on a bed of string beans with roasted small white potatoes placed in a circle around the edges of the plate. The prime rib was very close to being cooked the way I prefer, nevertheless delicious. One special treat about the lunch was the bread brought to our table which besides being delicious, was accompanied by small plate with butter shaped into little Stratosphere towers. I loved these cute butter shapes and the bread was to my liking, nice and hot! One thing I did not like was the overall pricing of the lunch for what we recieved. I would have enjoyed paying the price I did and have it include a salad or soup, instead of having to pay an extra $5 to add. Although I did not add the salad or soup, the prime rib was very filling on its own. Very good restaturant to try once with family and friends. View is uncomparable.

My brothers.. not too happy with
    • Theme Park Trips

• Paulie_D's Profile Photo

The Courtyard Buffet: The Courtyard Buffet @ The Stratosphere

by Paulie_D Updated Oct 12, 2003

I ate in the buffet a couple of times and whilst it's not the best buffet available in Las Vegas it's certainly more than reasonable for the price.

Breakfast for $7
    Lunch $8
    Dinner (which I did not try) $11 - 15 (depending on the day).

If you are staying in the Stratosphere I would recommend it.

• truesunn's Profile Photo

Triple Crown Deli: Fattest Sandwich at the Strat

by truesunn Written Jul 27, 2003

Triple Crown is a small Deli on the Casino level at the Stratosphere. While the prices seem rather high for a mere sandwich, they do serve the most stacked deli ham sandwich I have ever seen! They also offer soups and chips.

Favorite Dish: I had a ham sandwhich which includes 7 slices of honey cured ham, 2 slices cheese, mayo and lettuce (no tomato for me thanks!) The sandwich was so thick, I was full after eating half of it! While $6 seems step for a Deli style lunch, you do get a very generous portion.

My friend had a tuna salad, which looked very appetizing also. She said it was very tasty!

• firechick's Profile Photo

Can't remember - Mexican Taco joint: Locals hideout near Stratosphere

by firechick Updated May 14, 2003

Spicy spicy spicy!! REAL Mexican food - not the watered down stuff you eat at the fancy places. After our splurges elsewhere, we found this economical and yummy place. No idea of the name. If you leave the Stratosphere and walk across the street and around the back, you'll find what looks like an old fast-food type of restaurant. Inside is a taco place, run by Mexicans for Mexicans. Not too many of us gringos inside.

Favorite Dish: Tiny tacos, double shelled, soft with super spicy salsa - just the way we liked 'em. You can eat 5 or 6 for under $5. Delicious, fast and cheap! Vegetarian, various meats etc. to choose from. The green salsa was the hottest (and best!) Very much a non-touristy destination!!!

Stratoshere Entrance

• mbstone's Profile Photo

Stratosphere Tower: Killer Rotating View

by mbstone Written Dec 17, 2002

The restaurant atop the Stratosphere Tower rotates so that you get a 360-degree view of the city as you dine. You would have to visit Windows on the World for a view like this -- and, of course, you can't do that anymore.

Favorite Dish: I don't remember what I had except it was up to the standards of other $$$$ restaurants in Vegas that don't even have windows, let alone a view.

Courtesy Stratosphere Hotel

• I really, REALLY love the...

by CDNgirl Written Aug 24, 2002

I really, REALLY love the buffets, and, so far, my favorite is the one at the Stratosphere. We got a discount ticket for the meal by going up their space needle, and there seemed to be such a wide variety of types of food. They're all fantastic, my friend from England was absolutely amazed at all you can eat food for such a low price.
    Prices are really amazing, anywhere from $5-20 US, depending on the hotel, and it's all you can eat!!!!

Favorite Dish: It doesn't matter what you're craving, the buffet will have it!!!

• Yubert's Profile Photo

Restaurant on top of the...

by Yubert Written Aug 25, 2002

Restaurant on top of the Stratosphere hotel. The food was good but the hotel rooms were very plain. Kind of like a Motel 6.

Instant Answers: Las Vegas

Comments

Hotels Near Stratosphere Hotel and Casino
3.5 out of 5 stars